Short setlist, yes. That does suck, but that's cool that they payed a bit of homage to Deftones who are equally as good IMO as Muse.

Muse should take some lessons from Deftones tho. Deftones have had 6 albums released, and still play a MINIMUM 3 songs from their first album each show. Even on their current BLACKDIAMONDSKYE tour with 12 song setlists, they still are playing 3 songs off of Adreneline.

Granted, Deftones have completely disregarded their last album (Saturday Night Wrist) on their latest stint of touring, but they will never disregard their beginnings.

Muse should realize how many people want to hear Showbiz stuff and throw at least a song or two a night from that album in their sets.

I think Muse and Deftones should tour. I would shart and die if that happened.

Short setlist, yes. That does suck, but that's cool that they payed a bit of homage to Deftones who are equally as good IMO as Muse.

Muse should take some lessons from Deftones tho. Deftones have had 6 albums released, and still play a MINIMUM 3 songs from their first album each show. Even on their current BLACKDIAMONDSKYE tour with 12 song setlists, they still are playing 3 songs off of Adreneline.

Granted, Deftones have completely disregarded their last album (Saturday Night Wrist) on their latest stint of touring, but they will never disregard their beginnings.

Muse should realize how many people want to hear Showbiz stuff and throw at least a song or two a night from that album in their sets.

I think Muse and Deftones should tour. I would shart and die if that happened.

Yeah, I saw Deftones a few weeks ago. I agree completely. Muse should take notes from them. And 311, too for that matter. 311 plays songs from alllllll 9 albums, and no two setlists are the same.

(Uh ignore the random title that sounds like a street address, that was a captcha I typed in and I have no idea how that ended up there haha)

Thanks for explaining that! :) Lately I've seen other similar cryptic headings on other posts, and I always think :wtf:.

On topic, it sucks to be you, Sacramento! No really, it sounds like a bunch of little crap went down and it was an off night all the way 'round. I don't blame some people for being disappointed. :(

Why is everyone so disappointed? It was an amazing show! Who cares what they play? It's MUSE! And we all love ALL their songs right?

I was just dissapointed because it was exactly the same as Oakland... minus two great songs Map and MK ultra...

But it was still a great show in my opinion. and i would do it every night if i could!

I forgot to say that it was great when matt headed the balloon towards the back of the stage... he's obviously been taking football lessons from chris :D

That reminds me of when I saw them over here in Manchester a few years ago...when Plug In Baby ended and one of the balloons was still on stage, Bellamy played a bit of head tennis with Chris :LOL:

This was my 6th Muse gig, and although no rarities were played, I still had the time of my life. We already knew that Muse's plans were to just fly in and out, and they never even planned to do a soundcheck, so we weren't expecting a long set list. Even the local radio station's planned interview was canceled a few weeks ago because of Muse's tight schedule. Danny, the videographer, ended up giving me his water bottle and setlist during the show, and our friend got the venue security setlist. They looked a bit different, but had the exact same songs on them. Her setlist showed their flight time, which was 11:30, so the short setlist had nothing to do with Arco. Its too bad that they went to Sacramento at all and not the Bay, since the bay area has way better venues. In terms of all the Muse gigs I've been to, Matt and Dom seemed to be in good moods and talked quite a bit. I thought it was awesome how they acknowledged and played some Deftones riffs in their hometown. We were on barricade right in front of Matt, and although there wasn't any pushing, the crowd by us was totally into it. I met some awesome Musers (and some shitty ones too) and got to hang with them and my old Muse buddies all day, so overall i thought it was a pretty amazing experience.

Yeah it was my 4th Muse show and aside from it being in Arco which is just a pit of a venue they looked like they were all having a great time and I love seeing the interaction between Matt and Dom. When Matt was taking slow giant steps toward Dom when they were starting the Deftones set it was fantastic stuff.

One thing I was hoping for was for them to play Maps. I saw them on Saturday at Staples and figured since they didn't play it there it was likely they would drop it in for this show.

No such luck though.

Ohh, Sacramento...

After driving for 12 hours to get here, waiting all day in the sun (meeting awesome board members from all over), and getting the barrier on Matt's side, I was ready to have a blast.

And it WAS amazing. The show was fantastic, and I thought that many of the performances were the best I've seen yet. In the moment I had a great time.

Being my third time seeing them on this tour, I expected a similar setlist. I got the exact same one, minus MotP, that I've seen twice before. That was fine. That they started late was forgivable. And I could tell there was something wrong, that Matt lacked energy. He barely looked at the crowd. It was still a fantastic show. Someone said that Muse at their worst are still mind-blowing, and it's absolutely true. They were incredible.

But then today I come here and find out that Matt didn't want to be there. We were shorted a song. We have been dubbed the worst gig on the tour. :(

I'm trying not to be mad about it; after all, why should we have been shortchanged?! But the truth is it was a great experience. I've wondered, should we in the US expect good shows only in LA now? :erm: But honestly, it was fine. And in the moment I frankly didn't care. I loved being there.

If that was Muse at their worst, they still tore the roof off the place.

Don't feel too bad, Sacramento. Actually, I'd say the worst gig of the tour was in Phoenix back in April. We got the same set you guys did with the only difference being the addition of Guiding Light. In other words, the Sacramento set was addition by subtraction. :LOL: I remember walking out of that gig saying the crowd was absolutely the worst I'd ever seen at any concert, and I believe that affected Muse's performance, which was flat all night. I wouldn't go so far as to say Muse at their worst is still great, but sure, I still enjoyed myself. It probably feels a lot worse than it actually was because it had to follow LA's godly second night.

Don't feel too bad, Sacramento. Actually, I'd say the worst gig of the tour was in Phoenix back in April. We got the same set you guys did with the only difference being the addition of Guiding Light. In other words, the Sacramento set was addition by subtraction. :LOL: I remember walking out of that gig saying the crowd was absolutely the worst I'd ever seen at any concert, and I believe that affected Muse's performance, which was flat all night. I wouldn't go so far as to say Muse at their worst is still great, but sure, I still enjoyed myself. It probably feels a lot worse than it actually was because it had to follow LA's godly second night.

Yea, I'm of two minds when it comes to determining whether Phoenix or Sacramento was worse. They both had utter shit queue management that allowed people to get in front of others that had been waiting around in the heat all day. They both had bland setlists, though Phoenix added Guiding Light, which I don't have a huge problem with. Sacramento's setlist was all mixed up, leading some of us to believe that we'd be getting something special. The crowd at Phoenix seemed to be more active and into it than the crowd at Sacramento. Overall, I'd have to say that Phoenix > Sacramento, if only by a tiny bit. It's still depressing, because that means I've attended the two worst shows of this tour :(

On the other hand, I might just be biased due to witnessing Sacramento's shite after LA#2's godliness. I did get a balloon though!

Trying to remember high points:

.. Yes - Lots of balloons for the small place. 2 ended up on stage and Matt shoved one to Dom and kicked one to the pit.

:chuckle: reminds me of the VA show (i talk about that a lot :$) at one point there were like 6 balloons on stage, everytime they pushed them toward the crowd we'd bounce them around for a min and then they'd end up back on the stage. They didn't drop them from the ceiling at that show, they threw them down from the side of the stage (since there was no one seated behind the stage) and that basically just resulted in them being funnelled right onto the stage :chuckle: funtimes :D

But then today I come here and find out that Matt didn't want to be there. We were shorted a song. We have been dubbed the worst gig on the tour. :(

:( Don't worry about it, it's all relative and what really matters is your own personal experience at the show. If you enjoyed it, you enjoyed it... setlists and other people's lack of enjoyment can't change that :)

Oh, not that one. Someone gave me signs that said "Belldom! Make out!" And he laughed at them

HEYHEYHEY! THAT WAS ME WHO GAVE YOU THOSE SIGNS! It was awesome meeting you last night, btw!!!!! Is it still considered 'last' night? I lost track of time. XD Your whole group was awesome.

My apologies to anyone who went to this show and didn't get what they expected. However, I have to come in the defense of the band here. MUSE has pretty much been touring all around the world non-stop since The Resistance came out. I saw them in Vegas twice in 6 months, not even expecting them to come to Vegas once in those 6 months.

Yes, MUSE chose their occupation. Yes, they're getting paid pretty damn well. But they showed up, played 15 songs, attempted to put on a decent stage show, and most importantly played a show.

I can understand the average seasoned MUSE fans getting disappointed, but when you see a band so many times, some times are going to be greater than others! And if that's not the case, bands should be allowed to have shitty days.

If they walked off stage after 9-10 songs on a show that was suppose to be their own tour, then I would be disappointed .

To the people that live in Sacramento, and probably won't be able to see the band again for a while unless you travel, I feel ya, but some of these complaints are just petty on the parts of other people.

Anyways, Cheers!

Archived