noap but if you like it, go for it. If I actually got to try out the guitar I wanted (rare these days) I wouldn't be asking for opinions online, I'd use my own judgment

So I shouldn't be asking about the quality of a product, in this case a very cheap guitars that are prone to be shite, online then?

Squier Telecasters are hardly my (or anyones) dream guitars. I intended to use it only as a back up in case of my american telecaster would break a string on stage and use it for only as long as it takes my tech to change the string.

Sorry for wasting your time Cheddar, carry on.

:chuckle:

I'm glad you took my advice son. I wish you could say the same about your old man here, as I took your advice and I still don't have my amp. icon_aufsmaul.gif

But then you're just giving people bad advice. After all, you suggested the bridge magician to Bs, and just look what happened.

The ridiculous part of me keeps thinking if I sell Hayden and Blackstar I could just about afford a Kemper

EDIT: Keep seeing Kemper rack units for £1000 on Facebook ahh. That, a Liquid Foot+ 12 and an expression pedal for whammy and my TU2 would be lovely

although then I need more stuff to get whammy linked to expression pedal. Money money money. I shall pursue this dream by buying scratchcards

• 2 months later...

I'm looking into getting a new laptop in a few months and I'd like to know what you guys would recommend. I plan on doing music production for bands next summer so I know lots of RAM and a good soundcard would be required. Personally, I'd like to avoid Apple products as I think they're a bit out of my range (<€900) but if they're the best by a country mile then I'd look into them.

Any suggestions?

I'm glad you took my advice son. I wish you could say the same about your old man here, as I took your advice and I still don't have my amp. icon_aufsmaul.gif

But then you're just giving people bad advice. After all, you suggested the bridge magician to Bs, and just look what happened.

Did I really? Oops... :$

Only just saw that! :LOL:

Mac Mini Dave? There's some new ones coming out soon so you should be able to hunt some decent deals for the current ones, which still can have pretty good specs

I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for. I'd have to bring a monitor around with me and that seems the defeat the purpose.

I'll look to see if there are any macbook pros going cheap used. Is there any particular models I should avoid or anything to look out for?

Assuming you're not going pro level you could get away with an i5 and HDD. SSD will greatly increase software loading speed but you're paying about 10x more than you would for the same storage space, which is also important when storing files. Also if you're not going with Apple make sure to keep build quality in mind.

MacBook Pro i7 processor, away least 4GB ram, ssd drive if you can. I got my MacBook with 8GB ram for £800 a few years ago

Assuming you're not going pro level you could get away with an i5 and HDD. SSD will greatly increase software loading speed but you're paying about 10x more than you would for the same storage space, which is also important when storing files. Also if you're not going with Apple make sure to keep build quality in mind.

Thanks guys :)

for those of you who are big on pedals and have pedalboards etcetera, what brand pedal board do you use? my number of pedals has started to fast outgrow the size i have on my board and i'm wondering whether to shell out the $300 for a pedaltrain or if there's anything better i could look at, i was considering maybe trying to find a two tiered board and making use of a GigRig quartermaster effects looper or something

for those of you who are big on pedals and have pedalboards etcetera, what brand pedal board do you use? my number of pedals has started to fast outgrow the size i have on my board and i'm wondering whether to shell out the $300 for a pedaltrain or if there's anything better i could look at, i was considering maybe trying to find a two tiered board and making use of a GigRig quartermaster effects looper or something

Diago. Bs has two of these pedalboards, but I've been trying to get him to buy a third one

• 1 month later...

Hi! suggestion for distortion pedals for high gain sound? i already have Xotic SL drive, but its a SUperlead in a box so its kinda low to med gain. i use it for my zeppelin wannabe riffs. hehe

i kinda thinking of box of metal or amptweaker tight metal or boss products will do also.

my setup is ZVex Fuzz factory - Vox Wah - Xotic SL drive

im a muse/led zeppelin/Jrock/Marty friedman fan. :D

Hi! suggestion for distortion pedals for high gain sound? i already have Xotic SL drive, but its a SUperlead in a box so its kinda low to med gain. i use it for my zeppelin wannabe riffs. hehe

i kinda thinking of box of metal or amptweaker tight metal or boss products will do also.

my setup is ZVex Fuzz factory - Vox Wah - Xotic SL drive

im a muse/led zeppelin/Jrock/Marty friedman fan. :D

Any particular sounds you're after?

i havent tried any high gain distortion yet. i want to try mt-2 or metal core but its like everybody is against it. haha.

as for the sounds. maybe live versions of uprising. its the diezel right?

I have heard both of these in a the flesh, trust me, everybody is against them for a reason...

It's had to say, Matt is using Kempers live now and before that he was running 3 or 4 amps.

What amp do you have?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't particularly want to part with it because I really like the sound of it but I'm probably going to sell my Blackstar HT-20 combo due to it being really heavy and even though it's only 20 watts, I never really get the opportunity to crank it. I'd like to invest in a head and a cab since I'm hoping to use it for gigging soon, doing post-rock stuff. If I do sell it, I'll probably be looking to spend around £400 but could probably stretch to a bit more if necessary. Anyone got any good recommendations?

Archived