Sorry about the delay, had to grab a bite to eat and then plug in my computer when I got back to the Hotel.

I am still stunned that Matt dedicated Starlight to Bell. (Bellamy) I'm reading back through the pages, sorry the story confused everyone. Here's a link if you missed it:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=78506

As for the story as to how it got to the band...

Thanks everyone for your support. While this was a bittersweet concert for me, it was still so inspiring. A great night to be remembered.

Your heart and your efforts moved everyone involved. Beautiful story and Starlight was such an appropriate song to dedicate. I am happy your wish came true and hope Bell's family treasures this memory.

"It's a small thing compared to your loss, but know that tonight the crowd, the band, and thousands following the band online know your baby's story and strength."

Thanks everyone for your support. While this was a bittersweet concert for me, it was still so inspiring. A great night to be remembered.

TK ----- So glad it worked out!!! Thanks for all your hard work making little Bellamy's memory meaningful to her parents and so many others.

Sorry about the delay, had to grab a bite to eat and then plug in my computer when I got back to the Hotel.

I am still stunned that Matt dedicated Starlight to Bell. (Bellamy) I'm reading back through the pages, sorry the story confused everyone. Here's a link if you missed it:

I'm not sure to this moment. I contacted management via email. I contacted the pepsi center. My wife grabbed two roadies outside the pepsi center and handed them the story in print. I got ahold of a roadie on the floor, etc. and on and on. Someone got them the story. We worked on it for the last 36 hours or so, but I don't think it was our effort as much as it was the story. A dedication to a friend or a happy birthday is, while special, not that unique. This story, if you knew the sad details, was heart wrenching. It's bad enough to lose a child, but this was more awful than most situations. This is going to mean so much to the family Bell left behind. I think that spoke to the person or persons who got this to Muse.

Here is the note I sent off to her mother less than an hour ago: (I'm going to call her tomorrow, but it's almost 2 am in Kansas.)

"Chad and joy, thank you so much for the tickets to Muse tonight. The show was incredible, one of the best I've seen.

I (we) wanted to honor the memory of your daughter in some way on this trip. A very long story made short, we were able to get a note to Matthew Bellamy. (yes, THAT Bellamy.)

He dedicated starlight to Bell, in front of 15,000 fans. It was beautiful, uplifting, and perfect. I was fortunate to catch video of the whole thing, and will share it with you all when we get to marysville.

It's a small thing compared to your loss, but know that tonight the crowd, the band, and thousands following the band online know your baby's story and strength."

I'm so glad you were able to get a message to them and they did the dedication. I hope it brings a bit of joy to the family in such a difficult time.

[media]

Take A Bow! Complete with new graphics! (At least I think...parts of it didn't look familiar)

You can kinda see me in this video. The crowd surfer went right over me. I too was recording, so it was funny to see him come flying at me.

ahh that intro is interesting. that might grow on me. i'm very attached to watu :happy: but *if* all the curtains fell at the correct time :p, that would have been very dramatic as an opening moment! interesting change, good to see that they are aware they can change things and keep the same videos (playing the beginning of overture to the people on the building). *ahem*... muse: you can play ANY of the DOZENS of songs you NEVER play, i DON'T CARE what you've got going on on the tower screens!!

show-goers: i am glad to hear that y'all had a great time tonight! that's the important part :)

& tkramer - so glad that the efforts were rewarded. my thoughts & prayers are with Bell's loved ones tonight <3

Wow that TaB vid is awesome! They should play that more often with the towers! :eek:

MK Jam + UD also looks cool with the tower setup from what I can see in the twitpics. I love Dom on Matt's tower and Matt on the stage... too cool.

I think it's funny, for all the talk of the towers being restricting and limiting the setlists, they seem to be pretty darned versitile when put to the test! ;)

I'm not sure to this moment. I contacted management via email. I contacted the pepsi center. My wife grabbed two roadies outside the pepsi center and handed them the story in print. I got ahold of a roadie on the floor, etc. and on and on. Someone got them the story. We worked on it for the last 36 hours or so, but I don't think it was our effort as much as it was the story. A dedication to a friend or a happy birthday is, while special, not that unique. This story, if you knew the sad details, was heart wrenching. It's bad enough to lose a child, but this was more awful than most situations. This is going to mean so much to the family Bell left behind. I think that spoke to the person or persons who got this to Muse.

Here is the note I sent off to her mother less than an hour ago: (I'm going to call her tomorrow, but it's almost 2 am in Kansas.)

"Chad and joy, thank you so much for the tickets to Muse tonight. The show was incredible, one of the best I've seen.

I (we) wanted to honor the memory of your daughter in some way on this trip. A very long story made short, we were able to get a note to Matthew Bellamy. (yes, THAT Bellamy.)

He dedicated starlight to Bell, in front of 15,000 fans. It was beautiful, uplifting, and perfect. I was fortunate to catch video of the whole thing, and will share it with you all when we get to marysville.

It's a small thing compared to your loss, but know that tonight the crowd, the band, and thousands following the band online know your baby's story and strength."

Beautiful. Very touching.

Great show! I've seen them at the Fillmore, Red Rocks, and now the Pepsi Center... I'd have to say in terms of energy this was the best. Sound wise, seems like the Fillmore takes the cake surprisingly. BUT FUCK YEAH MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE

I am still stunned that Matt dedicated Starlight to Bell. (Bellamy)

It is so wonderful that you were able to get your note to the band and have Matt dedicate Starlight to Bell.

Wow that TaB vid is awesome! They should play that more often with the towers! :eek:

MK Jam + UD also looks cool with the tower setup from what I can see in the twitpics. I love Dom on Matt's tower and Matt on the stage... too cool.

I think it's funny, for all the talk of the towers being restricting and limiting the setlists, they seem to be pretty darned versitile when put to the test! ;)

:yesey: Exactly! They've just proved that the towers and graphics aren't completely restricting, so there's no reason why they can't mix things up a little more often. I love it, and I wasn't even there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uizD5dE4Ah8

Take A Bow! Complete with new graphics! (At least I think...parts of it didn't look familiar)

I think the graphics are the same they used during the BH&R Tour.

Don't like Take a Bow as a closer but it looks really good with the towers :happy: they should play it more often.

I'm sure you all have a bit of a WTF! experience with this setlist :LOL:

I'm just going to add, that I was surprised when they dedicated a song to the couple who got engaged and allowed the guy to propose on stage, just because I did think they might not want to set a precedent. Though it was really nice of them. :)

However, I'm not surprised that they agreed to dedicate a song to baby Bell, particularly as she was named after Matt which is a touching thing in itself. Anyone with a heart would want to do the same, and they're lovely guys! :happy:

Archived