Who: MUSE (Special Guests: Passion Pit)

When: October 2nd, 2010

Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO

Why: This is the rescheduled show from April 6th

Dear Muse Member,

As you know, due to weather the show on 4/6 has been postponed and moved to the Pepsi Center on October, 2nd 2010.

Your original tickets for the show at 1st Bank Arena WILL NOT be valid for exchange nor will they be accepted at the Pepsi Center.

We'll make up for it on October the 2nd in Denver, we promise!

Denver's MUSE Concert Facebook Group

musden3.png

Unbelievably disappointed. I travelled 500 miles to see this show. The only upside is that I HOPE they will let us select the setlist like they are for the European summer shows.

I really hope the Silversun Pickups are still on the tour. I downloaded their CD recently and I've grown to really love it. I was looking forward to seeing them tonight.

Thanks for making the new thread. I remember when the Odeum thread first started, and I started counting down the months until the concert. Well, guess I have to start all over again. Six more months...

The hope of a great setlist is a silver lining I guess.

Thanks for making the new thread. I remember when the Odeum thread first started, and I started counting down the months until the concert. Well, guess I have to start all over again. Six more months...

The hope of a great setlist is a silver lining I guess.

I know, right? It's like the movie Groundhogs Day.

The good news is that the time between the original concert announcement and today went by amazingly fast. Even though the new show isn't until October, the way things are going? It'll be here in a flash.

I have my twitter account linked to my phone and Ive never experienced so many text messages at one time, they sent like 7 within a span of a minute or so. Bummer about the show though, at least they promised to make it up to those who were attending.

It's just...the Pepsi Center?? I was all ready to be front row at tonight's concert. I hope it's still possible on the 2nd, with it being a Saturday and all.:indiff:

Yeah, I'm definitely not excited for it being at the Pepsi Center. Terrible soundsystem unless you're right at the front. Hopefully, our advance exchange will mollify that problem.

Yeah, I'm definitely not excited for it being at the Pepsi Center. Terrible soundsystem unless you're right at the front. Hopefully, our advance exchange will mollify that problem.

Yeah, I just want (this is gonna sound selfish...but's it's freaking MUSE!!) that the people with floor seats are still guaranteed floor seats.

I think that if there was any gig that I'd get to overseas now this one would be top of my list, I'm really hopeful for the people who missed out tonight that they remember their promise and make this one really really special.

Glad to see the new thread for us Denver folks, let the countdown begin! I'm confident Muse will hold up their end of the bargain and deliver us a special show with a great setlist. Just bummed as I sit here and type this I should be at our show (damn weather!). :)

Lots of emotions this evening. First the mass disappointment over the show being canceled, then the excitement of it being at the Pepsi Center (so we get the full stage production), then the realization that the Pepsi Center has awful sound, to finally hoping Muse really treats us to a very special setlist. I hope it's not just b.s.

Ugh, and I was actually really happy about seeing them in a smaller venue. Pepsi Center is just going to be cold and generic. I wish their second leg of the US tour would start in August or September, that way they'd end up at Red Rocks (DROOL)

Pepsi Center is just going to be cold and generic. I wish their second leg of the US tour would start in August or September, that way they'd end up at Red Rocks (DROOL)

Personally I don't like red rocks either - the rows feel so far apart and it also feels like a "cold" environment to me. It LOOKS beautiful and the sound is decent, but for a muse show I want to be packed in with the fans with everyone jumping around. Last red rocks show people were kinda tame and the energy was lacking in the crowd.

just my opinion. and pepsi center.. sigh, anywayz, what can we do.. nothing now. it is what it is. I am debating between the pepsi center show and going to ACL now.

Thx for the new thread. We were totally bummed, Like others I was excited to see them in a small arena. But hey! They Promised to make it up to us! Lets hope they dont dissapoint!!

:LOL: I bet they just wanted to go Skiing, and were too embarrased to tell us the truth!:LOL:

First, let me just state I don't blame the band for this one bit. But I am believably disappointed and imho this was not unavoidable. I cannot for the life of me think why the tour manager would route them on I-70 when the forecasts had been calling for bad weather for days prior. There is a much safer and easier way to get from SLC to Denver and it doesn't include going over any mountain passes. I am also disappointed it took so long for promoter and tour manager to make the decision to cancel the show. If the guys were stuck in Vail it was known much earlier than 3 o'clock that the show would be happen. The guys might want to seriously consider getting new tour management after this fiasco.

And to me, for all intents and purposes this show was canceled as opposed to "postponed." The Pepsi Center date was going to be in addition to the 1stbank show so we would have actually had 2 shows this year. I'm not sure playing a venue more than twice the size of 1stbank Center (6500 vs 18000) is going to make up for missing last night's "intimate" show especially since I was almost assured of a great spot right in front of Matthew.

What I lost (time, $, effort) was very little compared to some of the people in line yesterday and I truly hope something can be done to adequately compensate them.

We'll just have to wait and see in October.

And to me, for all intents and purposes this show was canceled as opposed to "postponed." The Pepsi Center date was going to be in addition to the 1stbank show so we would have actually had 2 shows this year. I'm not sure playing a venue more than twice the size of 1stbank Center (6500 vs 18000) is going to make up for missing last night's "intimate" show especially since I was almost assured of a great spot right in front of Matthew.

I agree with this so much. I was thinking last night how we were probably cheated out of seeing them twice in Denver. Since the 1stBank show sold out so quick, I am sure they were kicking themselves over the fact that they should have booked the Pepsi Center in the first place. I guess they get their chance now.

I too was looking forward to the intimacy of the venue. Oh well, hopefully MUSE isn't just giving us lip service and they truly do intend on giving us a special show in October. I love them and all, but I seriously doubt it'll be any different than the previous night or the following night, wherever that may be.

True, they should never have been routed through Vail pass, but they were. Someone wasn't thinking. But, it is what it is. I bet they're just as frustrated and disappointed, having unintentionally disappointed a lot of people. For any of us who have ever been stuck on Vail pass, we know it sucks. I doubt they were having a great evening either. I would have so loved the opportunity to see them live for the first time in a small venue, but I still think it'll be amazing at the Pepsi center. Yes it's bigger than 1st bank but anyone who's seen the wembley dvd has to admit Muse can put on one hell of a show in larger venues. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic show. They'll make it up to us.

First, let me just state I don't blame the band for this one bit. But I am believably disappointed and imho this was not unavoidable. I cannot for the life of me think why the tour manager would route them on I-70 when the forecasts had been calling for bad weather for days prior. There is a much safer and easier way to get from SLC to Denver and it doesn't include going over any mountain passes. I am also disappointed it took so long for promoter and tour manager to make the decision to cancel the show. If the guys were stuck in Vail it was known much earlier than 3 o'clock that the show would be happen. The guys might want to seriously consider getting new tour management after this fiasco.

agree w/ everything. it sucksssss. sigh

Archived