BH&R is better than Absolution

There's not one song from BH&R that I actively dislike, but there are maybe one or two from Absolution which I think are below average.

Having said that I still prefer Absolution because I feel that the great songs on that album are some of Muse's best (Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Ruled By Secrecy for example).

Muse have never nailed Cave live and it is one of the few songs that sound a million times better on record.

2000/2001 performances were too sporadic and messy. There were way too many times when Matt played random improvised shit on the guitar instead of the actual riffs.

2009/2010 performances were even way worse though. They seem way too calm and lacking energy. Also they sound like a cover band playing the song rather than how they actually sound on the album. At first when I heard I was like...oh yes the outro actually played on piano live will be awesome! But then when it is supposed to reach the climax and the guitar comes in on the studio album it kinda just fizzles away live. Also I still don't understand why the B&H solo is in there...:LOL:

Sunburn is a piano song so the live piano arrangement is cool. Cave is a guitar song that just happens to have piano in it so the piano version made absolutely no sense.

With Morgan being on piano, Matt being on guitar, and Muse not doing as many sloppy live performances Cave could actually be the amazing live song it deserves though.

I admit, it comes down to how you rate the albums individually but I think that TR is criminally underrated. When you look at the track list none of the songs are truly terrible, while MKU, Uprising and US are actually really good.

None of the songs are truly terrible, MKU and Exo are great, but the album in general is quite dull and lacks energy.

I admit, it comes down to how you rate the albums individually but I think that TR is criminally underrated. When you look at the track list none of the songs are truly terrible, while MKU, Uprising and US are actually really good.

I agree. I think people rag on TR because they like to rag on Guiding Light and, wrongly, Undisclosed Desires.

None of the songs are truly terrible, MKU and Exo are great, but the album in general is quite dull and lacks energy.

Well I agree with that, but is that not a problem with the production rather than the album itself? MKU and US seem awesome live, while Uprising and United States were awesome live, even Resistance isn't as bad as people make out.

The problem with TR is the first five tracks, which range from being average/boring to just shit (with the exception of UD, which is decent). After that, it's really good.

I know it all comes down to opinion but even then I don't think the first give are particularly bad.

1) Uprising - good

2) Resistance - fairly good

3) Undisclosed - good

4) USoE - good

5) Guiding Light - Shit, obviously.

If you compare those five with songs from previous albums, I don't think you can claim that they're much worse (or average, which I think is an exaggeration) than five from a previous album with the exception of OoS.

My personal rating would be: OoS, BHaR, Abso/TR, Showbiz - but I don't think that the distinction between OoS, BHaR, Abso/TR is as big as people imply.

so USoE is average/boring... oookay.

It's just never really clicked with me. I don't think it's bad, it just falls into the 'meh' category.

1) Uprising - good

Uprising's great live but I think the production ruins it a bit on the record. It just sounds really empty and bland. All down to opinion though obviously, like you said.

Edited by Jobby

Guiding Light is crap. US and Uprising are pretty entertaining. USoE and Resistance are meh. UD, Mk Ultra, Exo and IBTY are good, but neither is as good as SS, Hysteria, B&H, or RBS. Neither are they as good as CoD, Hoodoo, MoTP, SMBH or TaB.

Well I agree with that, but is that not a problem with the production rather than the album itself? MKU and US seem awesome live, while Uprising and United States were awesome live, even Resistance isn't as bad as people make out.

How is not the production part of the album itself?

Anyway I like TR, the only bad song is Guiding Light. It's still a good album. And it's better than Showbiz (come at me bros :cool:)