I have no complaints about the Arco show.

I loved the fact that I could walk in at 7:30 and find great floor spots 10 feet from the stage on Matt's side. Plus, I'll definitely trade Guiding Light and MK Ultra to not drive 200 extra miles to see them in Oakland like I did in April.

The floor was definitely more into it in Oakland than here, and maybe the band notices that. My side was more into it than Chris's for some reason.

I went with a group of first-timers and they thought it was the best concert of their lives.

OK...One complaint: The purple bike patrol was a real bummer out in the parking lot before the show.

Plus, I'll definitely trade Guiding Light and MK Ultra to not drive 200 extra miles to see them in Oakland like I did in April.

I can't remember Guiding Light being played at the Oakland show this year. Or was I just not paying attention since that's a consistent problem in my life? :LOL:

He probably had to because his mic was set up there. He can't use Chris' mic on the main stage, and if he'd switched back to his main mic, he and Chris would have been on the same side of the stage (I'm assuming Chris was on the wing too?) and that woulda been odd :unsure:

Good point about the mic!

Third, I'm actually glad this show went down the way it did because now I'm not even slightly considering making the trek out to Ohio. Their sets seem to be too much of a gamble and I'm not about to drive hundreds of miles and spend a boat load of cash to see the same set (or an even shorter one) than what I saw 6 months ago.

Or go the extreme opposite and go to everything you can manage, like a lot of Cali people last week!! *dream on*

It's totally a gamble, for setlist and for energy level. Just rewatching some Oakland videos reminds me again that they can be and often are worthy of the best live band title. I am a reborn Muse addict again!

Fucking Arco! Fucking valley. :mad: It ruins everything! This is why bands don't come up to Nor Cal that often. :noey: I did see the security guy's setlist and Guiding Light and MK Ultra were on there. But they were not played. :indiff:

I know right!

MK was supposed to come after Supermassive, but it never came. :'(

I do have to say, while I enjoyed parts of this show, Oakland back in April is my #1 Muse show (out of the 2 I've gone to). Oakland had Map and MK.

Sac was...interesting, for lack of a better word. Some of the setlist changes surprised me (but I amazed the security guy in front of me by being able to "predict" most of it), but like Jessica I was actually hoping for MK or even GL (personally wanting Bliss or CE).

After waiting in the heat all day, I'll admit I was tired. I was relying on the barrier to keep me up a lot. But damn...the view sucked trying to see Matt. I got a nice view of Chris and Dom (:stongue:) but trying to see Matt was shitty.

I would rate this gig an 8/10. Not what it could've been, but it was better than nothing.

Also: It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I think I heard the "Cave" riff at one point. The intro. part to the song, and it had me thinking "Holy Shit! Cave!", but alas.

EDIT: Looks like what I thought was a chunk of "Cave" was actually a part of a Deftones tribute. FML!

Really? On Chris' side I had no problem getting some video.

P.S.: Were you waiting with Sarah and Jann on the grass? Did we meet and not know it?

Really? Luck must have been on your side because every time I started filming, the security dude in front of me kept telling me to stop filming. Didn't really like him though, he kept looking at me weird whenever I lost it and started screaming and headbanging:LOL:

Well I hanged out with them for a bit when they barely arrived, I signed the Cali and Canadian flag and talked to them for a while. Maybe we did meet and we just don't remember:D What time did you get there?

Really? Luck must have been on your side because every time I started filming, the security dude in front of me kept telling me to stop filming. Didn't really like him though, he kept looking at me weird whenever I lost it and started screaming and headbanging:LOL:

Well I hanged out with them for a bit when they barely arrived, I signed the Cali and Canadian flag and talked to them for a while. Maybe we did meet and we just don't remember:D What time did you get there?

I got there at around 10:30 a.m. and hung out with them for the majority of the time.

Ah, and I found my photo showing the second tier of the arena blocked by curtains. Only lower level seats available on that side:

5038880777_50a75c610f_z.jpg

Stupid Sacramento :noey:. Shoulda played the bay.

Oh dear sweet Lord :facepalm: Please delete that immediately (I hate seeing myself in photos)

And I do agree with you. The Bay Area would've been better in 2 ways:

#1) No 2 hour drive (for me)

#2) No 100+ degree heat to make everyone miserable

I would love to see them play at HP Pavillion or AT&T Park or even the Oakland Stadium.

Quick question, do people always try to mosh at Muse shows? I thought it was a little funny.

why is it funny?

At the first show I went to in 2005 the crowd was moshing and jumping around for the entire concert , except for maybe sunburn which was a little more chill but still had good energy. It was non-stop and freakin AWESOME.

I go in expecting there to be moshing at every muse show. Not for every song... especially now that a lot of the songs are more mellow, but for all the heavier songs, definitely.

Here's the set for the Austin show I'm talking about in 2005...

1. Assassin

2. New Born

3. Hysteria

4. Sunburn (keyboard)

5. The Small Print

6. Citizen Erased

7. Exo-Politics

8. Butterflies & Hurricanes

9. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

10. Bliss (extended)

11. Time Is Running Out

12. Plug In Baby

Encore

13. Apocalypse Please

14. Micro Cuts

15. Stockholm Syndrome

I got there at around 10:30 a.m. and hung out with them for the majority of the time.

Aaaah didn't even see you arrive, my group was near you guys for a while in the morning then we left to Starbucks for majority of the time. I saw a couple of guys with Sarah though, one of them must have been you and I didn't even know it. Next time I'll definitely meet you for sure:)

Can't believe it was three days ago. Want to go back:supersad:

Aaaah didn't even see you arrive, my group was right next to you guys. I have terrible attention span so I probably didn't even notice. Next time I'll definitely meet you for sure:)

Can't believe it was three days ago. Want to go back:supersad:

I was wearing the black Muse shirt. (Like that makes me easy to remember :p)

I hate to say it, but I would do it all over again. Even with everything that wasn't "right" (mediocre opener, short set, etc.) I still had a great time.

But I need to know one thing -

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH GUYS TAKING THEIR SHIRTS OFF IN THE PIT AND THROWING THEM AT THE STAGE?

I guess Muse has some strange power to turn "straight" (;)) guys into gay guys for a couple hours a night.

I was wearing the black Muse shirt. (Like that makes me easy to remember :p)

I hate to say it, but I would do it all over again. Even with everything that wasn't "right" (mediocre opener, short set, etc.) I still had a great time.

But I need to know one thing -

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH GUYS TAKING THEIR SHIRTS OFF IN THE PIT AND THROWING THEM AT THE STAGE?

I guess Muse has some strange power to turn "straight" (;)) guys into gay guys for a couple hours a night.

Wait I think I remember you, but I had no idea that was you. Now I know:)

No wonder I saw massive amounts of shirts flying off onto the stage. That was definitely :awesome: Matt's sexiness combined with the heat of the venue caused guys to lose their minds completely:LOL:

Wait I think I remember you, but I had no idea that was you. Now I know:)

No wonder I saw massive amounts of shirts flying off onto the stage. That was definitely :awesome: Matt's sexiness combined with the heat of the venue caused guys to lose their minds completely:LOL:

If you want confirmation, look at Jessica's pic. I'm the guy across from the security in the Muse shirt. :p

Yeah, walking around the floor after the show I saw like 10 guys without their shirts on (and some of them didn't have that bad a bod :LOL:). I even waited in line behind one at one of the souvenir stands. I guess Muse makes it alright to be "freer" in your sexuality or something. ;):p

I want your camera so bad. :eek:

How did you get it into the venue? It didn't look like a regular point and shoot.

It doesn't look like one, but it still is a point n shoot. Although I do get somewhat hassled by venue security. I just extend the lens, which isn't detachable. It's built in. I almost got stopped in SD, but I showed the extended lens and it was fine. I had to threaten the troll in Anaheim with talking to his supervisor, who I had just cleared the camera with. The third security guy there said it was totally fine.

Staples didn't even care! I'm surprised they didn't laugh at it and say "HA! You call that a camera?!" I love it there. :D

In Sacramento, I was not in the mood to deal with security, so I avoided any camera talk with some sleight of hand; distracting him with my open bag, while I wrapped the camera behind me on my other side. Once cleared, I placed the camera back into my bag in front of me, zipped it up and waited until we got in the venue. I saw a couple people with true, yet small, SLRs, so I'm guessing it was fine. I just didn't want that discussion. And once on the barrier, the guard in front of me did whisper something to Muse security (management?), but I saw the Muse guy look at me, nod and say "yeah, let her take pictures and whatever." :happy:

It doesn't look like one, but it still is a point n shoot. Although I do get somewhat hassled by venue security. I just extend the lens, which isn't detachable. It's built in. I almost got stopped in SD, but I showed the extended lens and it was fine. I had to threaten the troll in Anaheim with talking to his supervisor, who I had just cleared the camera with. The third security guy there said it was totally fine.

Staples didn't even care! I'm surprised they didn't laugh at it and say "HA! You call that a camera?!" I love it there. :D

In Sacramento, I was not in the mood to deal with security, so I avoided any camera talk with some sleight of hand; distracting him with my open bag, while I wrapped the camera behind me on my other side. Once cleared, I placed the camera back into my bag in front of me, zipped it up and waited until we got in the venue. I saw a couple people with true, yet small, SLRs, so I'm guessing it was fine. I just didn't want that discussion. And once on the barrier, the guard in front of me did whisper something to Muse security (management?), but I saw the Muse guy look at me, nod and say "yeah, let her take pictures and whatever." :happy:

All I know is that since, sadly, there are no more Muse shows to look forward to for a while, I'm going to start putting my pennies into a new camera fund. I want one of those Lumix cameras. My camera is crap for concerts (good vid, but blurry pics).

All I know is that since, sadly, there are no more Muse shows to look forward to for a while, I'm going to start putting my pennies into a new camera fund. I want one of those Lumix cameras. My camera is crap for concerts (good vid, but blurry pics).

It's a great investment if you love concerts and amateur concert photography. I remember bringing in disposable cameras to my first shows when I was younger and getting hooked on having tangible memories and being able to relive and share the experiences through photos. I've gone through many upgrades since that disposable. I hope to finally use my DSLR legitimately at shows in the future. :happy:

WOW! Those are some awesome pictures! I'm happy with how mine turned out judging from where I was standing, but I am super jealous. Is your camera a point and shoot or DSLR?

Thanks! It's a point and shoot. :)

Looks like our gig wasn't a fluke - New Mexico just got shafted with the same exact setlist :facepalm:

:noey:. Let's just hope the band put in a lot of energy for them!

It was my first Muse show after waiting 4 years to see them! I was glad they played Sacramento...short set list or not...I had to work that day, drive 100 miles to the show, and be back at work the next day. I couldn't have made it if they were playing the Bay Area only.

I thought it was an AWESOME show! I took my younger brother...he wasn't too familiar with them, but was totally impressed! I can't wait to see them again :D

Archived