Glasto '04 is really overrated.

Not to say that it wasn't a great, legendary gig for the band, because it was. But, like I've said before, Muse from '98-'04ish had some really questionable factors in their performances, mostly things with tempo and mic distortion choices. It was a great gig, and a big piece of Muse "history" and something that has obviously shaped them as musicians today, but you can compare some of the stuff from '04 and '10, and see how much they've grown as a band and as individual musicians. As far as musicanship itself goes, 2010 was a better gig. Say what you will about the setlist, but the '04 setlist was essentially the same idea. The big singles, a lot of Absolution (newest album release) stuff, and a one or two "rarities" at the time. Same can be said for 2010, except bring it into the Resistance era.

Take out Stockholm Syndrome and the following riffage/destruction and Glasto '04 doesn't seem as great.

I kind of agree really. Set list is essentially the same idea.

I thought PiB has really sounded superb recently, something about the opening riff is more "atmospheric" and bigger in scale. So PiB '10 definitely better.

SS '04 maybe wasn't musically as good but had mindblowing energy and passion.

CE '10 for me, their recent performances of it have nailed it every time.

I disagree with the tempo comment though - I've been quite vocal in saying that their early gigs had the wrong tempo (too fast, made some of the songs feel a bit artificial and rushed), but I thought 2004 was the year they started to get it right.

Oh, and I reckon that the drumming this year has been the best it has ever been.

I think that no one would argue that Glastonbury 2004 was an important event for the band, much more so than 2010. But personally I feel that Muse have so much more variety to their sound now that the 2004 gig to me comes off as somewhat monochromatic and samey in comparison. Not that it wasn't great, just much more limited IMO.

Not sure if this is controversial but i think people need to stop complaining about setlists and performances. I've seen many people saying things like "gonna sell my ticket for wembley if it will be anything like glasto". Which i think is stupid. After every gig you get hundreds of people on this forum complaining when they weren't even present at the gig. Muse are muse, they put on a show for us. They could just walk on play their songs and walk off but they don't, they put effort in and plan these things for months for their fans, i just think people need to lay off a bit.

I've seen many people saying things like "gonna sell my ticket for wembley if it will be anything like glasto". Which i think is stupid.

Actually if that were me feeling disappointed with their performance over and over again then I would sell my ticket.

Why pay all that money in travel/hotel/food etc when there's a pretty good chance you're not going to enjoy the gig? Selling the ticket, if a GA ticket at least, would be no problem.

Glastonbury was a great concert,however it is far from being one of their best concerts.

Feeling Good was a terrible waste of setlist space,could have played a more epic piano song at Glasto 10.

Regarding Glastonbury...

Hysteria 2010>Hysteria 2004

New Born 2010>New Born 2004

PiB 2010>PiB 2004

Citizen Erased are about equal I think.

SS 2004>SS 2010 however...

Hysteria 04>Hysteria 10

New Born 04>New Born 10

TIRO 10>TIRO 04

CE 10>CE 04

SS 04>KOC 10

Glastonbury was a great concert,however it is far from being one of their best concerts.

Feeling Good was a terrible waste of setlist space,could have played a more epic piano song at Glasto 10.

Hysteria 04>Hysteria 10

New Born 04>New Born 10

TIRO 10>TIRO 04

CE 10>CE 04

SS 04>KOC 10

Why would you compare SS and KoC? It's like comparing apples and oranges. :indiff:

CE '04>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CE '10

it's really lacking the energy it used to have and the awful mix didn't help (why were the synths so loud)

I liked the loud synths, they helped with the wall-of-noise effect during the bridge that I adore on the studio version.

I think im going to say Glaso '10 is better than '04. The sound quality is WAY better and the energy seemed ridiculous from all the videos I saw. CE, Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, and Knights of Cydonia were all BEASTS that night. Looked incredible.

I think PiB and TiRO were better this year, but SS was smiles better in 04.

I also think they pulled off NB and CE better in 04, Matt's voice just worked better for those songs closer to their release date.

I honestly don't know which one I prefer. I think I'll need this year's on DVD to be able to judge it better.

I liked the loud synths, they helped with the wall-of-noise effect during the bridge that I adore on the studio version.

It wasn't a wall of noise - the synths overpowered everything else instead of merging with the guitars to form that effect

My opinions have nothing to do with Glasto, sorry to say...hope nobody minds the derail...:$

1) I don't think Take a Bow is that good.

2) It's okay that Muse made a bad album--if you consider TR to be a "bad album".

Musicians make bad albums. Epic, legendary musicians have made "bad" albums and they are no less epic or legendary for having made them. Muse is no exception to this. They're not infallible or untouchable, they just happened to put together an album that missed the mark with some fans...and that's okay. The fact that TR isn't universally embraced doesn't mean that the end is nigh. It just means Muse will have more critics to answer with album number six.

3) Oh, and going back a few pages about :dom: and his drumming...he's not John Bonham, Keith Moon, Neil Peart, or Ginger Baker...but he more than gets the job done and Muse wouldn't be Muse without him.