Alysum

Here's the answer conserning the knobs:

"Thanks for your enquiry. The pots are not replaced because Matt does

not need to adjust these knobs once they are set to his specification.

It is correct that the pedal will not function properly without the

original pots.

The trim pots are used on the pre amp for the acoustic pick up which is

where the confusion might come from."

Well, whaddaya say..

Here's the answer conserning the knobs:

"Thanks for your enquiry. The pots are not replaced because Matt does

not need to adjust these knobs once they are set to his specification.

It is correct that the pedal will not function properly without the

original pots.

The trim pots are used on the pre amp for the acoustic pick up which is

where the confusion might come from."

Well, whaddaya say..

The settings they gave were still complete bollocks.

Thanks very much Manson's guitar Freak. Thats helped clear it all up. So he doesn't have trim pots for his FF. I knew there were definately trim pots there, but according to what I had been told, you couldn't put trim pots with the FF. Ah, they are for the acustic system, interesting. Well thanks for getting that information for me.

I know these are a lot more expensive in the UK / Europe, I got mine yesterday and realized that its just not my style. Great pedal, Its just not for me.

So instead of just selling it on ebay to someone in the US, i figure id rather see if anyone over there wants it first. Ill sell it for what i payed $224 and ill ship it to the Uk/Europe for free in the original box and packing.

It's literally been played once, absolute perfect condition.

email me and we can do a private ebay auction with paypal or something.

Kurtsparkuhl@yahoo.com

when i lived in the UK music prices there were shocking, so i figure i can make someone happy.

I know these are a lot more expensive in the UK / Europe, I got mine yesterday and realized that its just not my style. Great pedal, Its just not for me.

So instead of just selling it on ebay to someone in the US, i figure id rather see if anyone over there wants it first. Ill sell it for what i payed $224 and ill ship it to the Uk/Europe for free in the original box and packing.

It's literally been played once, absolute perfect condition.

email me and we can do a private ebay auction with paypal or something.

Kurtsparkuhl@yahoo.com

when i lived in the UK music prices there were shocking, so i figure i can make someone happy.

you can buy a brand spanker off ebay for 99c more.

I know this question was answered before, but I need an answer quick

to everyone with a fuzz probe: do you really use the plate much? or is it a nice thing to play around with, but in the end you could have a FF instead without missing the plate?

I know this question was answered before, but I need an answer quick

to everyone with a fuzz probe: do you really use the plate much? or is it a nice thing to play around with, but in the end you could have a FF instead without missing the plate?

I personally use the plate alot, one of my bands songs would be screwed without it.

To be honest if it wasn't for the probe, I wouldn't of even considered getting one, I had no interest in the FF, just the Probe. I personally think it is better to pay the extra money and have the option of the probe, even if you don't use it, its there, rather than getting a FF, find you have to bend other all the time, having to watch where you put your foot when you stomp on it....and regret not getting the Probe

yeh i kinda agree. don't know what you mean by "having to watch where you put your foot when you stomp on it"

the weirdness of FF is the stab function really, and this is adjustable when your standing up with the fuzz probe. so i'd think about getting one.

i don't regret getting mine

and for those people who say i'll just stick it to my guitar, well u still gotta stop playing to fiddle with the knobs so that one doesn't really work, although you can a bit i guess...

one thing i dont get about the probe (probs coz i only have ff) on some ff settings the stab doesn't make any squeals, only makes the fuzz softer, im guessing the probe is the same so when you have it on one of those settings the probe is useless i take it or is it slightly diff to the ff in the aspect?

and for those people who say i'll just stick it to my guitar, well u still gotta stop playing to fiddle with the knobs so that one doesn't really work, although you can a bit i guess...

one thing i dont get about the probe (probs coz i only have ff) on some ff settings the stab doesn't make any squeals, only makes the fuzz softer, im guessing the probe is the same so when you have it on one of those settings the probe is useless i take it or is it slightly diff to the ff in the aspect?

Well the way I see it you don't have to stop playing, as the cooler sounds (I think anyway) happen when you're actually holding a note with the left hand, and tweaking the stab with the right hand. So the right hand, instead of picking, is altering the fuzz factory pots. So nothing is really lost for me.

yeh i kinda agree. don't know what you mean by "having to watch where you put your foot when you stomp on it"

the weirdness of FF is the stab function really, and this is adjustable when your standing up with the fuzz probe. so i'd think about getting one.

i don't regret getting mine

If you don't, you would easily stomp on the knobs, potentially damaging them, with the FP, the knobs are not right next to the switch, so therefore you can just randomly put your foot anywhere and not worry about breaking something.

The FF/FPs weirdness is actually in the Gate/Comp controls, nit the stab, that only really controls the tone of the fuzz, its not that exciting, but its the only parameter thats worth adjusting with the probe

ah my bad about the stab controlling mistake

and i never realised that the knobs were on a different side with the factory. thats like a lot of pedals, i wouldn't consider that as a negative, lol

but yeh, the whole fp/ff - "which one to get" - debate is still on going!

ah my bad about the stab controlling mistake

and i never realised that the knobs were on a different side with the factory. thats like a lot of pedals, i wouldn't consider that as a negative, lol

but yeh, the whole fp/ff - "which one to get" - debate is still on going!

I think the general consensus is that if you can afford to pay extra for the probe, there is nothing worse about having one and you have the option to use the probe should you ever need it.

Archived