In a way I wish I didn't read this thread until much later as I was flying high happy after the gig --seeing everything here really soured my perception. In the end - selfishly - I have to focus on how I felt about the gig - if others didn't enjoy it that's really too bad :( If the band, themselves, didn't enjoy as much as usual, well, I did regardless. As I said pages earlier they hardly phoned it in. I'm now a little "mused-out" from all the gigs and will now get to sit back and watch everyone else bitch, complain, whine, fret, grumble and be generally ticked off with Muse's gigs for the rest of the year :LOL:

You should know better than to come to the moan zone! :LOL: There should be an Enter at your own risk warning.

I have never been a moaner on here but I guess I did moan after Tues. night. I think it was you who said you WILL see Bliss live even when the boys are in their 50s. I'll join you then!

That riff they do after Stockholm Syndrome was so bad ass. They just kept going and going.

I made some videos of the riffs following Stockholm and Helsinki and the Deftones.

thx for posting....your picture and sound quality is superb....:D

hope you enjoyed it..sounds like it wasnt their best for some people :(

I was there and no matter what, I'll keep seeing them. And when they play bliss, you'll know I'm there when my head explodes!

Next time in Cali I'll be there Muse!

Unexpectedly hearing matt play those first couple of notes on his guitar is really a great moment, I hope you get to hear it soon! :D

About the pic with the blanked out seats... they must just not have put those sections on sale for whatever reason. It can't just be that they didn't sell, because once the lower tier near the stage sold out, people would start looking for seats in the upper tier closest the stage and buy those instead - especially on Matt's side. So, even if they sold very poorly, they'd have had to cancel and replace what few tickets in those sections they may have sold in order to completely block the section off like that... if you get what I mean.

Very close to where I was at in section 120! I watched everything from where I was at too

:LOL: missed that :p I did see a lot of action in GA

the band seemed pretty darn active considering the heat... poor Dom was putting in extra (which I appreciated -from afar - I doubt he heard me yell "Dom!" near the end of the gig! :LOL: )

I was starting to crave water and fresh air 2/3rd through

so many people seemed to be having a fantastic time (though a few left during USoE and FG for beer ;) )

and yeah, we know Muse can do "extreme epic" and hope it happens every time. A lot goes into a show and a lot potentially can "de-epic-ize" (new term? :p ) the experience. A lot of moving parts as it were.

In a way I wish I didn't read this thread until much later as I was flying high happy after the gig --seeing everything here really soured my perception. In the end - selfishly - I have to focus on how I felt about the gig - if others didn't enjoy it that's really too bad :( If the band, themselves, didn't enjoy as much as usual, well, I did regardless. As I said pages earlier they hardly phoned it in. I'm now a little "mused-out" from all the gigs and will now get to sit back and watch everyone else bitch, complain, whine, fret, grumble and be generally ticked off with Muse's gigs for the rest of the year :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:26 to go.

About the pic with the blanked out seats... they must just not have put those sections on sale for whatever reason. It can't just be that they didn't sell, because once the lower tier near the stage sold out, people would start looking for seats in the upper tier closest the stage and buy those instead - especially on Matt's side. So, even if they sold very poorly, they'd have had to cancel and replace what few tickets in those sections they may have sold in order to completely block the section off like that... if you get what I mean.

Yeah, I get whatcha mean. :) But I do recall going through Ticketmaster to see what is available for the show after the initial public sale and pulling up tix in that section. I was trying to determine how fast the sales were. It was going rather slow throughout. I wonder when they stopped selling them.

The opposite side of that section was closed off as well, and a small corner section in the back, same level as well. But the center of that section and a little bit of the left was still open:

5039666692_b49c7cdcee_z.jpg

Yeah, I get whatcha mean. :) But I do recall going through Ticketmaster to see what is available for the show after the initial public sale and pulling up tix in that section. I was trying to determine how fast the sales were. It was going rather slow throughout. I wonder when they stopped selling them.

The opposite side of that section was closed off as well, and a small corner section in the back, same level as well. But the center of that section and a little bit of the left was still open:

ah... that's interesting... you think if they only sold a few tickets after some period of time they'd boot those people and move them somewhere else so they could block off the section? :unsure: I don't know how those things work...

At the Baltimore show the 2nd tier on Matt's side wasn't full but it was open. The whole lower tier and the middle of the upper one (people facing the stage) were full... not sure about 2nd tier on Chris' side because I was seated on that side so it was over my head :$

ah... that's interesting... you think if they only sold a few tickets after some period of time they'd boot those people and move them somewhere else so they could block off the section? :unsure: I don't know how those things work...

That's what I'm thinking. I've been upgraded to better seats before, but it was with smaller venues. I guess it works the same for the big ones too?

Me: Mellow show, with the short set and lack of stage presence (as compared to normally), I got the vibe that Matt didn't want to be there.

Lee: Yeah, he really didn't, he just wanted to get in and get out. I was talking to Matt earlier and he said that he just wanted to get back to Los Angeles to spend time with his girlfriend.

Me: Girlfriend?

Lee: Kate Hudson, I guess that's still going on.

I wonder whether this will find it's way to gossip magazines. Who is this Lee you mentioned? (Sorry if you have told, I haven't read all posts).

They also have empty sections just in front of the wings on both sides, to keep people from jumping onto the wings I guess.

And all the lower level seats around the back of the stage were empty (not offered for sale) as well. From where we sat (first section where people were allowed), when Matt was on his wing, there was emptiness between him and us, and emptiness behind, like he was performing in a nightclub that's closed. It may weird him out to be up there performing to an empty section. He got off there quickly. He did stay on Chris's wing for the entire TIRO though. What's up with that? ;)

Oh, and during Helsinki Jam, the platform spinned, so they had Chris spinned around to play to the back black curtain, but quickly changed direction back. Ooops.

I guess ARCO was a big drop from the glamorous Staples. Still, it stings for us knowing what happened 48 hours before.

I don't think he said it directly... This was my conversation with him.

Me: Mellow show, with the short set and lack of stage presence (as compared to normally), I got the vibe that Matt didn't want to be there.

Lee: Yeah, he really didn't, he just wanted to get in and get out. I was talking to Matt earlier and he said that he just wanted to get back to Los Angeles to spend time with his girlfriend.

Me: Girlfriend?

Lee: Kate Hudson, I guess that's still going on.

Me: It was still a fun show, regardless.

Lee: Matt was throwing fire balls tonight, even though he wasn't all over the place, he was still playing his riffs. Back when we used to tour, the more riffs he plays and the longer he keeps going, the more into it he is.

who's lee?

They also have empty sections just in front of the wings on both sides, to keep people from jumping onto the wings I guess.

And all the lower level seats around the back of the stage were empty (not offered for sale) as well. From where we sat (first section where people were allowed), when Matt was on his wing, there is emptiness between him and us, and emptiness behind, like he was performing in a nightclub that's closed. It may weird him out to be up there performing to an empty section. He got off there quickly. He did stay on Chris's wing for the entire TIRO though. What's up with that? ;)

He probably had to because his mic was set up there. He can't use Chris' mic on the main stage, and if he'd switched back to his main mic, he and Chris would have been on the same side of the stage (I'm assuming Chris was on the wing too?) and that woulda been odd :unsure:

I had the time of my life. I have been waiting for this show for 6 months and was glad that MUSE made it to my neck of the woods. Arco is a dump and I heard the echo was terrible in there. But in my case, I was on the floor and was in AWE the whole time. I am sad that people said it was low energy, but I really expected that at a mid week show. I loved it! I am so honored to actually see them live. We got one of the flying eyeball balloons! My boyfriend was a dream the whole time and I feel like it has changed my life. I hope they come to California next year...Thankyou MUSE for comming to Sacramento!!!:D

During Uprising, i think the crowd was still waking up from Passion Shit.

*credit to the group that started chanting passion shit btw!!

:LOL: Yeah Passion Pit was not much to my liking. Very synthy, and a strange opener for a rock concert.

EDIT: Did anybody record this concert? I remember some one did for the Oakland gig and it turned out really good. Would love to hear it again. :happy:

:LOL: Yeah Passion Pit was not much to my liking. Very synthy, and a strange opener for a rock concert.

When I stopped to look around one time, pretty much everyone's faces were like :stunned:.. and I started laughing at that :chuckle:

I liked a few songs but after a while I just wanted to fast forward to Muse.

Oh and if anyone recorded it I would love them forever. Nothing beats the real thing but it still be lovely to watch again

Archived