yeah but i'd expect what with shipping & packaging, plus the £50 transformer I'd probably spend as much on one off ebay with lots of bids anyway :D guess I'd better start saving then :p what switching options are there for stereo cabs etc. on the bassman btw? the one I played is always hooked to a 4x12 and thats by far enough

it only has a four ohm output

that last comment makes it sound like you're ashamed of your boss stuff! Why try and get as much custom gear as possible when in most cases, the boss stuff is fully acceptible! I think boss make great workhorse stuff - not usually too impressive when compared to others, but they do the job well! Why get rid of the compressor just cos a big muff is "cooler" cos, lets face it, the FF is SOOOOO 2006 and everyone who's ANYONE around here has a big muff these days! Compression and Fuzz arn't mutually exclusive you know (that means you are allowed to use both btw). Keep everything! :D

I'v got a PRS Soapbar and I'm basic at guitar, no doubt. I can play bits and pieces like the opening to New Born, TIRO, Starlight, Exo, Muscle Museum, Showbiz and a chunk of SMBH. Other notable things is Run by Snow Patrol and Otherside by R.H.C.P. I'm looking to either get lessons or keep stuck in on my own. I don't harbour HUGE ambitions for starting a band, but would like to be competent on stage if I ever choose to, small style.

Was just wondering if anyone could recommend pedals or effects to play about with, and give a more "enjoyable" sound to play with... something thats not amp-given overdrive or clean. I'm mostly aiming to play Muse stuff, so that's the effects I'm looking for. As I said, I'm not needing a band set-up, maybe just a multi-fx thing, or a few pedals. Can anyone recommend please.

that last comment makes it sound like you're ashamed of your boss stuff! Why try and get as much custom gear as possible when in most cases, the boss stuff is fully acceptible! I think boss make great workhorse stuff - not usually too impressive when compared to others, but they do the job well! Why get rid of the compressor just cos a big muff is "cooler" cos, lets face it, the FF is SOOOOO 2006 and everyone who's ANYONE around here has a big muff these days! Compression and Fuzz arn't mutually exclusive you know (that means you are allowed to use both btw). Keep everything! :D

Love to but can't afford it. My money was traded for an ipod and the rest, a custom pedal. Thats why i thought of selling suitable pedals.

well keep saving lol

They go for about £400-500 in the UK. :D

BARGAIN! :D

tbf I saw a uk site that was selling them for around £250 but it's still a mahoosive saving to get them imported directly from america. I need a job :stunned:

What is the Big Muff like in general? Does it cater for decent distortion? I don't want it for fuzz

well it's a fuzz pedal so, unlucky

What is the Big Muff like in general? Does it cater for decent distortion? I don't want it for fuzz, or maybe fuzz is better. I wana shift my compression sustainer and mega distortion for one. Worth it? Like people have said beofre... "why all the boss shit?"

i got a big muff a few weeks ago and i love it. am also currently building a fuzz face because i cant afford it, but i like them too.

definitely try and get a NYC/USA muff though if you're looking. theyre best.

try one out in the shops.. i dont think any of the videos of people playing it actually do it justice.

What is the Big Muff like in general? Does it cater for decent distortion? I don't want it for fuzz, or maybe fuzz is better. I wana shift my compression sustainer and mega distortion for one. Worth it? Like people have said beofre... "why all the boss shit?"

oh dear. it's just a fuzz box, can be picky about amps and only really has one sound......fucking ace for that super smooth filthy blues lead though :happy: and sounding like the end of the world when used to drive an overdriven amp even further :happy:

oh, today by the smashing pumpkins is probably the best recording of the big muff sound i've heard, also cherub rock by SP.

not too sure about that personally, ok the OD3 is a great workhorse pedal, but the other boss pedals I use are generally for weird effects that they shouldn't do, i'm hopefully replacing the tr2 for a catalinbread semaphore, but the person selling it to me haven't got in touch for a while, so i don't know what's going on there :'(

not too sure about that personally, ok the OD3 is a great workhorse pedal, but the other boss pedals I use are generally for weird effects that they shouldn't do, i'm hopefully replacing the tr2 for a catalinbread semaphore, but the person selling it to me haven't got in touch for a while, so i don't know what's going on there :'(

i think the boss delays are pretty decent.

go on, flame me for liking a digital delay. :LOL:

hmm, trying to remember inpedance maths: that means I can run 4x16 ohm/ 2x8 ohm cabs in a row, but none in stereo right? thats ok

Basically it's either one 4 ohm cab, two 2ohm cabs in series or two 8ohm cabs in parallel...

Remember that series adds up the ohmage and parallel halves it*.

*sort of ;)!

well it's a fuzz pedal so, unlucky

Yeah, but it's a great pedal. Like Haze said, for that lead tone it's awesome, and for a dirty drive sound and fuzz it's great too.

I need a bit of work on perfecting the amp/Muff settings still at the moment, i want it quite fuzzy but sharp still and with some depth/presence to it.

I'v got a PRS Soapbar and I'm basic at guitar, no doubt. I can play bits and pieces like the opening to New Born, TIRO, Starlight, Exo, Muscle Museum, Showbiz and a chunk of SMBH. Other notable things is Run by Snow Patrol and Otherside by R.H.C.P. I'm looking to either get lessons or keep stuck in on my own. I don't harbour HUGE ambitions for starting a band, but would like to be competent on stage if I ever choose to, small style.

Was just wondering if anyone could recommend pedals or effects to play about with, and give a more "enjoyable" sound to play with... something thats not amp-given overdrive or clean. I'm mostly aiming to play Muse stuff, so that's the effects I'm looking for. As I said, I'm not needing a band set-up, maybe just a multi-fx thing, or a few pedals. Can anyone recommend please.

Going in town today, so any recommendations would be GREATLY apperciated.

Been told to get either "line6 pod xt live or boss gt8".

Can anyone suggest which is better, or tell me a cheaper alternitive. I'v heard about Zoom equipment, but it's 50% good, 50% bad.

i prefer the pod XT, as i found the modelling to be better and the distortions to sound better.

also i found the boss very hard to use, where to pod was easy to use.

I really reccomend a musicman SUB bass. If anyone is looking for a mid-priced bass, this is an excelent alternative to a Fender Jazz. Doesen't quite have the Stingray growl, but for the $400 I paid for it (used) its been fantastic.

I reccomend that every bassist use Monster Bass cables.

The electro-harmonix bassballs is a pimp-ass pedal. Funky as hell.

i prefer the pod XT, as i found the modelling to be better and the distortions to sound better.

also i found the boss very hard to use, where to pod was easy to use.

Cheers :D

For someone who's never used anything like a pedal or and effects thing, would it be easy to use? Also unclear what it means by amp modelling? Does it mean it models the sound of the amp of choice, and makes your amp sound like it?:$

Also.. unclear if it lets you record things ONTO it.. or if it's possible to connect to the pc and record things through the pod XT onto the PC. Any info for a n00b would be muchos grandes

The whole paragraph is related to a pod XT btw

On a side note... I'm looking at a KP2... seeing as I'm a begginer, would I be just as well getting a KP1 as it's cheaper, or is the gap so vast, that it's not worth getting?

amp modelling is pretty much what you describe, but it won't exactly replicate the amp selected for two reasons: 1, no amount of modelling will get the absolute exact tone of a particular amp, and 2, your own amp will affect the sound output. as for recording using the podxt, I don't think you can do it but line6 do sell software (you can get either guitarport or rifftracker iirc) that you can put on your pc and record with, and you can use the podxt in conjunction with that to get effects and amp models and stuff like that. you can't record onto the pod itself though

uh, no offense meant, but do you actually know what a KP2 (or 1) actually does? They're NOT designed for guitar, and unless you did build it into your guitar, it'd be very hard to control! Im sure matt has a tech that changes the patches for him anyway! I think it's a VERY expensive way of making noise imho, and unless you're into techno type stuff, it won't get alot of use...

I read a thread where some people were discussing matts "magic pad" and that it "did something on invincible" but that was all they could come up with. That part of invincible isn't even played on the guitar! It's JUST the KP2 (plus maybe a synth, I don't remember). Even though it sounds awesome, I just think it'd be a waste of your money dude!

I know I've asked this before, but has anyone tried the little big muff? Worth getting? I can't be doing with a full sized muff :LOL:

Archived