I so hope they come to Chicago again in the autumn, I doubt I'll be able to make it Wembley unless the stars align hardcore. So hopefully they can come back to Chicago for an encore presentation (it was sold out on 3/12/10, so hopefully that's a good sign)

Please Muse come to Chicago again we need the awesomeness that is Muse to burst all over our Chicago fans lol

Wait, what's this? I want to hear/see more. :eek:

We were talking about how cool it would've been if I could have met them, but how they'd probably think I was a freak. My friend's uncle is one of their US tour managers, you see, but couldn't get me a backstage pass because he wasn't going to be at the gig I went to :'(

We were talking about how cool it would've been if I could have met them, but how they'd probably think I was a freak. My friend's uncle is one of their US tour managers, you see, but couldn't get me a backstage pass because he wasn't going to be at the gig I went to :'(

I think if I met them the only thing I could do would be :eek:

I don't usually get starstruck but I would prob embarrass myself if I ever met them. The only famous person I met was Robin Williams. He came into the coffee shop I worked at and I made him laugh. And yes, he is startlingly hairy.

I think if I met them the only thing I could do would be :eek:

I don't usually get starstruck but I would prob embarrass myself if I ever met them. The only famous person I met was Robin Williams. He came into the coffee shop I worked at and I made him laugh. And yes, he is startlingly hairy.

Haha, better than me! I've met Good Charlotte and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The latter was at a Snow Patrol concert during SXSW and my friends literally made him run away. :LOL: And what I meant earlier was hear/see more about this naked Matt painting. I've never heard this story! :D

And what I meant earlier was hear/see more about this naked Matt painting. I've never heard this story! :D

Some wacky Russian fan painted a picture of Matt naked with a bird on his shoulder and gave it to him at a gig. I guess this was back in OoS time maybe. Anytime someone asks what strangest thing a fan has done, weirdest gift they've gotten, etc... they bring it up. The story is that Dom has the painting because I guess Matt was scared to have it in his house. It will probably never see the light of day, but we all wish it would! :LOL:

Some wacky Russian fan painted a picture of Matt naked with a bird on his shoulder and gave it to him at a gig. I guess this was back in OoS time maybe. Anytime someone asks what strangest thing a fan has done, weirdest gift they've gotten, etc... they bring it up. The story is that Dom has the painting because I guess Matt was scared to have it in his house. It will probably never see the light of day, but we all wish it would! :LOL:

Ooooooh, I have the link to the interview somewhere... *looks for it in favorites*

EDIT: Here.

In it, he says "Backstage, however, we came into contact with another peculiarity of Russian fame. For reasons that are beyond me, we get a lot of really fanatical female fans over there. After the gig in St Petersburg, there are about 50 women waiting outside the dressing room. One of them comes up to me. She's obviously a psychopath. She has a gift for me - should she go and get it? I'm used to Russian fans giving me roses and teddy bears, but she comes back with a huge, incredibly intricate oil painting, which she says took her five months to complete. It features me, naked and horribly emaciated, with birds on my shoulders. I am holding a glowing heart in front of my genitals."

Ooooooh, I have the link to the interview somewhere... *looks for it in favorites*

In it, he says "Backstage, however, we came into contact with another peculiarity of Russian fame. For reasons that are beyond me, we get a lot of really fanatical female fans over there. After the gig in St Petersburg, there are about 50 women waiting outside the dressing room. One of them comes up to me. She's obviously a psychopath. She has a gift for me - should she go and get it? I'm used to Russian fans giving me roses and teddy bears, but she comes back with a huge, incredibly intricate oil painting, which she says took her five months to complete. It features me, naked and horribly emaciated, with birds on my shoulders. I am holding a glowing heart in front of my genitals."

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I'd never heard that one before ... it lit up my otherwise boring night. I'd love to have witnessed his at-the-moment reaction to that.

Knew of the painting with the birds but didn't know the details. The last sentence just made go :LOL::LOL:!

My original idea was to build a time machine and get 2001 Muse to come open for 2010 Muse. :shifty: But alas, I don't think that's possible :( Plus, there's that whole space-time continuum... Doc Brown said that Marty running into his other self could be dangerous...

Seriously, though - Muse fancies themselves to be cutting edge and pushing boundaries, what better way to forge a new path forward for arena rock bands than to indroduce the concept of presenting a scaled back old-skool version of yourself as the opener :yesey:

:LOL:

+1 :LOL:

I can't wait! I didn't know about the autumn tour dates until I saw this thread, so I just hope they come to New York again (and hopefully not on the September 24th since Porcupine Tree is that same day..).

Either way them coming to the states again in the fall makes me extremely happy :D.

sorry if this has already been hashed through (little time to read through the whole thread), but are we certain (i.e. have proof) that muse will NOT in fact be playing at lollapalooza in chicago this year?

if proof exists, where be it?

I guess it's possible- I have my fingers crossed. They are open for those dates and they could easily manage it especially if they don't bring the towers.... *prays to the rock gods for Muse at Lolla, without stage setup, with rarities :yesey:*

Does anyone know if Muse is playing Bamboozle? It is possible, they had a huge crowd in 2007 (I was there), there are rumors of them playing and I was wondering if anyone knows any info about it?

I am probably already going for Something Corporate and Weezer, but if they add Muse It will be Amazing!!!

Archived