Yeah you'd need a VH4 to profile. What about that Zerrer pedal thing (or whatever it was called) that Diezel announced at NAAM? Pretty sure that was meant to sound like channel 3 on the VH4

That crossed my mind as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Sdj2itYrY

1:10

It might just be how he has it dialed in, but it sounds more towards a Marshall type sound than VH4 channel 3.

channel 3 on the VH4 is just a massive lower-mid heavy sound. It really punches you in the chest.

I think this is a good example of what it sounds like, but being in the same room as the amp and watching it knock stuff off the shelf is a bit different!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XxeiIdCLVk

• 4 weeks later...
do you mean like a head amp? Or a normal amp?

Do you want any colour from it or just volume? What cab are you using?

Sorry I don't understand your first question, I just want volume from it and I'll be using it with a 2x12. Cheers

Sorry I don't understand your first question,

Go back a page to understand the lols

I just want volume from it and I'll be using it with a 2x12. Cheers

If it's purely volume, you just need any old power amp that'll fit the impedance and power rating of your cab, which is why I asked what the cab is.

Go back a page to understand the lols

If it's purely volume, you just need any old power amp that'll fit the impedance and power rating of your cab, which is why I asked what the cab is.

Well I haven't got a cab yet but it will probably be a Marshall 2x12 so that's 8ohm.

Can anyone throw out some names of good flexible phasers that I can look into. Would like to be able to control rate, depth, and ideally some kind of dry/wet balance. Have an EHX Small Stone at the moment, which I can't really complain about given that I got it for £30, but the lack of flexibility and super wide sweeping range means I don't really use it much. More options to be able to get the sound I want would be great, so if there's any recommendations out there of some of the best, that would be good. Going to try and see if I can tweak a few things when I get back to try and get the most out of everything.

Can anyone throw out some names of good flexible phasers that I can look into. Would like to be able to control rate, depth, and ideally some kind of dry/wet balance. Have an EHX Small Stone at the moment, which I can't really complain about given that I got it for £30, but the lack of flexibility and super wide sweeping range means I don't really use it much. More options to be able to get the sound I want would be great, so if there's any recommendations out there of some of the best, that would be good. Going to try and see if I can tweak a few things when I get back to try and get the most out of everything.

Phase 100 comes to mind, there's also the Whetstone Phaser or offerings from Diamond and Empress - any of those (especially the last three) should satisfy all of those stipulations.

Phase 100 comes to mind, there's also the Whetstone Phaser or offerings from Diamond and Empress - any of those (especially the last three) should satisfy all of those stipulations.

Cheers, will look into them - any similar tremolo suggestions? Have an Stereo Pulsar at the moment which isn't bad, but it can be a bit awkward from time to time. EHX have a habit of putting the useable sounds in about 10-20% of the knob sweep, which makes trying to get precisely what you want in those small margins a bit of a pain. May as well throw the option out there to see if there's any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I find that most interfaces these days seem to come with built in pre-amps. I don't really need pre-amps. What I do need is as many analogue inputs as possible, minimum 16, with the possibility to expand further. USB, FW, PCI would all be fine.

I have a Tascam US1800 at the moment and you can't have more than one plugged in at the same time, which is sh*te.

Can you recommend me an interface under £500 to fit the bill? I would prefer to buy second hand if it can save me money

• 5 weeks later...

Hey lads.

I am looking at suitable backups for my telecaster. I had set my sights on the Classic vibe Squier (change out the pups and the tuners) but so far I havent found a copy I like.

As I was wandering around one of the local guitarstores around I found a Schecter tele. Now, I was expecting it to have a reverse headstock and an active emg in it but no, it looked and sounded quite decent (albeit more expensive than the Squier).

Does anyone have any experience of these telecaster look-a-likes, be it Schacter or Vintage or whatever.

Ta !

Archived