i was thinking the exact same thing, but sadly no :(

word. the crowd was straight catatonic until the encore. matt was trying to urge the crowd into singing for TIRO and PiB but it was just pathetic.

still an awesome show... it is muse, after all :-)

also props to the people on matt's rail moving their flashing goggles back and forth to the slow section of unnatural selection

I was way up in the 400 section, and looking down on everything. Almost all of the crowd was on their feet the entire show. The screaming/singing was deafening. I've been to many many shows at Honda Center, and Muse fans were by far loudest I've ever heard. The entire floor was moving and dancing and jumping. Even the people in the top sections were up and dancing almost the whole night. It was my first Muse show, and I loved it. The lighting and lasers were amazing.

the marriage proposal was very sweet.

:LOL: at matt saying "good luck" :LOL:

I know, right? :p I loved that part! Matt sounded so skeptical/slightly bitter when he said that. :LOL:

By the way, y'all, I have a bunch of great quality vids and pictures that I can post after class today. :happy:

Oh, one question... did anyone succeed in meeting the band? I was walking around the stadium after the show and I saw a limo with license plate # RODEO 21 leaving the parking lot pretty quickly, I'm assuming that was them...?

I would've kicked you in the tender spots for any of your attempts. :phu:

You were the one that grabbed my hand in the middle of KoC? Glad the chick behind me tossed your hat. ;)

Don't worry, my brother and I were ready to throw down for ya! We're happy-go-lucky people; that is until people begin to mess with that happiness :mad:.

Ohhhhh it was so awesome last night. And I got a setlist from the lovely camera man on chris' side. He was awesome! All smiles and rocking out. :D Setlist and hullaballoon

Whew, less than 5 hours of sleep two days in a row, but at least by this point, I can grasp the magnitude of last night.

I had barrier in front of Matt all night, and the crowd got pretty intense toward the front of the pit at points. Like, there were points where a few of us boardies were literally jumping by force due to everyone in such close proximity doing the same. Pretty cool actually. I can't speak for the rest of the crowd in the arena since I was too busy rocking out to give a crap about them, but Matt's side got pretty fired up.

Setlist was average, and I was really holding out for RBS given the previous night's appearance, but you know what? They pulled it off with some fucking style. This may be more of a testament to Muse's live greatness, but for my first time seeing the tower set-up, I was satisfied.

Also, apparently I wasn't hearing things when I secretly overheard security talk about MK Ultra on the setlist, then? Don't know why they'd get a separate setlist, but whatever.

I really wish we could get a setlist like they did 3 years ago at the forum. Where we got a setlist that was as long as that years Wembly setlist.

Those extra 3 songs really allow for more rarities, heck even some songs off Abso would be nice (RBS, B&H).

Here's to hopefully getting a OOS rarity in LA night 1 or 2.

Don't worry, my brother and I were ready to throw down for ya! We're happy-go-lucky people; that is until people begin to mess with that happiness :mad:.

Ohhhhh it was so awesome last night. And I got a setlist from the lovely camera man on chris' side. He was awesome! All smiles and rocking out. :D Setlist and hullaballoon

So then MKU wasn't on their setlist. Why'd they lie to security?

Yeah setlist was predictable, but honestly I dont care, that entire venue was loud as crap and i was pumped.

Also, that was my first time seeing Passion Pit - in fact I just started listening to them only a few days prior to the gig in hopes of recognizing some songs. They tore it up man!! Awesome opening act! I'm not sure if there are any crazy passion pit fans out there - but does anyone know the names of some of the songs they played?

Maybe they hated venue security as much as we did! :awesome:

near the end of the show I could feel myself getting dizzy and weak, so I motioned to the security guard in front of me that I seriously needed some water, and all he said to me was that I had to get out if I wanted to drink. :stunned: I just stared at him and was like uhhh nevermind

:LOL: They couldn't have been worse than the security from MSG in March...I hope....

Depends. Did they threaten to take away your food and drinks in queue 2 hours before doors even opened? :rolleyes:

On the note of Passion Pit, they weren't as bad as I was expecting. I hate a lot of their songs on record (and like maybe 2 or 3), but at least their show was lively.

Depends. Did they threaten to take away your food and drinks in queue 2 hours before doors even opened? :rolleyes:

On the note of Passion Pit, they weren't as bad as I was expecting. I hate a lot of their songs on record (and like maybe 2 or 3), but at least their show was lively.

i know that was lame...but i was so grateful for security last night, after the nightmare that was phoenix. they were helpful (if overly so) and they gave people plenty of warning about when things would be changing. even though i got held up in the security check by a n00b who liked to hum along with the motion of moving his wand, i was still really happy.

the water issue seems pretty typical for shows i've seen here in the states. i don't think i've ever been to a show where security provided water. you're expected to shell out $5 or more for a bottle at concessions :rolleyes:

Archived