Hey everyone! I've had a BLAST getting to meet a lot of you the last 3 days... and must say, that the SD gig was perfect IMO, but the extra energy at the Anaheim show was ATOMIC. (And the camera man in front of Matt, Danny, makes the non-show parts really entertaining) ;)

The outro riff for SS is Cochise by Audioslave. Tom Morello + Chris Cornell = magic, IMO...

The marriage proposal was GREAT -- and a really nice contrast to the tragedy/drama of the man falling down the steps the night before. I hope he'll be OK, we're all wondering about him.

Off to LA tomorrow! WOOT!!!

You're right, that was the exact same set list. They gotta switch it up for Staples right? Hoping for CE.

One less song from SD too :(

but stil la magnificent gig.

They ought to bring some variety to staples, at least bring Bliss or CE. They'll have to play NSC at some point too...maybe IBTY? IDK

we'll see tomorrow...old songs would be great....but....ugh. :(

One less song from SD too :(

but stil la magnificent gig.

They ought to bring some variety to staples, at least bring Bliss or CE. They'll have to play NSC at some point too...maybe IBTY? IDK

we'll see tomorrow...old songs would be great....but....ugh. :(

I think I would cry if they played NSC...and not tears of joy....I was quite thankful they didn't play it last night.

Do they ever play Butterflies and Hurricanes live?? If so that would be amazing if they played it in LA :D

I think I would cry if they played NSC...and not tears of joy....I was quite thankful they didn't play it last night.

Do they ever play Butterflies and Hurricanes live?? If so that would be amazing if they played it in LA :D

highly unlikely but we could be surprised.

I mean... Im not a huge fan of NSC but it wouldn't been bttter to get that than one less song.

I'm trying to figure out why the setlists only have the radio hits (mostly) and not a variety. Just a thought i came up with but, do u guys think the record label makes them play the radio hits mainly because i'm pretty sure that if it were up to muse they wouldve had an amazing selection of songs to choose from to play night in and night out?!

Or, is it just that Matt cant hit that high falsetto like he used to because his voice matured? Maybe he's just not comfortable with songs like Micro Cuts, Showbiz, etc.... Their has to be a reason why Muse arent changing up the setlist. How in the world are they gonna play the same songs from last US tour and even the first arena European tour? The only songs that are "rarites" are Citizen Erased, Ruled By Secrecy, Bliss. Those three are the only songs other than the ones have been on the US setlists that have been played in the US.

Getting back to my first point, even on the Stadium shows in Europe they only got Take A Bow, Soilders Poem, the other 3 songs mentioned before and Butterflies and Hurricanes, Neutron Star Collision. Songs that really dont require Matt to hit that high note. I'm rambling on because dammit we REAL muse fans want variety. i really dont know what the hell im trying to accomplish with this paragraph so umm yeah.

All im saying is, I will love the music they put out. Is doesnt matter if Matt does a William Hung impression while Dom is playing drums on pots and pans, we'll love it.

I write allll this shit because i care what the REAL fans want!!!

And yes this is what happens when Tequilla meets Squirt soda.

Lastly, MUSE PLEASE PLAY HOODOO at any of the Staples Center shows, and my life will be complete!!!

Off to bed i go, see u Musers at Staples Center.;)

I'm trying to figure out why the setlists only have the radio hits (mostly) and not a variety. Just a thought i came up with but, do u guys think the record label makes them play the radio hits mainly because i'm pretty sure that if it were up to muse they wouldve had an amazing selection of songs to choose from to play night in and night out?!

Or, is it just that Matt cant hit that high falsetto like he used to because his voice matured? Maybe he's just not comfortable with songs like Micro Cuts, Showbiz, etc.... Their has to be a reason why Muse arent changing up the setlist. How in the world are they gonna play the same songs from last US tour and even the first arena European tour? The only songs that are "rarites" are Citizen Erased, Ruled By Secrecy, Bliss. Those three are the only songs other than the ones have been on the US setlists that have been played in the US.

Getting back to my first point, even on the Stadium shows in Europe they only got Take A Bow, Soilders Poem, the other 3 songs mentioned before and Butterflies and Hurricanes, Neutron Star Collision. Songs that really dont require Matt to hit that high note. I'm rambling on because dammit we REAL muse fans want variety. i really dont know what the hell im trying to accomplish with this paragraph so umm yeah.

All im saying is, I will love the music they put out. Is doesnt matter if Matt does a William Hung impression while Dom is playing drums on pots and pans, we'll love it.

I write allll this shit because i care what the REAL fans want!!!

And yes this is what happens when Tequilla meets Squirt soda.

Lastly, MUSE PLEASE PLAY HOODOO at any of the Staples Center shows, and my life will be complete!!!

Off to bed i go, see u Musers at Staples Center.;)

haha yeah I have considered that too. Either that he can't hit the notes live, or the piano is too hard to play live. Although, being the musical genius Matt is, I highly doubt the second excuse is the case :happy:

I would just love to hear a couple songs with piano in them live other than feeling good.

Or, is it just that Matt cant hit that high falsetto like he used to because his voice matured?

they have just always played pretty "standard" setlists. it's probably just what their preference is - who knows why... I would guess that they think more people will enjoy the show that way and maybe it makes it easier to have the same stage setup & video/lighting/lazers if they keep the majority of songs the same.

I do not think it's the record label telling them to do it. and i don't think it's b/c of matt's voice - he has sung microcuts not too long ago and it sounded just fine. the only song I know where he suggested the piano is "too hard" for a live show b/c he may mess up is Exo part II.

They have played hoodoo live, but honestly I thought the album version was better. They won't play it this tour.

Archived