What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)

• Spiral Static
    • Sunburn
    • Showbiz
    • Escape
    • Bliss
    • Citizen Erased
    • Fury
    • Sing for Absolution
    • B&H
    • Take a Bow
    • I Belong to You
    • Neutron Star Collision

Why would Newsday even print that? It's so weird and random. My gut says to call bs but it sounds like they've done this before.

I shan't be looking at it. I don't feel the need to know the exact songs and their order before the gig. So if you do post about it, spoiler tags please.

Here's a link to the article....gotta love the title "'Twilight' inspiration Muse plays Nassau Coliseum" :facepalm:

You can't read the full article unless you're a newsday subscriber or a optimum subscriber. And I'm neither :(

Maybe copy and paste the full article in a spoiler?

You can't read the full article unless you're a newsday subscriber or a optimum subscriber. And I'm neither :(

Maybe copy and paste the full article in a spoiler?

Sorry, wasn't aware of that.

warning: setlist spoiler below

This was the year Muse finally grew into its sound.

The Britpop trio of singer-guitarist Matthew Bellamy, drummer Dominic Howard and bassist Chris Wolstenholme has always sounded "supermassive," specializing in stadium-ready anthems, including the recent record-breaking alternative rock No. 1 single "Uprising," with chiming guitar riffs and echoing drums. Now, in the midst of an American tour, which stops at Nassau Coliseum on Saturday, and with award nominations from MTV and the American Music Awards, Muse is playing arenas big enough to suit its music with a massive stage spectacle to match.

"We love big shows," says drummer Howard, calling from a tour stop in Los Angeles. "We've spent the summer playing stadiums for 70,000 to 80,000 people, and it was mind-blowing. The crowds were so loud and so up for it that it was overwhelming. Even for the spectator, being in that kind of environment, listening to music that you love with 70,000 other people, it's just crazy. It's like a football match."

Your music must work well in that kind of setting.

Our music is definitely quite large. The way it's presented and the kind of songs that we write are definitely kind of ambitious, so it suits those kind of venues. It suits the production that we do. There's lots of video stuff that happens during the show - all those artistic elements add to the music, back up the music in some way. I think our music could suit any place, but it definitely works in the big places.

The guitar riff from "Plug in Baby" was recently named the best guitar riff of the 21st Century , and NME voted your version of "Feeling Good" the best cover song ever. How do those accolades feel?

It's amazing. It still takes me aback, thinking about what we've achieved over the last 10 years. It's shocking to think that you might be influencing other musicians in that kind of way. It humbles you. We've played "Plug in Baby" at every gig for the last 10 years or so and it's definitely an important song for us. It's also the one song where Matt can play the guitar behind his head.

Is there anything that's too big for a Muse show?

We wanted to fly some massive zeppelin over the audience at Coachella. But when you're flying anything over that big a crowd, there's a lot of red tape, so that never came out. We've gotten away with pretty much everything else, though.

WHO: Muse

WHEN | WHERE: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nassau Coliseum, 1255 Hempstead Tpke., Uniondale

INFO: $53.50-$76.55; 800-745-3000, ticketmaster.com

SET LIST

"Uprising"

"Map of the Problematique"

"New Born"

"Supermassive Black Hole"

"Resistance"

"Hysteria"

"Nishe"

"United States of Eurasia"

"Ruled by Secrecy"

"Undisclosed Desires"

"Time Is Running Out"

"Starlight"

"Plug In Baby"

"Exogenesis Part 1"

"Stockholm Syndrome"

"Knights of Cydonia"

'Twilight' author acknowledges band's influence

Stephenie Meyer, author of the "Twilight" saga, makes no secret about it: Muse is her muse.

In the acknowledgments of "New Moon," she writes that "there are emotions, scenes, and plot threads in this novel that were born from Muse songs and would not exist without their genius."

In "Eclipse," she acknowledges, "I am in your debt, rock gods of Muse, for yet another inspiring album. Thank you for continuing to create my favorite writing music."

For "Breaking Dawn," the final book in the series, Meyer moved Muse up to the dedication, writing, "Thanks also to my favorite band, the very aptly named Muse, for providing a saga's worth of inspiration."

However, it's the use of Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole" in the famous vampire baseball scene in "Twilight" that cemented the link between the band and millions of Twihards.

Sorry, wasn't aware of that.

warning: setlist spoiler below

This was the year Muse finally grew into its sound.

The Britpop trio of singer-guitarist Matthew Bellamy, drummer Dominic Howard and bassist Chris Wolstenholme has always sounded "supermassive," specializing in stadium-ready anthems, including the recent record-breaking alternative rock No. 1 single "Uprising," with chiming guitar riffs and echoing drums. Now, in the midst of an American tour, which stops at Nassau Coliseum on Saturday, and with award nominations from MTV and the American Music Awards, Muse is playing arenas big enough to suit its music with a massive stage spectacle to match.

"We love big shows," says drummer Howard, calling from a tour stop in Los Angeles. "We've spent the summer playing stadiums for 70,000 to 80,000 people, and it was mind-blowing. The crowds were so loud and so up for it that it was overwhelming. Even for the spectator, being in that kind of environment, listening to music that you love with 70,000 other people, it's just crazy. It's like a football match."

Your music must work well in that kind of setting.

Our music is definitely quite large. The way it's presented and the kind of songs that we write are definitely kind of ambitious, so it suits those kind of venues. It suits the production that we do. There's lots of video stuff that happens during the show - all those artistic elements add to the music, back up the music in some way. I think our music could suit any place, but it definitely works in the big places.

The guitar riff from "Plug in Baby" was recently named the best guitar riff of the 21st Century , and NME voted your version of "Feeling Good" the best cover song ever. How do those accolades feel?

It's amazing. It still takes me aback, thinking about what we've achieved over the last 10 years. It's shocking to think that you might be influencing other musicians in that kind of way. It humbles you. We've played "Plug in Baby" at every gig for the last 10 years or so and it's definitely an important song for us. It's also the one song where Matt can play the guitar behind his head.

Is there anything that's too big for a Muse show?

We wanted to fly some massive zeppelin over the audience at Coachella. But when you're flying anything over that big a crowd, there's a lot of red tape, so that never came out. We've gotten away with pretty much everything else, though.

WHO: Muse

WHEN | WHERE: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nassau Coliseum, 1255 Hempstead Tpke., Uniondale

INFO: $53.50-$76.55; 800-745-3000, ticketmaster.com

SET LIST

"Uprising"

"Map of the Problematique"

"New Born"

"Supermassive Black Hole"

"Resistance"

"Hysteria"

"Nishe"

"United States of Eurasia"

"Ruled by Secrecy"

"Undisclosed Desires"

"Time Is Running Out"

"Starlight"

"Plug In Baby"

"Exogenesis Part 1"

"Stockholm Syndrome"

"Knights of Cydonia"

'Twilight' author acknowledges band's influence

Stephenie Meyer, author of the "Twilight" saga, makes no secret about it: Muse is her muse.

In the acknowledgments of "New Moon," she writes that "there are emotions, scenes, and plot threads in this novel that were born from Muse songs and would not exist without their genius."

In "Eclipse," she acknowledges, "I am in your debt, rock gods of Muse, for yet another inspiring album. Thank you for continuing to create my favorite writing music."

For "Breaking Dawn," the final book in the series, Meyer moved Muse up to the dedication, writing, "Thanks also to my favorite band, the very aptly named Muse, for providing a saga's worth of inspiration."

However, it's the use of Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole" in the famous vampire baseball scene in "Twilight" that cemented the link between the band and millions of Twihards.

Don't really buy it. I think that they just predicted it based on the last couple weeks. And didn't even see last nights

:facepalm: Like I wasn't going to click that spoiler, yeah OK. :(

The article was published a week ago, on Oct. 15. My feeling is they just copied and pasted the set list from the latest available show, which was in Columbus on Oct. 12:

http://musewiki.org/Columbus_Schottenstein_Center_2010_%28gig%29

HELL NO WE'RE NOT GETTING A 15-SONG SET!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I dont think they would drop a song from Quebec to NYC

yeah, you're probably right. i'd be surprised if they left that one song out, actually...it's been a staple in the setlist, for one reason or another

anyhow, enough with the spoilers. What time do you lot think metric would be starting? I'm planning to get there at 7:30 (I have seated tickets)...wasn't sure if it would be any earlier than that?

Tickets say 7:30 right? That's what time Metric will go on. I'd get there a bit earlier as traffic is a bitch right before showtime

yeah, they do - and that makes sense, thanks. I was planning to leave about 6:45 (live near great neck), but maybe it might be better to leave earlier

I wrote the author and asked him to explain himself. Here's what he said:

Hi Linden,

Thanks for writing. The set list is what they played at their L.A. shows... Sorry about ruining the surprise, but maybe it will change. We usually run set lists now because most people say they like them, you're the first to say you wouldn't want to know and I'm gonna pass that on to my bosses. (I'm actually with you on wanting to be surprised by the sets.) Hope you enjoy the show.

Best,

Glenn

Look for these stickers to help boardies recognize each other!

[spoiler=LI Muser ID stickers]5104314574_79d35b637a.jpg

Nice name tags. You may have already caught this, but the date says 10/24 instead of 10/23.

:eek::shifty:

Yes. It would be nice to get some rarity but I don't much care about the setlist otherwise.

I don't know how I'm going to concentrate at work today. I'm sooo excited!!

Are you taking the bus or train down tomorrow morning? I'm driving but won't be leaving MA until about 10:30.

I refuse to click on the spoilers :phu: I hope I can resist all temptation till tomorrow :(

I doubt I'll be surprised by the setlist, but I'm staying spoiler free. If someone can post the article minus the setlist I would appreciate it. :)

Just think, in just over 24 hours the doors will open! :awesome:

A question to anyone else whos attended the fall US tour, does the merch table accept credit/debit cards or is it cash only?

I've used credit cards and cash in the past, so image debit cards would be accepted.

Are you taking the bus or train down tomorrow morning? I'm driving but won't be leaving MA until about 10:30.

I doubt I'll be surprised by the setlist, but I'm staying spoiler free. If someone can post the article minus the setlist I would appreciate it. :)

I've used credit cards and cash in the past, so image debit cards would be accepted.

I'm taking the bus in the morning. I'm half worried that i wont be able to get up in time to catch it :erm:

Have a safe drive tomorrow :)

I don't expect any setlist surprises either. But if there's FG, it's still a surprise right? ;)

I cannot wait till it's tomorrow!! The weather is supposed to be beautiful :awesome:

I'm at my hotel after a day of driving mayhem, oh man. A series of bad choices and a check-engine light on my Jeep. But all's ok and I'm super pumped for tomorrow. A bit lonely noow as I semm to be the only one not going to manhattan, LOL. See you soon Musers!

Archived