:LOL: Some people are unbelievable! :LOL:

Oh, fuck off. Muse can do no wrong in your eyes. I get it. :rolleyes:

now, now... one of the most common complaints about setlist moaners and the beef in general is that the people complaining weren't at the gig, so who are they to judge? In this case, Jessica was there, and she's unhappy about it, who are we to tell her she's wrong?

Thank you ducky! I had the most amazing week with Muse at the So Cal shows. They were on fire! And I gave the band my all! To go from that, to last night's lackluster performance was a huge letdown. Am I disappointed? Yes. Do I hate Muse? NO! Will I go to more live shows? Absofuckinglutely! Just because I did not like 1 out of 8 gigs that I have been to this year, doesn't mean that I hate the band. Get over yourself, CarrieB.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy it :D Like I was saying earlier, there are always the little moments here and there that make a gig unique and special, even if there are things you wish had gone differently :)

Very true. <3

People from the sacramento gig: if you were disappointed with last night performance, please do not post in the thread of your own gig you attended, you are upsetting CarrieB experience of the gig she wasn't at! :LOL:

Ps Carrie don't bother answering my post I am not interested in having a non-conversation with you.

We don't know how accurate the report is from the fan who watched the show either. Anyway I've made my point and I'm not going to argue any further. People on here are always too quick to criticise Muse over everything anyway.

There are people that are reasonable, and there are people that are over the top with criticism, and there are people that are over the top thinking muse are immune to any critique.

For every Muse show I have been to, I have had certain expectations. 15 out of 16 times, they EXCEEDED them. Last night was the first time I was let down, and I am not saying I regret going, or that I didn't still enjoy the show. But it WAS a letdown, and not just because of the super short set. The energy was weak, and the showmanship wasn't really there. Matt didn't even look my way once the entire gig.

I went with 3 friends that have seen them 3 times previously, and they all mentioned how this was the first time they weren't as good as the previous show.

We are all used to seeing Muse play most of their songs as if they are the last song of the set. That just wasn't the case, and dedicated Muse fans that know better have EVERY right to express their disappointment about it. It doesn't, mean we didn't enjoy it and wouldn't do it again. I don't think anyone is being over the top in their complaints here. And I don't think any of us lost sleep over the short set. But I usually LIKE losing sleep from my ears ringing all night after a Muse gig, and I missed that.

Just on my way back from Sacramento and I have to say I enjoyed the gig very much - BUT - I did think the moment I walked into Arco 'ok, this is a bit cramped - this will be interesting' - too bad time was cramped as well. And it got pretty hot indoors a few times I can't imagine what it would be under lights. Dom was awesome as always but looked like he was tired - fatigued from the heat I'm guessing. Despite the odd venue, shorter setlist I really appreciated the show they put on - though I'm glad I went to 1st night LA and Oakland in April. (and someday, even if it's during a 'greatest hits when the lads are in their 50s' tour I *will* hear Bliss, lol!)

i'm on my phone & can't read all the pages yet - I'd like to know what Dom was talking about partway through after Matt started jamming with him. Matt played some guitar stuff, Dom joined, then Chris, then I have no idea what Dom said. If anyone knows that would be great :) thanks!

Glad you enjoyed the show - but sorry you missed out on bliss... fingers crossed that someday it'll happen! (I feel your pain, I finally gave in and flew to the UK so I could increase my chances to see it :$ )

Hopefully someone will have a vid of the conversation you're talking about - it's so frustrating when you miss something they said and can't find anyone who heard it!

Oy, times like these make me glad that I'm not jaded, like some around here. Nothing worse than the bitching & moaning of an entitled/spoiled "fan."

I would've paid $50 to see them play 5 songs, half-assed. I (and 10k others) got 15 + 2 jams + a multitude of riffs including 2 from the Deftones (with Chino Moreno himself in attendance).

My wife, seeing Muse for the first time, had the time of her life. She (nor I, really) didn't care that we got "stiffed" 2-3 songs and we didn't get any "rarities." Her favorite parts of the show were the jams & riffs, which she hadn't heard before and truly showcased the talents of the band.

Yeah, ARCO is a dump, but we have nothing better. At least the power didn't cut out on them like @ Empire a few years ago.

FYI, it's standard practice to curtain off the seats "behind" the stage. The arena is not big enough to put the stage in the center, so they have to put it at one "end" of what usually is a basketball court. Everything else looked quite full to me.

Y'all need to step back a little, take in the big picture, and be grateful that Muse graced our armpit of a town with a performance. Which, by the way, was excellent.

Keep it real, kids.

FYI, it's standard practice to curtain off the seats "behind" the stage. The arena is not big enough to put the stage in the center, so they have to put it at one "end" of what usually is a basketball court. Everything else looked quite full to me.

Muse always plays end stage setup and opens the back of the arena depending on how many tickets sell on the first go. Arco didn't sell well, so they kept it closed. Staples was end stage setup and still open in the back on the first night, but not the second:

Staples:

5036877222_00a9acb18e_z.jpg

5036910788_7f116444ca_z.jpg

Hey, hey, hey, settle down everyone.

The setlist was shit, I'd be pissed if I get this in OKC. [/runs out of the thread]

:srsb33f:

Thank you ducky! I had the most amazing week with Muse at the So Cal shows. They were on fire! And I gave the band my all! To go from that, to last night's lackluster performance was a huge letdown. Am I disappointed? Yes. Do I hate Muse? NO! Will I go to more live shows? Absofuckinglutely! Just because I did not like 1 out of 8 gigs that I have been to this year, doesn't mean that I hate the band.

You're lucky to have gotten to go to all of the shows this week! aahhh I remember my muse week back in march :D Was funtimes!

Oy, times like these make me glad that I'm not jaded, like some around here. Nothing worse than the bitching & moaning of an entitled/spoiled "fan."

I would've paid $50 to see them play 5 songs, half-assed. I (and 10k others) got 15 + 2 jams + a multitude of riffs including 2 from the Deftones (with Chino Moreno himself in attendance).

Which Deftones riffs did they do?

And the arena is a dump, is it? I wonder if it's worse than 1st Mariner in Baltimore... seriously, that place was just :noey:

EDIT:

Muse always plays end stage setup and opens the back of the arena depending on how many tickets sell on the first go. Arco didn't sell well, so they kept it closed. Staples was end stage setup and still open in the back on the first night, but not the second:

I think it might depend mostly on the size/shape of the venue. I don't think they had seats behind the stage at some of the UK shows and those all sold out very quickly. From what I've seen, the back is always open at the bigger ones and closed at the smaller ones.... but I don't know for sure.

Oh, fuck off. Muse can do no wrong in your eyes. I get it. :rolleyes:

+99999

As someone else said; if the band did in fact get fucked over by the venue, then they should have made the most of the time instead of making an already dull setlist even more dull. They could have cut out Helsinki Jam and the Deftones riffs and added one more song instead. That would at least put them at 16 songs, which has been the bare minimum of the tour. Muse and their crew have no reason to blame the venue, it was their fault as well.

15 songs is not acceptable, especially for issues that could, and should, have been prevented.

I think it might depend mostly on the size/shape of the venue. I don't think they had seats behind the stage at some of the UK shows and those all sold out very quickly. From what I've seen, the back is always open at the bigger ones and closed at the smaller ones.... but I don't know for sure.

:yesey: it depends on the venue. The Dublin gig and a few others were sold out but some venues don't have seats behind the stage.

This was the first time I've ever been to a concert and I loved it. :happy:

Despite the super short set list/somewhat lack of energy (even I noticed it), I was just grateful that I finally got to see them (in GA!) and it was still amazing-- for me, at least.

I'm sorry to hear from more experienced people that this really wasn't their best performance, though, and I hope I can see them again soon when they're in top shape again.

Chino Moreno was in the arena last night? Didn't the Deftones have a concert in Atlanta?

the band did but he skipped it.... and you people think muse fans are angry this morning!?

:chuckle: sorry :$

This was the first time I've ever been to a concert and I loved it. :happy:

Despite the super short set list/somewhat lack of energy (even I noticed it), I was just grateful that I finally got to see them (in GA!) and it was still amazing-- for me, at least.

I'm sorry to hear from more experienced people that this really wasn't their best performance, though, and I hope I can see them again soon when they're in top shape again.

At the end of the day all that matters is your experience :yesey: It's always great seeing them the first time, even on what might be considered an "off" night... nothing beats actually being there in the room, looking at them in person, watching them play!

I'll just post one more statement in this thread before I post my photo album:

I really hope my venting doesn't deter people who had a good time at this show from posting their awesome moments, if there were any. I love hearing those and I'm sure there were some I may have missed. My favorite was the end of Stockholm. And even though this may have been an off night, it really shouldn't dissuade anyone from seeing Muse live. More often than not, Muse is simply magical live.

I'll just post one more statement in this thread before I post my photo album:

I really hope my venting doesn't deter people who had a good time at this show from posting their awesome moments, if there were any. I love hearing those and I'm sure there were some I may have missed. My favorite was the end of Stockholm. And even though this may have been an off night, it really shouldn't dissuade anyone from seeing Muse live. More often than not, Muse is simply magical live.

i read what you had to say about the stage and the venue size. i wonder if they'll be prepared for a similar venue in new mexico. honestly they should chuck using the pillars for shows where the capacity is less than 10 thousand. There's not usually more than one tier in those cases and instead of fussing with them they should just play an amazing show :yesey:

i agree. anyone who hasn't seen muse before won't know the difference...but that's become more of an exception here in the states after these two tours :D

You're all using an argument which is a red herring fallacy. Whether or not someone was at the gig is immaterial, the fact is that if there were problems, we have had an reasonable explanation for those problems.

No statement was made by the band about issues. But if the hearsay is actually accurate, and Muse crew acknowledged that the show WAS indeed lackluster compared to the expected production, it doesn't MATTER what the excuse is, the fans the went to this show were shorted on the real Muse experience. Is it unreasonable? No, and I don't think many people are saying that.That doesn't mean it isn't still a bit disappointing, and it doesn't mean we cannot express that we expected more based on buzz from recent shows.

DAMN!

i leave for ONE DAY and shit has hit the fan on here!

doris was down?! really?

and i see there is a lot of beef on here. how about you ALL shut up and sit the fuck down? :LOL: no seriously, that setlist was no bueno, length wise. but hey, if you had fun anyways, congrats. that's what matters in the end. if you didn't have fun, ... well i'm sorry. that shit sucks.

Or any song. I was just giving an example. They could've dropped FG for RBS or something like that then. Better? :p

My point was that I'm not that sure that putting Bliss or RBS or any other song instead of a regular one is enough to offset the bad feeling of a night that was supposed to be a party.

i read what you had to say about the stage and the venue size. i wonder if they'll be prepared for a similar venue in new mexico. honestly they should chuck using the pillars for shows where the capacity is less than 10 thousand. There's not usually more than one tier in those cases and instead of fussing with them they should just play an amazing show :yesey:

i agree. anyone who hasn't seen muse before won't know the difference...but that's become more of an exception here in the states after these two tours :D

I don't think the venue size will matter for the preparedness, performance or setlist. They've had to cut things back to fit in the venue at least twice already with no negative outcome.

The venue in stockholme last year was so small they couldn't properly use the towers and as such decided not to use the we are the universe intro, instead they opened with Overture and the show was on par with the others around that time.

The floor in the Patriot Center in VA last March was so small they couldn't use the full stage - it wasn't until after the gig was over that I realized there were no wings on the sides of the stage! The venue also didn't have any upper tiers, but was sold out. I think the Patriot Center may have been the smallest venue so far on the entire tour, actually... but, either way, it was a great gig, crowd was on their feet from where I could see and people in the pit were bouncing around and singing loudly :D We also got a 17 song set.

So, my point is, don't let the venue size worry you, it doesn't have to mean there will be issues :yesey:

Hey i feel for all of you who didn't get the Muse experience that you expected. I think everyone dropped the ball with this gig, Muse included. Maybe the Arena management were difficult and unprofessional, maybe Matt and co. we're beat, ( I saw a pic of Dom taken at the secret soundgarden LA show on 9/27 and he looked pretty beat), maybe it was just one of those nights.

As much as we love Muse, they are human and can't pull off a legendary performance every night. The fact that they do pull it off as frequently as they do is incredible, but even zeppelin didn't pull if off every night. Floyd had off nights.

I do imagine though, that Chris, Dom, and Matt all know that they didn't play a show that lived up to their reputation and I bet they will do something to make it up to Sacramento.

Archived