And SO glad they made the dedication to little Bell!!

Matt... you did a good thing!!! And the song you dedicated to Bell was PERFECT. I was truly touched that you kept this family in mind tonight.

What a FANTASTIC concert. Thank you for the special Denver setlist. And for TWOOOOO encores! We feel special!!!

Nah, it's not a second encore. They just finished the riffs, that's all :LOL:

0. We Are The Universe

1. Exogenesis : Symphony Part I (Overture)

2. Map of the Problematique

3. Knights of Cydonia

4. Uprising

5. Supermassive Black Hole

6. Hysteria

7. Nishe + United States of Eurasia

8. Feeling Good

9. MK Jam + Undisclosed Desires

10. Resistance

11. Starlight

12. Time Is Running Out

13. Unnatural Selection

---

14. Plug In Baby

15. Stockholm Syndrome

16. Take A Bow

0. We Are The Universe

1. Exogenesis : Symphony Part I (Overture)

2. Map of the Problematique

NEEDS VIDEO! NOW! :eek:

I would have loved to have been a part of that, for the confusion alone!!

And TaB as a closer :'(:eek:!! I was just discussing Muse set closers with my friends tonight, and TaB got the most votes in our discussion group. I say it's a better opener, but I love seeing it shake KoC out of its stagnant position. YES!

Thank you for the special Denver setlist. And for TWOOOOO encores! We feel special!!!

it wasn't really two encores... it just took them a minute to get ready for take a bow. maybe I shouldn't say that, so you can feel like it was 2 encores in your mind and be happier =P

TO BE CLEAR...

there was no WatU... they opened w/ Exo 1 right away. Curtains dropped when the vocals came in.

That would be interesting to see. So Dom wasn't on tympani? Or was it in the tower with him at the beginning? Or did they have Morgan do it? Did he fly up to his tower position? Need video! :LOL:

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0mAB7_aUo

thanks!!

back home.

It was a great show. I haven't looked at a recap of the setlist yet, but we probably got about 15 or 16 songs, right?

What makes up 40% of the show experience for me, personally, is how good the crowd is. ..

the guys had good energy and at the end dom said something like "thanks guys, sorry we were 6 months late" :LOL:

So true. Sacramento had neither crowd (except for the core of the pit of course) nor band energy. The seat people were pretty still. Lots of parents or curiosity seekers it felt like. From the band's viewpoint it couldn't have been very exciting.

Good to hear you got good energy. Thanks for all who tweeted and will be reporting. Living vicariously thru you. Don't think Sacramento/NM will get a redemption tour :)

That was so amazing!! :awesome: It was totally worth waiting an extra 6 months for. I was on the barrier and had so much fun.

I was really pleased to hear Matt dedicate Starlight to Bell. That song seemed so beautiful tonight.

The setlist changes definitely confused me, after the first few songs I had no idea what to expect! I'm assuming it was a more interesting sexyplane tonight.

That would be interesting to see. So Dom wasn't on tympani? Or was it in the tower with him at the beginning? Or did they have Morgan do it? Did he fly up to his tower position? Need video! :LOL:

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0mAB7_aUo

thanks!!

Loved the opening! That's beautifully blended in.

EDIT: The standard WATU and Uprising wasn't bad, just lost it's impact after 10000000 repeat performances.

Sorry about the delay, had to grab a bite to eat and then plug in my computer when I got back to the Hotel.

I am still stunned that Matt dedicated Starlight to Bell. (Bellamy) I'm reading back through the pages, sorry the story confused everyone. Here's a link if you missed it:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=78506

As for the story as to how it got to the band...

I'm not sure to this moment. I contacted management via email. I contacted the pepsi center. My wife grabbed two roadies outside the pepsi center and handed them the story in print. I got ahold of a roadie on the floor, etc. and on and on. Someone got them the story. We worked on it for the last 36 hours or so, but I don't think it was our effort as much as it was the story. A dedication to a friend or a happy birthday is, while special, not that unique. This story, if you knew the sad details, was heart wrenching. It's bad enough to lose a child, but this was more awful than most situations. This is going to mean so much to the family Bell left behind. I think that spoke to the person or persons who got this to Muse.

Here is the note I sent off to her mother less than an hour ago: (I'm going to call her tomorrow, but it's almost 2 am in Kansas.)

"Chad and joy, thank you so much for the tickets to Muse tonight. The show was incredible, one of the best I've seen.

I (we) wanted to honor the memory of your daughter in some way on this trip. A very long story made short, we were able to get a note to Matthew Bellamy. (yes, THAT Bellamy.)

He dedicated starlight to Bell, in front of 15,000 fans. It was beautiful, uplifting, and perfect. I was fortunate to catch video of the whole thing, and will share it with you all when we get to marysville.

It's a small thing compared to your loss, but know that tonight the crowd, the band, and thousands following the band online know your baby's story and strength."

Thanks everyone for your support. While this was a bittersweet concert for me, it was still so inspiring. A great night to be remembered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCFq1uYNRM

Epicness. With a little bit of Map. This is why the need a more reliable method of dropping the curtains :D

God that is fucking cool. Something tells me it'll go back to the same old after tonight. I really wouldn't mind though, because this gig was probably customized for Denver for having had to wait so long.

I'm a lot jealous! Like what did we do to get the poor relation treatment? Sandwiched between two landmark shows. Well at least you were at one of them - tbh the more awesome of the two!

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. But the bitter taste of Sacramento is overpowering. I still have Voodoo left. I hope something energizing happens at that one.

No, but he did wear the neon-blue glasses and shined his beacon guitar in everyone's faces. I also loved the giant eyeballs falling from the sky on first encore.

Nice!!! It sounds like it was a very fun gig! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Archived