probably, but im not sure that theyre to blame, as Warner are more likely to be the ones who want them to be making more money. they might be better if they found a more low-key record label, or even started their own.

That's conceivable. I think they're stuck with Warner for the time being, but as they self-produced The Resistance, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if they started their own label.

That's conceivable. I think they're stuck with Warner for the time being, but as they self-produced The Resistance, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if they started their own label.

Muse have always had very canny management. When they were with Taste, the management arranged them to have individual labels for each territory so they'd get labels who loved them pushing them as much as they can. They've also been very savvy in getting Muse on adverts and also being available for TV use (I've lost count of the times I've heard Muse trailing a TV programme). If their managers thought going indie was a good idea, they'd do it.

Yeah I agree, it is more to do with Warner, but it doesn't look like Muse are shying away from the glitz and glamour of teen pop. I'm not discrediting them, but they're not my thing anymore, and I'm tired of defending everything they do :(

Clearly, there is no such thing as 'enough money'. But at least all the moolah coming in has really inspired Muse to write songs that sound completely fresh and exciting. They will never stop to change and evolve! Of course they are not completely flawless, but any bad songwriting or questionable exposure is surely all down to Warner Music Group.

Clearly, there is no such thing as 'enough money'. But at least all the moolah coming in has really inspired Muse to write songs that sound completely fresh and exciting. They will never stop to change and evolve! Of course they are not completely flawless, but any bad songwriting or questionable exposure is surely all down to Warner Music Group.

Is this sarcasm? I really hope so. :unsure:

EDIT: yes, it HAS to be :)

Edited by Tjet

Citizen Erased isn't "Citizen Overrated". It's popular for a reason.

Here we go again :chuckle: It is also viewed by many as overrated for various reasons though, it is all down to tastes! Same can be said for Bliss or any other popular song :chuckle:

Anyways, Neutron Star Collision is a poor parody of Muse's pop side.

Guest xoxoxo

Fresh and exciting? I don't think so. It's overproduced crap, but that is just personal opinion. Christ I hate Muse.

I dunno, Muse don't need a five year break, just a little break to think things through, like

Do we want to transition into mainstream styles?

Do we want to keep to our roots but expand our limits?

Or do we do something completely different from all four albums?

Matt Bellamy is talented but he is also human and NSC has shown he has made a poor song even poorer than Invincible and Guiding Light but it's just a slip up, no need to panic, and anyway I don't view CE as their best but not their worst, when I first listened to OoS all the way through I thought this and the last few songs on it were dragging on a bit.

i don't think this is controversial, but i find myself as one of the few ppl who actually like (and talk about) their "house of the rising sun" cover. just saying.

carry on.

You've got taste in music!;) I like the HOTRS cover as well, actually the Muse version is the only one I like.

My controversial opinion is that Muse are running on empty and should either call it a day or take an extended break before the next album to recharge fully.

i agree, pains me to say it but i can't even tell if they have it in them to make another good album.. but i dont want them to stop so.. just a break :yesey:

i agree, pains me to say it but i can't even tell if they have it in them to make another good album.. but i dont want them to stop so.. just a break :yesey:

This. I was listening to NSC, and I realised that I don't really like Muse any more, at least not like I used to. It makes me sad.