Haha I saw that - so fucking cheeky! Apparently it'll be $100US when it's eventually released :eek: :eek: :eek: !

have you tried any of their recent pedals? the boss clones? just curious if they actually sound exactly the same as their counterparts...

ooh, any one tried the memory man clone yet? i want a MM bad but if the B version is any good (:S) then i could give that a go...

well, it runs on 9v and i doubt it'll use the bucket brigade chips, so probs a bit different, but it's a delay, so it should be cool for something if it's built to last.

i think palo tends to use his shredmaster and tubescreamer, haven't asked him about his setup for a while.

have you tried any of their recent pedals? the boss clones? just curious if they actually sound exactly the same as their counterparts...

I keep meaning to but my money's been all tied up in 'more important' things recently and I'm too busy to go to a shop :'(!

well, it runs on 9v and i doubt it'll use the bucket brigade chips, so probs a bit different, but it's a delay, so it should be cool for something if it's built to last.

i think palo tends to use his shredmaster and tubescreamer, haven't asked him about his setup for a while.

Has anyone announced it on this board or are you just a perfect anti-'omg link plzzz'-I don't know what google is-n00b? *tickles haze's balls* ;)

Has anyone announced it on this board or are you just a perfect anti-'omg link plzzz'-I don't know what google is-n00b? *tickles haze's balls* ;)

check the random thread ;)

i'm too busy looking at these sansamp things to google other stuff :p

i like it when you do that :happy:

I've narrowed my choices down to an Orange 4x12, a Soldano 4x12, or a Marshall 1960AX 4x12.

What do you lot think I should go for?....I'd be running a Marshall 6100LM or an Orange rocker 30 through these most of the time.

about time I should recommend something....

Orange rocker 30 -

The good: Probably my favorite amp (OK, it's a tie between this and the Mesa Mark I). This amp is incredible, even though the clean channel only has a volume control and NOTHING else, it's perfect..and I'm pretty picky about tone. It's fucking loud as well, it could easily do a gig...although the dirty channel seems louder than the clean channel. The dirty channel can go from slight overdrive to brutal distortion..it's like a Marshall on steroids.

The bad: It's really expensive (over here anyway).

How is that stupid?

in many cases, vintage amps can be better than new ones...I just prefer the vintage ones, because of reliability, tone, build quality, etc..

Still, there are LOTS of great new amps.

no i mean the ones that are priced recidulously because OMG SRV USED IT!

id go for the orange 4x12. i have the rockerverb 100 head and own both the marshall and orange quads and the orange sounds way better in my opinion, however most of the people i see using an orange amp prefer the marshall, maybe a grunt factor.

I've narrowed my choices down to an Orange 4x12, a Soldano 4x12, or a Marshall 1960AX 4x12.

What do you lot think I should go for?....I'd be running a Marshall 6100LM or an Orange rocker 30 through these most of the time.

Orange rocker 30 -

The good: Probably my favorite amp (OK, it's a tie between this and the Mesa Mark I). This amp is incredible, even though the clean channel only has a volume control and NOTHING else, it's perfect..and I'm pretty picky about tone. It's fucking loud as well, it could easily do a gig...although the dirty channel seems louder than the clean channel. The dirty channel can go from slight overdrive to brutal distortion..it's like a Marshall on steroids.

can't say i would recommend the soldano, when i was trying out my amp, it was put through a soldano cab and it just didn't sound quite 'there', but as i was desperate for an amp at the time and thought the ac30 i could have got was a bit of a risk. anyway, got it home, stuck it through the orange and it sounded much better.

if you can get the marshall cab with a couple of v30's in it, you'll have an awesome cab, it's what i use at the studio at college.

Orange rocker 30 -

bogner 412. if you cant get that get an orange i guess.

What do those cost and what speakers do they have?

can't say i would recommend the soldano, when i was trying out my amp, it was put through a soldano cab and it just didn't sound quite 'there', but as i was desperate for an amp at the time and thought the ac30 i could have got was a bit of a risk. anyway, got it home, stuck it through the orange and it sounded much better.

if you can get the marshall cab with a couple of v30's in it, you'll have an awesome cab, it's what i use at the studio at college.

ok then. if I can find an older one with V30's, it might be worth trying though.

yeah soldanos use eminence speakers.

bogner cabs are about 1k to 1.1k in the US. Im looking at getting their v30 cab for my triamp and the uberkab (two G12T-75s and two v30s in an X shape) for my jcm800 2205.

at least $1000 for a 4x12?

I'm not so sure about that...are they custom made?

can anyone recommend me some 12AX7s for my classic 30? I'm after a warmish vintage tone that breask up nicely. I always have it on the "lead" channel (which is really just all 3 preamp tubes, whereas "normal" doesn't have the 2nd tube.) And usually it's set to just on the point of breaking up so it distorts well, but stays pretty clean. I don't often fiddle with it in a gig, so I want something that is driven well. Looking at replacing the stock Sovteks.

I was looking at the JJ teslas, but considering the tung sols too (although with all the problems people have been having with theirs in their marshalls recently, its worth questioning the tubes ;) )

Never done a retube before, so no idea what would be good or bad, and if i NEED to get the most expensive tubes I can find to get the best sound. What do people usually stick in AC30s?

Any point at all in a poweramp retube? there isn't anything wrong with it, jsut wondered if it would significantly increase my tone?

can anyone recommend me some 12AX7s for my classic 30? I'm after a warmish vintage tone that breask up nicely. I always have it on the "lead" channel (which is really just all 3 preamp tubes, whereas "normal" doesn't have the 2nd tube.) And usually it's set to just on the point of breaking up so it distorts well, but stays pretty clean. I don't often fiddle with it in a gig, so I want something that is driven well. Looking at replacing the stock Sovteks.

I was looking at the JJ teslas, but considering the tung sols too (although with all the problems people have been having with theirs in their marshalls recently, its worth questioning the tubes ;) )

Never done a retube before, so no idea what would be good or bad, and if i NEED to get the most expensive tubes I can find to get the best sound. What do people usually stick in AC30s?

Any point at all in a poweramp retube? there isn't anything wrong with it, jsut wondered if it would significantly increase my tone?

about the poweramp: it depends how good yours are at the moment, but some tubes can give you different EQ.. e.g. my new poweramp tubes are much stronger (and cleaner) in the bass range, which is nice and powerful.

hmm, it does lack abit of bass, but would it be better to try out the preamps first, as I might end up with a spare set of power tubes that are perfectly good if I did the whole thing. Just wondered if there was any advantage of replacing all at once...I know that replacing the preamp tubes with the same tubes will enhance the characteristics of that tube, perhaps it works with the pre and power sections?

Erm...

for a C30, I would get these

pre amp - tung sol 12AX7's (or chinese 12AX7's if you're not sure about the tung sols) and a balanced electro harmonix 12AX7 for the phase inverter

power amp - electro harmonix EL-84's.

stay away from JJ's!! In my opinion, their pre amp tubes are very muddy, and their EL-84's are too treble-y.

also, I've bought several tung sol 12AX7's for different amps of mine, and I haven't had a problem. just buy them from a place that tests them. (as you would do with every other tube, I hope!)

one other thing, if you want a vintage sound, don't get electro harmonix 12AX7's...these are better for high gain rather than a warm vintage sound.

as I said, I would get it for the phase inverter, as these tubes are low microphonic and they just do this extremely well.

:)

pre amp - tung sol 12AX7's (or chinese 12AX7's if you're not sure about the tung sols)

i would reccomend not to get chinese tubes.. when i took my amp to get them fitted and biased with tung sols, the guy said to me "at least theyre not chinese!".

and by the way, i am not having problems with my tung sols, i am having problems because im too stupid to stop my amp from overheating because i put clothes over the vents, and now i need fuses.

afaik my tubes are still fine (hopefully)

Archived