The band hasn't said anything, someone who talked to someone who knows someone said that person said matt didn't want to be there ;)

how nice it must be for the band to have people who know people who talk to people who will then pass on information :p

I'm thinking there's a bit of a squished schedule thing going on as well - at first it was 25th in LA, several days off then Sacramento. Well, they slotted in a 2nd LA gig (and thank goodness as I hear it was awesome), and then back to northern California (and then word of a late evening flight? that's really squishing things a bit). I flew back from LA Sunday morning then traveled to Sacramento Tuesday afternoon and I was tired. I hope they get a little bit of a break - and it's not so flippin' hot in NM.

btw, dead-duck, your sig pic of Dom always makes me laugh :D

First off, if Matt really did have to catch a late flight, that's a personal decision of his and nothing directly relating to the band's tour schedule that I can fathom.

Second, LA and Sacramento are only about 6 hours apart and they had a whole extra day's worth of travel to get there (unless Matt wanted to spend more time in LA with Ms. Hudson: see above). I'm really failing to see how that's a tight schedule. The distance from Chicago to Detroit is roughly the same (taking into consideration losing an hour with the time change), and those shows were on consecutive nights back in March. And other than a 16-song set (this setlist plus MK Ultra), I can say the band's performance in Detroit wasn't stunted in the slightest.

Third, I'm actually glad this show went down the way it did because now I'm not even slightly considering making the trek out to Ohio. Their sets seem to be too much of a gamble and I'm not about to drive hundreds of miles and spend a boat load of cash to see the same set (or an even shorter one) than what I saw 6 months ago.

Hey!

I was in section 119 (seated closest Chris' side in row M) and paid very close attention to everything going on in the audiance.

1. The floor was packed! The first level was packed! The second level furthest back 4 sections were full. I can understand how someone on barrier might not be able to see everything going on behind them as they cannot see.

2. There was a quite active pit during most songs. This was behind the middle of the stage. Quick question though. the crowd surfers at the end of the slow section of US, how many of those women that were pulled out were wearing just bras? I saw at least 3 and at the end of Knights there was another one displayed on the big screen wearing a pink bra. I've not seen this yet at a Muse concert.

3. My section was the best section! i think the people around you really make the difference. Of the 5 shows I've seen this tour, this is actually my favorite. I did NOT notice the bands lack of energy (except no PIB spins and only one official sing along), but I did finally get to hear the Burning Bridges riff and we got Deftones!!!!! I bet no other date will get what we got on that one!

4. I'm actually okay with the short setlist as this "arena" as they apparently have no air conditioning!!!

5. I'm sorry for those who didn't have fun, but I find it very discouraging that some people put the band on such a high pedestal that they cannot enjoy the gig with out something special happening. I would say probably 9/10s of the people there didn't even care what the set list was, because they didn't knkow what it was supposed to be.

6. Lastly, if people that are going to gigs later in October and don't want to go now because they are afraid they will get a set like this, then you aren't really a fan of Muse in the first place are you. Bunch of whiners! Get over yourselves, please!

I love Muse! Bring on the next album! Rest up and come back refreshed boys!:p

First off, if Matt really did have to catch a late flight, that's a personal decision of his and nothing directly relating to the band's tour schedule that I can fathom.

Second, LA and Sacramento are only about 6 hours apart and they had a whole extra day's worth of travel to get there (unless Matt wanted to spend more time in LA with Ms. Hudson: see above). I'm really failing to see how that's a tight schedule. The distance from Chicago to Detroit is roughly the same (taking into consideration losing an hour with the time change), and those shows were on consecutive nights back in March. And other than a 16-song set (this setlist plus MK Ultra), I can say the band's performance in Detroit wasn't stunted in the slightest.

Third, I'm actually glad this show went down the way it did because now I'm not even slightly considering making the trek out to Ohio. Their sets seem to be too much of a gamble and I'm not about to drive hundreds of miles and spend a boat load of cash to see the same set (or an even shorter one) than what I saw 6 months ago.

6. Lastly, if people that are going to gigs later in October and don't want to go now because they are afraid they will get a set like this, then you aren't really a fan of Muse in the first place are you. Bunch of whiners! Get over yourselves, please!

Yep! Theres one there! I flew down from Seattle. I loved it. I know it will be the last time I see them for a while. Everyone around me loved it too!:happy:

What's all this about the band, or Matt, not wanting to be there? Did he say that? Bit bloody rude if he did.

I don't think he said it directly... This was my conversation with him.

Me: Mellow show, with the short set and lack of stage presence (as compared to normally), I got the vibe that Matt didn't want to be there.

Lee: Yeah, he really didn't, he just wanted to get in and get out. I was talking to Matt earlier and he said that he just wanted to get back to Los Angeles to spend time with his girlfriend.

Me: Girlfriend?

Lee: Kate Hudson, I guess that's still going on.

Me: It was still a fun show, regardless.

Lee: Matt was throwing fire balls tonight, even though he wasn't all over the place, he was still playing his riffs. Back when we used to tour, the more riffs he plays and the longer he keeps going, the more into it he is.

Hey!

I was in section 119 (seated closest Chris' side in row M) and paid very close attention to everything going on in the audience.

Very close to where I was at in section 120! I watched everything from where I was at too

1. The floor was packed! The first level was packed! The second level furthest back 4 sections were full. I can understand how someone on barrier might not be able to see everything going on behind them as they cannot see.

2. There was a quite active pit during most songs. This was behind the middle of the stage. Quick question though. the crowd surfers at the end of the slow section of US, how many of those women that were pulled out were wearing just bras? I saw at least 3 and at the end of Knights there was another one displayed on the big screen wearing a pink bra. I've not seen this yet at a Muse concert.

:LOL: missed that :p I did see a lot of action in GA

3. My section was the best section! i think the people around you really make the difference. Of the 5 shows I've seen this tour, this is actually my favorite. I did NOT notice the bands lack of energy (except no PIB spins and only one official sing along), but I did finally get to hear the Burning Bridges riff and we got Deftones!!!!! I bet no other date will get what we got on that one!

the band seemed pretty darn active considering the heat... poor Dom was putting in extra (which I appreciated -from afar - I doubt he heard me yell "Dom!" near the end of the gig! :LOL: )

4. I'm actually okay with the short setlist as this "arena" as they apparently have no air conditioning!!!

I was starting to crave water and fresh air 2/3rd through

5. I'm sorry for those who didn't have fun, but I find it very discouraging that some people put the band on such a high pedestal that they cannot enjoy the gig with out something special happening. I would say probably 9/10s of the people there didn't even care what the set list was, because they didn't knkow what it was supposed to be.

so many people seemed to be having a fantastic time (though a few left during USoE and FG for beer ;) )

and yeah, we know Muse can do "extreme epic" and hope it happens every time. A lot goes into a show and a lot potentially can "de-epic-ize" (new term? :p ) the experience. A lot of moving parts as it were.

In a way I wish I didn't read this thread until much later as I was flying high happy after the gig --seeing everything here really soured my perception. In the end - selfishly - I have to focus on how I felt about the gig - if others didn't enjoy it that's really too bad :( If the band, themselves, didn't enjoy as much as usual, well, I did regardless. As I said pages earlier they hardly phoned it in. I'm now a little "mused-out" from all the gigs and will now get to sit back and watch everyone else bitch, complain, whine, fret, grumble and be generally ticked off with Muse's gigs for the rest of the year :LOL:

Yep! Theres one there! I flew down from Seattle. I loved it. I know it will be the last time I see them for a while. Everyone around me loved it too!:happy:

I am sorry but who died and made you the expert authority and who should and shouldn't a muse fan? I think halo explain very well and logically why is not speding hundreds of dollars to go to ohio and that doesn't make them a lesser fan by any means.

In a way I wish I didn't read this thread until much later as I was flying high happy after the gig --seeing everything here really soured my perception. In the end - selfishly - I have to focus on how I felt about the gig - if others didn't enjoy it that's really too bad :( If the band, themselves, didn't enjoy as much as usual, well, I did regardless. As I said pages earlier they hardly phoned it in. I'm now a little "mused-out" from all the gigs and will now get to sit back and watch everyone else bitch, complain, whine, fret, grumble and be generally ticked off with Muse's gigs for the rest of the year :LOL:

Don't let other people's experience affect yours. If you had a fantastic time at the gig then that's all that should count for you :happy:

The band hasn't said anything, someone who talked to someone who knows someone said that person said matt didn't want to be there ;)

Me: Mellow show, with the short set and lack of stage presence (as compared to normally), I got the vibe that Matt didn't want to be there.

Lee: Yeah, he really didn't, he just wanted to get in and get out. I was talking to Matt earlier and he said that he just wanted to get back to Los Angeles to spend time with his girlfriend.

Lee: Matt was throwing fire balls tonight, even though he wasn't all over the place, he was still playing his riffs. Back when we used to tour, the more riffs he plays and the longer he keeps going, the more into it he is.

Thanks ;)

In a way I wish I didn't read this thread until much later as I was flying high happy after the gig --seeing everything here really soured my perception. In the end - selfishly - I have to focus on how I felt about the gig - if others didn't enjoy it that's really too bad :(If the band, themselves, didn't enjoy as much as usual, well, I did regardless. As I said pages earlier they hardly phoned it in. I'm now a little "mused-out" from all the gigs and will now get to sit back and watch everyone else bitch, complain, whine, fret, grumble and be generally ticked off with Muse's gigs for the rest of the year :LOL:

It does sound, from reading, that the band got more into the gig as it went on. :)

What I think is that if it's true that Matt didn't want to there as he wanted to be with his girlfriend (and tbh I'm not even sure whether that should be on here) he can't help how he feels, or whether how he feels is reflected in his performance (something probably only noticeable to those who know Muse really well anyway, plus it sounds like there were a lot of other issues with the venue so it may have been more that). But to be fair, he should be balancing his personal life with his commitments. If the gig was cut short because he had a plane to catch, or, if they were worn out through travelling as they had skimped on having time to rest before the gig, that's really not fair on the people there.

Course, in their favour, Muse are extremely reliable and committed. There are a lot of much more selfish rock stars out there. They tour extensively because they know people want to see them. They don't need to for financial reasons. They could chuck it all in if they wanted or take huge breaks from it, or cancel shows, but they don't. I'm sure we've all skimped on our commitments at times. I do it all the time! :LOL: And it sounds like a lot of people there enjoyed themselves.

So, if you were there and haven't gotten around to doing what 94.7 requested you do, or if you're curious to see the venue packed/with the lights on/whatever floats your boat...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=218803&id=100000824333720&ref=fbx_album#!/album.php?aid=22102&id=100000824333720

I'll kick myself for this, but, don't forget to tag...

My apologies to anyone who went to this show and didn't get what they expected. However, I have to come in the defense of the band here. MUSE has pretty much been touring all around the world non-stop since The Resistance came out. I saw them in Vegas twice in 6 months, not even expecting them to come to Vegas once in those 6 months.

Yes, MUSE chose their occupation. Yes, they're getting paid pretty damn well. But they showed up, played 15 songs, attempted to put on a decent stage show, and most importantly played a show.

I can understand the average seasoned MUSE fans getting disappointed, but when you see a band so many times, some times are going to be greater than others! And if that's not the case, bands should be allowed to have shitty days.

If they walked off stage after 9-10 songs on a show that was suppose to be their own tour, then I would be disappointed .

To the people that live in Sacramento, and probably won't be able to see the band again for a while unless you travel, I feel ya, but some of these complaints are just petty on the parts of other people.

Anyways, Cheers!

shut it. we pay a lot of money for those tickets and i expect the number of songs to at least be equal through out each gig. energy and character cannot always be there, and i thought they tried fairly hard at that, but number of songs is a simple thing.

i dont' care how long they've been touring.

CHEERS!

shut it. we pay a lot of money for those tickets and i expect the number of songs to at least be equal through out each gig. energy and character cannot always be there, and i thought they tried fairly hard at that, but number of songs is a simple thing.

CHEERS!

I can absolutely understand your anger.

ooh Lee, I miss him :happy: lovely dude. Haven't seen him since Coachella.

Hey!

5. I'm sorry for those who didn't have fun, but I find it very discouraging that some people put the band on such a high pedestal that they cannot enjoy the gig with out something special happening. I would say probably 9/10s of the people there didn't even care what the set list was, because they didn't know what it was supposed to be.

I am not one of those people that needs something special at every gig. I went to Coachella where they played a bare bones setlist, but the energy was phenomenal! I loved every minute of it.

HAHAHA Awesome! Thanks for that link. I couldn't get up the courage to ask for a picture with him, or of him...dang, after seeing this I should have! I took some sly photos, but they are all blurry.

Does he know about the fan page?

You totally should have. He was a really nice guy.

No, I don't believe he knows about the FB page yet. :$:erm: Honestly, it's meant to be a "Danny appreciation" page. Don't want it to turn into a page full of Danny stalkers. :noey::ninja:

CHEERS!

I feel your pain, 15 songs is a :noey:... On the other hand, Muse has played a lot of sets similar to the Sac gig where the only difference was they also played Guiding Light. I for one could do without seeing that crap even if it means getting one less song. In fact, bring it down to 14 if we're also spared from FG. :yesey: Now, if they had kept Guiding Light and dropped, say, Stockholm Syndrome, I'd be out for blood. :mad:

I feel your pain, 15 songs is a :noey:... On the other hand, Muse has played a lot of sets similar to the Sac gig where the only difference was they also played Guiding Light. I for one could do without seeing that crap even if it means getting one less song. In fact, bring it down to 14 if we're also spared from FG. :yesey: Now, if they had kept Guiding Light and dropped, say, Stockholm Syndrome, I'd be out for blood. :mad:

:kiss:

I am not one of those people that needs something special at every gig. I went to Coachella where they played a bare bones setlist, but the energy was phenomenal! I loved every minute of it.

Jessica,

I'm so sorry you and your sis didn't have the experience you had hoped for. Maybe you should have sat up with us! We were in a kick ass section. To be honest, if you were on Chris's side the GA was quite tame there, Middle and Matts side was really jumping.

I hope you and your sister can take something fun away from this concert. I will love it forever! :D

Jessica,

I'm so sorry you and your sis didn't have the experience you had hoped for. Maybe you should have sat up with us! We were in a kick ass section. To be honest, if you were on Chris's side the GA was quite tame there, Middle and Matts side was really jumping.

I hope you and your sister can take something fun away from this concert. I will love it forever! :D

Definitely. We did have our moments together, like when we were singing along cheesily to some of the songs :D. And even though I wasn't jumping as much as I used to, she was giving it her all. I promised that there will be plenty of Muse shows in our future and we will go as soon as the chance arrives.This time, we'll aim for center barricade, which means we'll have to wake up and get out there even earlier! :LOL:

BlameKateHudson2011.

Archived