Alysum

The pitch shift control with the volumecontol on the guitar is extremly slight...about a half to a whole semi tone at most.

If you have a Whammy and the Fuzz, you can do a bit of pitch shifting, make it seem like a Fuzz Probe.

if u have a whammy, you dont need the fuzz factory or probe at all to get matt bellamys pitch shifting sounds. just play a note on the top e string, and mess around with the whammy pedal on 2 octaves high setting

if u have a whammy, you dont need the fuzz factory or probe at all to get matt bellamys pitch shifting sounds. just play a note on the top e string, and mess around with the whammy pedal on 2 octaves high setting

What the fuck are you on about?

Thats just playing around with the pitch of a note, not feedback.

To get pitchshifting feedback, get a guitar with a Floyd Rose and then get feedback and play around with it. Simple.

Guest because

To get pitchshifting feedback, get a guitar with a Floyd Rose and then get feedback and play around with it. Simple.

Or get FF or FP :happy:

what an idiot

i clearly said pitch shifting, not exactally playing with the feedback, and you can replicate matt's sounds

kiss my ass haze

what an idiot

i clearly said pitch shifting, not exactally playing with the feedback, and you can replicate matt's sounds

kiss my ass haze

well done, way to have a go at someone who knows a lot more than you.

Matt Bellamy's trademark pitchshifting effects that he uses live are not from the whammy, although he does use it for pitchshifting from time to time. By putting your post about that in the Fuzz Factory thread when it concerns the other form of pitchshifting effect is almost asking for a misunderstanding.

well done, way to have a go at someone who knows a lot more than you.

Matt Bellamy's trademark pitchshifting effects that he uses live are not from the whammy, although he does use it for pitchshifting from time to time. By putting your post about that in the Fuzz Factory thread when it concerns the other form of pitchshifting effect is almost asking for a misunderstanding.

ha that laughable. he knows a lot more than me at what? i do own both a whammy and a fuzz probe, and u can't take grades in them. so i dunno what your on about. and your the king of trying to blag advice to people on this board.

if you read what i said, and you clearly didnt like haze, i said you don't need the fuzz factory or probe to replicate his sounds. you can do it on the whammy. i didnt say that is how he did it, did i...

nice one...

what an idiot

kiss my ass haze

Perhaps you should have said Whammy effects rather than pitchshifting, I am short-sighted, so if I don't have my glasses on, I'll make mistakes when reading. You should take more consideration into the language you use, as people may mistake it for something else.

I've always stated that you don't need a FF for getting Muse sounds, so you said nothing new in your post, just repeated my earlier posts :rolleyes:

i shouldnt think i have to be exactally clear to make sure i get the point across, my point was fine enough. YOU should shuttup until you get your glasses on

and u never once mentioned my point, so dont u and yellowsphere try and talk out of it, ur both wrong

i shouldnt think i have to be exactally clear to make sure i get the point across, my point was fine enough. YOU should shuttup until you get your glasses on

and u never once mentioned my point, so dont u and yellowsphere try and talk out of it, ur both wrong

I have clearly stated on many occasions that a FF is not essential for getting the Muse sound, which you just repeated. It's not my problem if you took no notice...

(From page 43 from this thread)

If your buying one because your copying Matt B, prepare to be disappointed, as he only uses it for feedback, not much else and there are others ways of doing pitchshifting feedback if you bother to experiment (Tom Morrelo can manage without a FF).

what the hell, you just proved my point.

im not sayin my point is original, you may have said you don't need the fuzz factory to replicate matt's sounds, but the idea of using the whammy for similar sounding pitch shifting effects is

Thats why I said you were just repeating a point I had already made and a whammy can't do similar sounding pitch shifting effects, surely as an owner of both, you already know that...

ok u've never talked about pitchshifting with a whammy. so there WAS something new in my post. admit it. and then shuttup

and if your play a high note and pitch shift with 2 octaves up on, you can replicate his sounds

so stop arguing!

ok u've never talked about pitchshifting with a whammy. so there WAS something new in my post. admit it. and then shuttup

and if your play a high note and pitch shift with 2 octaves up on, you can replicate his sounds

so stop arguing!

But Whammys aren't the subject of this thread, so no, I wouldn't have talked about it, he only uses his Whammy on a few songs anyway and only on one occasion with two octaves up, so your "new" thing is only useful in Sunburn where he does do the two octave up thing. Nowhere else.

god im just showing another way of recreating the fuzz factory / probe sounds. this is new and should belong here

im bored of this. u are a cunt haze

Well your suggestion is rather useless as they create two different sounds. I wouldn't be getting a Whammy for Christmas if they both created the same sound...

oh god, he doesnt even have one and he's arguing. what a loser...

look, im also NOT saying they fucking create the same sounds either! but you CAN replicate the sounds, because I HAVE!! and you dont even own one, so shut the hell up!

what a twat

oh god, he doesnt even have one and he's arguing. what a loser...

look, im also NOT saying they fucking create the same sounds either! but you CAN replicate the sounds, because I HAVE!! and you dont even own one, so shut the hell up!

what a twat

Just because I don't own one, doesn't mean I haven't played on one, many times, extensively, I know what I can do with that pedal on guitar. I could easily buy one if I wanted to, but I haven't as I need the money for an Orange AD30.

I also believe I have far more experience with effects than you have. So when I say something doesn't sound like something else, its usually because...it doesn't.

Ashed, your arguing your case by being very aggressive, and most of the time your only being aggressive and using bad language, not actually making a relevent point. You know, being aggressive like that is a sign of going defensive, maybe because you know that what haze says makes a lot of sense ;) . I'm afraid I have to support haze in this. The whammy produces the notes one or two octaves higher than what you are physically playing (or lower too). So if you play a first fret note and have it on the one octave setting, thats going to be the equivalent of a thirteenth fret note, but obviously sounding slightly cooler as the whammy does that. But it does not do what the FF or FP does which is give oscillating feedback. The only way the whammy is similar to the FF or FP is the high pitched sounds you can get from both.

right whatever. noone EVER suggest anything different musically here on this board. haze will cry and the usual supporters will cry with him. i suggested something different (and the whammy doesnt keep the note sustained, no, but you CAN recreate the little about of pitch shifting matt does, so back down), and look what happened. haze said "what the fuck are you on about?" nice...all im trying to do is suggest

and played with more effects? thats quite a big judgement. good guessing, not

man this is going to be a boring board

right whatever. noone EVER suggest anything different musically here on this board. haze will cry and the usual supporters will cry with him. i suggested something different (and the whammy doesnt keep the note sustained, no, but you CAN recreate the little about of pitch shifting matt does, so back down), and look what happened. haze said "what the fuck are you on about?" nice...all im trying to do is suggest

and played with more effects? thats quite a big judgement. good guessing, not

man this is going to be a boring board

You don't want me to name all the pedals I've tried, I can assure you of that.

Well you failed to add anything new to this board, come up with a rather ill thought out suggestion and when someone says something to question what you have said, you act in a spoilt childish manner. And you persist to.

I happy for new suggestions, but as long as they are useful, yours was not. I get the impression you have purchased expensive pedals because you felt you had to, rather than for their sound and don't really know much about what you have

Archived