I can hear:

Guiding Light drums

Resistance (love is forever/our resistance)

Starlight is a bit like the chorus

Knights of Cydonia drumming when it kicks in

Guitar sounds a bit like Take A Bow's just before it kicks in

Unnatural Selection with the 'ocean' bit

A United States of Eurasia Queen-style bit nearer the end

I Belong To You at the end

Bliss synths but higher pitch in the backgroud at some point

More than 4 songs then :p I agree though. It's mind boggling

I used to be one of those Twilight haters who couldn't stand those annoying fangirls, and the fact they only liked Muse because their songs were featured on Twilight.

Now after witnessing all the endless moaning about NSC. I'm starting to side more with the average Twilight fangirl, rather than the disgruntled hardcore Muse fan who expects every single Muse song to sound like an Origin of Symmetry song, and can't stop bitching when a new song comes along and it's not another "Citizen Erased".

....oh and here's another controversial opinion with some Radiohead. KidA SUCKS! I give the guys kudos for being so ballsy on putting out something so fuckin' weird, but personally I don't get all the artsy-fartsy BS.

Edited by mr.jingles

I used to be one of those Twilight haters who couldn't stand those annoying fangirls, and the fact they only liked Muse because their songs were featured on Twilight.

Now after witnessing all the endless moaning about NSC. I'm starting to side more with the average Twilight fangirl, rather than the disgruntled hardcore Muse fan who expects every single Muse song to sound like an Origin of Symmetry song, and can't stop bitching when a new song comes along and it's not another "Citizen Erased".

I coudn't agree more!

This is so true!

Edited by Izzy

Collateral Damage is pointless.

Would've worked better as a B-side had USoE got a physical release.

It's good, don't get me wrong, a nice take on Chopin, with perhaps a polical message in the war noises, but I think it disrupts the flow of the already atrocious flow of TR. :LOL:

I challenge you to find five posts that corroborate this.

....oh and here's another controversial opinion with some Radiohead. KidA SUCKS! I give the guys kudos for being so ballsy on putting out something so fuckin' weird, but personally I don't get all the artsy-fartsy BS.

How is any way is Kid A 'weird' or more so, 'artsy-fartsy BS'? It's just Radiohead using different instruments... :erm:. The ethos of the music is basically no different to what they were already working with on OKC.

But that's another argument for another place.

My four favorites:

Sunburn > Muscle Museum > Cave > Showbiz

Those four standout. Hate This & I'll Love You, Falling Down, Escape are good tracks. Unintended and Uno are average. And Fillip, Sober, and Overdue are extremely poor.

Sunburn > Muscle Museum > Showbiz > Uno

Unintended, and Cave are not quite up to their level.

Spiral Static, Falling Down are good. HT&ILY and Escape are kind of good, but a bit average.

And agreed on the last point.

UD is one of the best songs on Resistance

:happy: (Although I overplayed it)

:LOL: What? people don't necessarily want another Citizen Erased or OOS. They want something new that's actually GOOD. It hasn't got anything to do with the past albums.

How is any way is Kid A 'weird' or more so, 'artsy-fartsy BS'? It's just Radiohead using different instruments... :erm:. The ethos of the music is basically no different to what they were already working with on OKC.

But that's another argument for another place.

Yeah, Kid A is far from "weird", might seem so if you only ever listen to what's on the radio, but what influenced that album... Kid A seems commercial in comparison.

Mr Jingles, you seem to be misunderstanding the OOS thing, people who do mention it are often just going "Muse used to be this good and now they aren't this good"

The bitching of the fans here has turned me off from Muse.

Good job.

I kinda feel like this. Not to such an extreme extent, but some fans make me feel embarassed to count myself as one of them.

Mr Jingles, you seem to be misunderstanding the OOS thing, people who do mention it are often just going "Muse used to be this good and now they aren't this good"

To be fair, in the last few days, people have actually been asking for OoS 2 in the album six threads.