I'm just going to add, that I was surprised when they dedicated a song to the couple who got engaged and allowed the guy to propose on stage, just because I did think they might not want to set a precedent. Though it was really nice of them. :)

If I have remembered it correctly, something like that also happened in 2004/2005 :)

This set, as great as it was (they finally realised that Knights is starting to be a boring closer), is proof of the bullshit lies they've told us.

Good to see Take A Bow as a closer again.

I don't remember any of them ever actually saying that the towers were restricting them.

Awesome setlist, simply because they moved things around a little... jut goes to show that they don't always need to stick to the same exact thing to have an even better show... there were no rare/old tracks, just a swap around of the regulars, and it's wicked! :happy:

I'm still so moved they dedicated Starlight to baby Bell :happy:... I haven't had a look through the thread yet, but hopefully someone's caught it on a video! Been searching through YouTube with no luck, lol.

I don't remember any of them ever actually saying that the towers were restricting them.

They have, both to the media and to fans.

And this gig just proves that they have been lying, as they are clearly capable of turning the setlist inside-out if they can just be bothered.

They have, both to the media and to fans.

And this gig just proves that they have been lying, as they are clearly capable of turning the setlist inside-out if they can just be bothered.

I seriously doubt they have been lying. I should imagine that it takes a lot of extra work by the set designers and crew, and they haven't the capacity to do that every time.

Could someone tell me what those numbers next to each song on the setlist photo mean? Feel like I'm missing something kinda obvious here.

Costume changes and guitar switches.

Carrie: I doubt it requires THAT much work. Rearrange the lighting and slap on some new graphics. They have videos and stuff from previous tours, there is no reason for them not to mix things up more often.

Change is nice though, but at this point it's too little too late.

Costume changes and guitar switches.

Carrie: I doubt it requires THAT much work. Rearrange the lighting and slap on some new graphics. They have videos and stuff from previous tours, there is no reason for them not to mix things up more often.

Change is nice though, but at this point it's too little too late.

Too little too late for whom? There are almost 20 gigs left on the Resistance Tour this year; maybe it's too late for you to enjoy them, but certainly not too late for myself and the thousands and thousands of others who would certainly appreciate even small changes at their upcoming shows. As for the claims of the production restricting the sets, did anyone even ever buy that bull? Did you? I know I didn't. People talk out of their ass to the media/public all the time. That's just how the game goes; you can't believe everything you hear.

Too little too late for whom? There are almost 20 gigs left on the Resistance Tour this year; maybe it's too late for you to enjoy them, but certainly not too late for myself and the thousands and thousands of others who would certainly appreciate even small changes at their upcoming shows. As for the claims of the production restricting the sets, did anyone even ever buy that bull? Did you? I know I didn't. People talk out of their ass to the media/public all the time. That's just how the game goes; you can't believe everything you hear.

+1

Just read about Matt dedicating Starlight to Bell, I'm glad they got the message :)

I'm just going to add, that I was surprised when they dedicated a song to the couple who got engaged and allowed the guy to propose on stage, just because I did think they might not want to set a precedent. Though it was really nice of them. :)

However, I'm not surprised that they agreed to dedicate a song to baby Bell, particularly as she was named after Matt which is a touching thing in itself. Anyone with a heart would want to do the same, and they're lovely guys! :happy:

Hey there :) I'm a French fan and I'm trying to follow what's going on on the US leg of the tour.

I've just read about Baby Bellamy's story and it's definitely heart wrenching :supersad:

I'm glad Matt got the message and dedicated STARLIGHT to her and her parents :) Don't know if it's likely to happen but it'd be nice if the band could meet the parents for a talk with them.

I saw some of the videos you guys made and it's good to see you had fun & enjoyed the show :)

So from I read, the band let a guy come and propose on stage. Does anyone have the video?

It's funny because even I'm single, I dreamt about exactly the same thing happening to me in Wembley on the next tour !!! Don't know it happened but the proposal, my answer & all the mess it created in the crowd, I ended up at a post-gig party with the band to celebrate that :happy::thumbsup:

Like I said, the dedication to Bell(amy) is very short, and the first 35-40 seconds are a little shaky, (lots of jumping and bumping) but the guys nailed the song last night. You can also hear my wife react moments after and then trys to be quiet when she realizes I'm filming. :-) I'm surprised how good the audio is though. It looks best at 720p.

Link:

Like I said, the dedication to Bell(amy) is very short, and the first 35-40 seconds are a little shaky, (lots of jumping and bumping) but the guys nailed the song last night. You can also hear my wife react moments after and then trys to be quiet when she realizes I'm filming. :-) I'm surprised how good the audio is though. It looks best at 720p.

Link:

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us :)

Nothing much to be said apart from that's a heartbraking story and good on you for all your efforts to get it to the band!

Link:

Hi tkramer

read your first post about that little girl Bell and her sad story, you made a great job...great video too.

Love from Italy to Bell and her family

This set, as great as it was (they finally realised that Knights is starting to be a boring closer), is proof of the bullshit lies they've told us.

Good to see Take A Bow as a closer again.

This website and this bands fans are so weird. I always thought that gigs and tours threads were for the people who were at those particular concerts to discuss the ups and downs, highs and lows of that particular show?

How many times did you see Muse on this tour? I say them 5 times and 5 times they closed with KOC. 5 times I rocked that shit out! In fact at every concert I've been to it seems everyone leaves the concert on a massive high because of that boring closer.

Also, what lies have they told us? They didn't tell me anything I ever took as a lie? Would I have liked to have this set as opposed to the one I got at Sac? Yes. Did I enjoy my Sac concert? Hell yeah! Why? Becuase I really LOVE their music. I paid $50 to go to a concert to see my favorite band. They didn't play GL which made me very happy :D and they played some of the best renditions of songs (US was fabbo!). Do I feel they lied to me about something? No. Why? Because they do things that they want. Thats their right. Everyone has an off day at work. I had one yesterday. But life goes on.

Some people are so disillusioned by Muse right now and it's just weird to me. If you are so jaded against the band, move on to a different band and listen to the stuff you like. Don't spend money on their tours and just listen to the fond Muse that you remember. They are NOT going to change simply because a handful of people on their message board don't like their set list stagnancy. Negativety causes nothing but heart attacks and hair loss and twitching eyes. It's not necessary in everyday life, esp something you don't have control over. Some of your don't seem you would ever be happy unless they played only a set of the songs you want to hear, which is unrealistic. In America they mostly play the singles, because they are still just being discovered here. Go to Ticketmaster.com, pull up Muse and click on the comments. Those are the people they are playing for. Not you thousands of miles away on another continent. America is loving them, it's obvious. Let them run with this and we'll see what the next album/tour brings.

rant over/

:eek:Change in setlist, awesome:awesome: and TaB, suprised Doris didn't self combust with the shock;) Will take a look at the videos soon.

So touching and sad for them to dedicate Starlight to Bell :supersad:. A very fitting song.

Hope they continue to surprise us on the rest of the tour and its not just a one off. Makes it more exciting.

1. Also, what lies have they told us?

2. If you are so jaded against the band, move on to a different band and listen to the stuff you like.

3. Some of your don't seem you would ever be happy unless they played only a set of the songs you want to hear, which is unrealistic.

1. Several. I particularly liked the one about their stage setup restricting them and more or less forcing them to play the same set every night, only to see them pull out completely random songs here and there.

2. Stupid, just stupid. Muse are not immune to criticism. The fact that they are the "best live band in the world" will add to the pressure, and people will expect them to play at a certain level.

3. I think if you actually took the time to read any of the complaints, you will see that almost no one is actually pissed because they didn't hear their favorite songs. No one is expecting Muse to play a setlist just for them. I haven't seen anyone say "OMG PLAY DEAD STAR PLZZ I WANT TO HEAR IT SO BAD PLZ JUST FOR ME". It's about the lack of variety in the setlist, them saying that they wanted every gig to get the same experience, only to play songs that are so random that it makes it unfair to everyone who attended other gigs. This could have been avoided by having, oh I don't know, 20-25 songs rehearsed for the whole tour and then just rotate them around.

Archived