:musesign: virginity broken! After nine months of waiting!

I was in section 148, with the stage about 50 feet to the diagonal right of me. I was happy to find out that when they were on the pillars, they were at about the same height as me. :)

Amazing night. Amazing setlist. Amazing crowd. My highlights were: the first song played being MotP (:eek:), the GA section being insane, the stunning video images on the pillars, the mirror guitar (kind of) passing over me, the 4 ft diameter eyeball balloons filled with red confetti dropping down, and Matt's epic blue sunglasses.

Half the awesomeness of the show, however, was hanging out with the fellow Muse fans I met.

After the show, my brother and I found the techie buses and several other people who were hoping that Muse would come out. We couldn't hang out near the band buses because the area was "private property" (as said by the various security guards), so about 20 of us ended up hanging out by the 12th and Chopper intersection for about 2 1/2 hours. Our numbers dwindled to 11, the security wouldn't tell us whether Muse had left, and it was so cold outside that my fingers started to go numb. Long story short, we never ended up meeting Muse.

Still, it was one of the best nights of my life. I got to meet an awesome fan named Emily (who sat behind me during the show, and left afterwards), a U2 fan named Liesl who has moved pretty much all over the country (and had the prettiest hair color and dress ever), a couple who earn points by staying the entire night with us, and an Elly Jackson impersonator who was absolutely hilarious. If any of you guys are out there, I'm the girl who looks like Charlyne Yi from Knocked Up :p.

I'm glad you guys in the sexy plane had fun, too. Hopefully, Muse keeps this up for all the shows (or at least changes the setlist a little). It was a great night for me, too, and it's nice seeing which fora members are from Colorado.

I should also stop lurking in the fora so much and start posting. I think my post count is like, five. :LOL:

I was wondering if maybe they skipped Newborn at this show out of respect for Bell. Just a thought. This show was top notch, by the way, and I'm glad I could make the trip with my wife. Left the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's house and pretended we were 10 years younger. :)

I am new here and was at the concert last night. WOW! They are phenomenal live (first concert of theirs I have ever been to)! I have a few pics to share. Sorry they aren't that great of quality but you get the idea. I have some film to develop (just a little disposable camera). Will post those too if any are good. Wish I could see them again right now! *sigh* I heart them :)

33644_487106470568_700400568_7267716_1403199_n.jpg

39452_487104855568_700400568_7267665_7961068_n.jpg

46311_487105785568_700400568_7267693_6024026_n.jpg

62948_487103840568_700400568_7267655_2965379_n.jpg

The last pic is not mine - from FB, but here is the setlist. And yes, they played 2 encores (note the underlined titles):

33764_439811199403_522304403_4836387_6199110_n.jpg

I was wondering if maybe they skipped Newborn at this show out of respect for Bell. Just a thought.

I remember when we went to the Teenage Cancer Trust gig at the Royal Albert Hall, there were a few people saying there was no way they would play TIRO, not with terminal cancer sufferers in the audience. Obviously they did play it as the song wasn't written to hurt these people.

Looking at the setlist above it looks as though they never were going to play it, they didn't play it at the second Wembley gig so maybe it's gradually being dropped.

The last pic is not mine - from FB, but here is the setlist. And yes, they played 2 encores (note the underlined titles):

33764_439811199403_522304403_4836387_6199110_n.jpg

LOL. That is my wife's pic. We grabbed the setlist from the awesome sound guy. Fantastic show and totally worth the 13 hour drive for the reschedule from earlier in the year! :D

I remember when we went to the Teenage Cancer Trust gig at the Royal Albert Hall, there were a few people saying there was no way they would play TIRO, not with terminal cancer sufferers in the audience. Obviously they did play it as the song wasn't written to hurt these people.

Looking at the setlist above it looks as though they never were going to play it, they didn't play it at the second Wembley gig so maybe it's gradually being dropped.

:eek: that makes me a little sad. i personally LOVE new born. i know they play it ALL THE TIME, but it makes me happy and .... i digress. you get my point.

LOL. That is my wife's pic. We grabbed the setlist from the awesome sound guy. Fantastic show and totally worth the 13 hour drive for the reschedule from earlier in the year! :D

LUCKY!!! It WAS amazing, wasn't it? :)

p.s. I know where Marion is - we lived in Davenport for 7 years.

:eek: that makes me a little sad. i personally LOVE new born. i know they play it ALL THE TIME, but it makes me happy and .... i digress. you get my point.

It's lost a lot of it's epicness since Matt stopped playing the piano part. I don't know...the crowd used to go APESHIT when he stood up off his piano and started fiddling with his guitar. That just doesn't really happen now...

It's lost a lot of it's epicness since Matt stopped playing the piano part. I don't know...the crowd used to go APESHIT when he stood up off his piano and started fiddling with his guitar. That just doesn't really happen now...

This.

New Born has been pretty dull at all the gigs I've been to during this tour. It's really lame that they're playing with a clicktrack for it. But worst of all, it has been reduced to a lame clapalong which can only be compared to Starlight and Guiding Light.

This.

New Born has been pretty dull at all the gigs I've been to during this tour. It's really lame that they're playing with a clicktrack for it. But worst of all, it has been reduced to a lame clapalong which can only be compared to Starlight and Guiding Light.

They play a clicktrack throughout their entire show. :)

But New Born has been played at various speeds for several years, that was part of the charm. Now it's played at the exact same speed all the time.

Ah I gotya...

Yah, I like New Born, but it doesn't bug me at all it was dropped from our show. I saw it in Phoenix and that was good enough.

They play a clicktrack throughout their entire show. :)

Actually there were a few songs on the Wembley IEM recording that didn't have a clicktrack on them.

But New Born has been played at various speeds for several years, that was part of the charm. Now it's played at the exact same speed all the time.

Yeah. And usually those various speeds were a lot faster than it is now. It's really slow. I wouldn't go as far as say that I'd prefer TaB to New Born (I hate TaB as a closer), but I would definitely rather have MKU

I'm watching all the songs currently on youtube, awesome setlist :D

A couple of the notes sound really really off though.. at one point during MoTP, once during hysteria(I think), maybe once during Uprising, and once during UD. I wonder what was goin' on? :/

I think you watched the same videos I did - did these videos get most of the concert? I think that was just a camera problem. :p

I'm watching all the songs currently on youtube, awesome setlist :D

A couple of the notes sound really really off though.. at one point during MoTP, once during hysteria(I think), maybe once during Uprising, and once during UD. I wonder what was goin' on? :/

I'm fairly certain those were my videos you watched (ModernDayBuddha). I did notice that the sound was off every hear and there on the videos. Totally either a camera problem, or perhaps something to do with how the sound was resonating from where I was standing. Either way, it definitely wasn't Muse. haha. I think I'll put a notice on the descriptions of the videos to explain the sound problems. :)

This is very common problem with microphones and sound recording. Especially in this kind of environment. One possible answer is the Doppler effect. Think of the ice cream truck music as it goes by, or the fire truck, it sounds like it is "bending." This is called the Doppler effect. If you are in a large arena and the sound is bouncing off surfaces and you are moving around, a similar effect gets picked up on camera. Another other possible issue is of course the volume. Cheaper cameras, the kind you can get into a show, tend to have minor to major issues with arena level volume.

I'm fairly certain those were my videos you watched (ModernDayBuddha). I did notice that the sound was off every hear and there on the videos. Totally either a camera problem, or perhaps something to do with how the sound was resonating from where I was standing. Either way, it definitely wasn't Muse. haha. I think I'll put a notice on the descriptions of the videos to explain the sound problems. :)

Yeah it was your videos :D

Great quality by the way, I watched all of them

Well glad to hear it was the camera and not the band, at first I was thinking "Awww Bells you effed up the solo" :LOL:

Anyway, it wasn't a huge deal, just seemed a bit off

Yeah it was your videos :D

Great quality by the way, I watched all of them

Well glad to hear it was the camera and not the band, at first I was thinking "Awww Bells you effed up the solo" :LOL:

Anyway, it wasn't a huge deal, just seemed a bit off

Oh, totally. I was surprised to get the sound quality I did out of such a small camera (Kodak PlaySport), but that thing packs a punch!

I'm glad you watched them! Looks like the time spent behind the camera didn't go to waste. haha.

Archived