I'm not the biggest fan of Stockholm Syndrome. That's not to say I don't like it, I love it. Just not as much as some people on here seem to. Anyways, I thought the performance on the Wembley DVD was immense. One of their best live performances of any track i've ever seen.

Because lots of people do like it. :erm:

i find it very hard to like really.. so do most of the people i've asked about it.. it just struck me that i'd never considered it was actually very popular :LOL:

Also whatever Muse put on that CD it would have sold immensely due to their popularity...

that's true.. i spose i did only pre order it because at the time i wasn't it expecting to find it that dissapointing, i was still muse obsessed..

I'm not the biggest fan of Stockholm Syndrome. That's not to say I don't like it, I love it. Just not as much as some people on here seem to. Anyways, I thought the performance on the Wembley DVD was immense. One of their best live performances of any track i've ever seen.

I quite like Stockholm Syndrome but the HAARP performance is one of the worst IMO.

i really REALLY don't understand how TR sold so many copies, i mean i know it's extra poppy but it's just... not that good, how could so many people actually like it enough to not just download it illegally..

Because people like it? Don't act so aghast.

My friend's boyfriend thinks SMBH sounds extremely similar to Bodysnatchers.

Yeah, we don't get along.:LOL:

I can kinda see where they could get that from.

Bodysnatchers is by far the better song though.

I can kinda see where they could get that from.

Bodysnatchers is by far the better song though.

Yeah, they both have heavily distorted guitar.

Apart from that, though...

But yes. Bodysnatchers is better.

The Resistance may have sold loads because:

a) It was the first Muse album for three years, and Muse are huge having sold out Wembley Stadium twice in 2007 and headlined every major UK festival

b) Initially most people on here absolutely loved the album when it first came out, and possibly told people who were unsure on it that it was infact brilliant, thus spreading the buying. Once the album hype died down and people went off it, it doesn't matter because it had already sold

c) Some people really liked Uprising and so got the album expecting to get another 10 similar songs

d) Some people may really like the other 2 singles so bought the album instead of the singles

e) Guiding Light at Glasto was so amazing people just had to buy the album as it wasn't a single and that was the glimpse of Muse they got that they aren't exposed to on the radio

Nude FTW!

Hell yes!

:happy:

a) It was the first Muse album for three years, and Muse are huge having sold out Wembley Stadium twice in 2007 and headlined every major UK festival

b) Initially most people on here absolutely loved the album when it first came out, and possibly told people who were unsure on it that it was infact brilliant, thus spreading the buying. Once the album hype died down and people went off it, it doesn't matter because it had already sold

c) Some people really liked Uprising and so got the album expecting to get another 10 similar songs

d) Some people may really like the other 2 singles so bought the album instead of the singles

e) Guiding Light at Glasto was so amazing people just had to buy the album as it wasn't a single and that was the glimpse of Muse they got that they aren't exposed to on the radio

b) I initially thought that it was possibly their best album. I still like it, but nowhere near that much. My opinion of it is a lot more...balanced now.

:happy:

b) I initially thought that it was possibly their best album. I still like it, but my opinion of it is a lot more...balanced now.

Yeah, I don't like it that much now, some stuff is good but the hype wore off me. But I can't go back and 'un-buy' it so it still counts in their overall sales. Oasis' third album was hugely successful but is unanimously agreed to be shit by everyone, Oasis fans and Oasis haters :LOL:

Guiding Light was actually pretty awesome because he did the falsetto! woot! :D:p

'I'm sure everyone would love to hear Starlight and Resistance. They're our singles! No one cares about Fury or Showbiz, no one knows those songs.'

:facepalm: Their way of thinking displeases me. Why would we want to hear the songs that we've already heard over a thousand times, the ones they've played at every gig since the songs' release date? :noey: BRING ON FURY AND SHOWBIZ :fear:

:facepalm: Their way of thinking displeases me. Why would we want to hear the songs that we've already heard over a thousand times, the ones they've played at every gig since the songs' release date? :noey: BRING ON FURY AND SHOWBIZ :fear:

Every other band I've liked at least mixes up the setlist every now and then. And, you know, pay attention to their fans.

I'm very turned off by Muse atm.