Because the problem in most of BH&R and part of Abso is the clarity of the mix and the general compression, while in TR you can hear more or less everything quite clearly. Yet, it lacks oomph (guitar tones are mostly pretty bad, for example, that's why the live versions of basically all the songs were better). They learned from their errors since then, and that's why pretty much all if T2L is both clear and punchy (maybe except Liquid State, really).

I'm with the Fabrizoid on this. Abso and BH&R aren't as hard-edged as I want them to be, especially with Assassin. It feels like it should sound more jagged.

Black Holes better than Absolution?:LOL: I hope that's a joke.

Starlight, Exo-Politics (and maybe Hoodoo) make it impossible (for me) for that to be true because every single song on Absolution is better than those.

I quite like Black Holes though, it was the 1st Muse record I heard but how can it be better than Absolution?:stunned:

I mean just Stockholm Syndrome in quality is far superious than any Black Holes song, altough KOC and MOTP are close. And there's the epic B&H with the best piano breakdown Muse have ever done. And Ruled By Secrecy, one of the most beautiful and emotional songs, then Apocalypse Please is menacing and love the arpeggio, then Sing For Absolution is great, I used to love Tiro but I overplayed it, Hysteria is always nice to hear just like TSP and I almost didn't miss any other song.

In my opinion Abso is the 2nd best Muse album.

Black Holes better than Absolution?:LOL: I hope that's a joke.

Starlight, Exo-Politics (and maybe Hoodoo) make it impossible (for me) for that to be true because every single song on Absolution is better than those.

I quite like Black Holes though, it was the 1st Muse record I heard but how can it be better than Absolution?:stunned:

I mean just Stockholm Syndrome in quality is far superious than any Black Holes song, altough KOC and MOTP are close. And there's the epic B&H with the best piano breakdown Muse have ever done. And Ruled By Secrecy, one of the most beautiful and emotional songs, then Apocalypse Please is menacing and love the arpeggio, then Sing For Absolution is great, I used to love Tiro but I overplayed it, Hysteria is always nice to hear just like TSP and I almost didn't miss any other song.

In my opinion Abso is the 2nd best Muse album.

I stopped reading at Hoodoo. Also lol at you trying to pass "Abso is better than BH&R" as an objective fact.

I stopped reading at Hoodoo. Also lol at you trying to pass "Abso is better than BH&R" as an objective fact.

"In my opinion Abso is the 2nd best Muse album."

Too bad you stopped reading. Also on every matter you think you are always right. And stating things like this record is better mastered than that, however the mix is slightly worse on that, etc. is a bit pretentious. Or maybe you are a professional producer, in that case sorry.

Do I have to be a professional producer to say that I don't like how an album is mixed or mastered? lol.

And I already explained why I think what I think. I don't think I'm right or wrong about this, because there's no right or wrong. I just like BH&R, most of the songs on it and its mood more than I like Abso, most of the songs on it and its mood.

It's ok. Just surprising because you are usually very critical in every subject and it's surprising to hear from you that Black Holes is better then Abso.

Well, I adore the best tracks on it [songs like TaB, Supermassive, Map, Assassin (yes, even in the butchered version) and the western trio] so much that the mediocre one (Starlight) and the average/decent ones (Invincible and Exo-Politics) don't ruin it at all.

I wouldn't care if any of the songs from T2L didn't make it over to the next tour, well, that's what I'd actually prefer.

Aside from Liquid State and Animals, I agree. Okay maybe Supremacy too. And IS since they don't technically play it. But I guess the first two I mentioned are the only ones where I'd be a bit disappointed if they weren't played.