What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)

• Spiral Static
    • Sunburn
    • Showbiz
    • Escape
    • Bliss
    • Citizen Erased
    • Fury
    • Sing for Absolution
    • B&H
    • Take a Bow
    • I Belong to You
    • Neutron Star Collision

Speaking of this... Can I load my shit into your car at some point during the day? Since I don't want to have to bring it all back to the hotel and all. We can do food runs in your car, too! :D

Yeah no problem! I'll either have my Jeep or my dad's Jeep (mine has a chirping brake, hopefully they can fix that for me Wednesday; I have too many projects to do it myself) so either way there'll be plenty of space to stow stuff. Since I'm at the Marriott now I'll probably leave the car in that parking lot while we queue, because it'll be so close ... and yes it'll be available for food runs!:D

Can I add a write in vote for Easily? :)

Also, for any of you out there who have gone to 100 shows, this is my first one and alas I'll be driving from RI that day, so an early am wait is not possible. I know its not an exact science, but can anyone give me an idea of what time I need to get there by to get kinda close to the stage?

Thanks!

What is wrong with you people why do you want to spend an entire morning and day sitting in front of a stadium in the cold when you might not even have to if the venue gives out wristbands that hold your place in line

Well, first to all... nothing is wrong with us.. You could ask the same question without that kind of "introduction"

Anyways.. i've been looking forward to this week for MONTHS, literally MONTHS. and after all this time talking to the same people over and over again, i want to see them, talk to them face to face... have a good time, you know?

Nobody is asking you to do the same, so feel free to come at 9pm if you want :D

but don't question the ones who want to be there early.

Just saying.

Sorry, refresh my memory, at what gate did they say we should line up?

16 :awesome:

oh my.. i'm so excited for this... so so sooo excited! i got my new camera and she's reaaaadyy to take tons of pictures of Matthurrplz.png

Can I add a write in vote for Easily? :)

Also, for any of you out there who have gone to 100 shows, this is my first one and alas I'll be driving from RI that day, so an early am wait is not possible. I know its not an exact science, but can anyone give me an idea of what time I need to get there by to get kinda close to the stage?

Thanks!

Between noon and 2pm should get you a decent spot, if not a barrier spot still. ;)

I have tickets for this show. However, between the time i bought the tickets and the present, my friend forgot what show she agreed to go to (I asked her if everything was still good for the show and she said, 'aren't we going to newark on the 24th?').

She has to work on the 23rd until 3 (in Jersey near the shore). I'm in Philly and i don't want her to have to drive out to get me, so I'm going to try to get to nassau on public transportation (i don't drive). So I'll have to take the northeast corridor line to Penn station and then... it looks like 2+ hours of public transportation from there? Anyone have guidance on the easiest/fastest way to get there via pub trans?

Don't even think about hopping in a cab from Manhattan to the venue; it'll cost you $75-$100 easy, and traffic in Queens/Long Island can be a BITCH on weekends. Do it if you have 3 or 4 people going together and willing to split the cost. What I would do is take either the E train from Penn Station or the F train from 34th Street / Herald Square all the way to the last stop in Queens (Jamaica-179 Street). Get out and take the N6L Long Island bus from 179th St station to Hempstead Terminal. From Hempstead Terminal take the N70, N71 or N72 bus to Hempstead Turnpike, which runs right along the venue. Sure, it requires a lot of transfers, but it's easy and a hell of a lot cheaper than cabbing it. I haven't ever taken this route, but if I've learned one thing after living in NYC all these years it is that it's very simple to get anywhere you need to go and there are tons of ways to get there. Good luck, and see you there.

NYC MTA Subway/Bus maps, guides and more

http://www.mta.info/maps/

MTA Long Island Bus maps, guides and more

http://www.mta.info/libus/

Hopstop.com is your friend (enter your starting address or intersection in NYC and then the destination -- 1255 Hempstead Turnpike, Hempstead NY 11553 -- and you'll get step-by-step directions)

http://www.hopstop.com/

Nassau Colisseum public transportation guide

http://nassaucoliseum.com/publictranspo.htm

I am reposting this wonderful bit of information by Bailey for everyone taking public transportation to the gig.

Maybe someone can edit their posts on the first page and post it there as well so it's easy to find.

I am reposting this wonderful bit of information by Bailey for everyone taking public transportation to the gig.

Maybe someone can edit their posts on the first page and post it there as well so it's easy to find.

thanks for that, snarkycat. very helpful, indeed :)

Thanks for the info agenthal! I should be able to get there for around then. Here's to hoping the traffic isn't too bad heading in... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Now I just have to figure out how not to need to use the bathroom for 10 hours :p

Thanks for the info agenthal! I should be able to get there for around then. Here's to hoping the traffic isn't too bad heading in... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Now I just have to figure out how not to need to use the bathroom for 10 hours :p

you could just stop with the liquids at 2pm and maybe make your last bathroom trip around 3 or 4?

That worked for me last time :happy:

Just wanted to add that my car is available for storage and food runs as well, though it is a shoebox on wheels, so I'm not too sure how much storage it can handle. :LOL:

Getting sooo close guys! I may have jumped on this wagon a little late, but I am super excited. :D

Just wanted to add that my car is available for storage and food runs as well, though it is a shoebox on wheels, so I'm not too sure how much storage it can handle. :LOL:

Getting sooo close guys! I may have jumped on this wagon a little late, but I am super excited. :D

Same. I'm driving my car too and hoping there's a nearby McDonalds or Burger King or something. Would be happy to make a run there. Mostly so I don't feel like such a fatass for eating McDonalds :LOL:

Gate 16 :)

Thanks!:D

Well now I'm pissed ... my Jeep is fucked now and my other car I already took half the rear axle carrier off and can't fix it in time ... so if I can't get the Jeep fixed (basically I realized it's overdue for inspection, which it won't pass without a $1,300 repair because Chrysler sucks), I have to take my dad's Jeep. Guess I shouldn't complain, I'm glad I still have a way to get there, but I'm not thrilled at roadtripping in a car that's not mine.:( Oh well. Such is life. It's like nothing can ever work out. And I have NO time to sort things out because I have a fucking backwards job that beats the shit out of me. So stressed now ... I just want to be there, but I have a million things to do in the next three days.

Well now I'm pissed ... my Jeep is fucked now and my other car I already took half the rear axle carrier off and can't fix it in time ... so if I can't get the Jeep fixed (basically I realized it's overdue for inspection, which it won't pass without a $1,300 repair because Chrysler sucks), I have to take my dad's Jeep. Guess I shouldn't complain, I'm glad I still have a way to get there, but I'm not thrilled at roadtripping in a car that's not mine.:( Oh well. Such is life. It's like nothing can ever work out. And I have NO time to sort things out because I have a fucking backwards job that beats the shit out of me. So stressed now ... I just want to be there, but I have a million things to do in the next three days.

Just keep thinking "Muse this weekend...Muse this weekend...Muse this weekend..." that's what's been getting me through the past week.

I'm going Muse free starting tomorrow...this is gonna be a tough week.

McDonalds .4 miles away according to google maps :D

:dance: Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Thanks!:D

Argh! That sucks! I'm feeling for you. But, at least you can make it. :)

:stunned:why?

Figured if I deprive myself of their music for the week, I'd appreciate the gig that much more come Saturday. This is not going to be easy. I don't think I've ever gone more than a day or two of not listening to Muse. I'll be shivering with withdrawal come Thursday :LOL:

Archived