Alysum

wonderful! I think I'll get myself a fuzz probe for €235(instead of a fuzz factory for €180, ofcourse both with €20 shipping,but even with €20 shipping the FP is cheaper than a FF from NL)

I just want to get sure(yes, it's been asked over and over again):

if you ask the seller to mark the article as gift, it's import tax free, right?

(doesn't matter how much it weights, or how big it is, aslong it's marked as a gift, right?)

please correct me if I'm wrong and tell me for what I have to look out(I don't want to make any mistakes, which could cost alot of money)

if you buy from america to the uk:

they charge vat and then import tax. thats like 17.5 %, and then 6% of that. if your item is marked as a gift - which is anything up to £200 i think (though companies lie) you can get VAT off.

there is probably a service charge on the door, mine was around £20 for a fuzz probe i think

anyone say if im wrong

one last question:

is there VAT on it, if it's bought in ebay?

it's a private auction, I don't think they will tax it, if you import it, or do they?

It depends, if its second hand, then no you shouldn`t. If its new and from a eBay store dealer person, you may have to pay VAT, but it`s usually included in the price, they should specify on the auction, so read up. If you`re unsure Email the seller, it differs from auction to auction, but usually no.

Guest because
ha

its not even advertised as a fuzz probe, it's a "ZVEX wah probe"

starting bid £175? yeh right.....

Oh yeah,..sorry..... i knew it was something ridiculous like that!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::LOL:

ok this might be dumb but on my FF when i have the gate and comp high enough that the signal is clear (no feedback) and i'm not playing anything i can move vol gate comp and drive and it stays silent, but if i move the stab slightly it makes a swishy noise whilst its moving... im not sure if its supposed to do coz i was thinking when you move your foot near the fuzz probe does it go swish swish, or is it just like when an amp gets old and the knobs pop etc when you turn them... thanks for your help

ok this might be dumb but on my FF when i have the gate and comp high enough that the signal is clear (no feedback) and i'm not playing anything i can move vol gate comp and drive and it stays silent, but if i move the stab slightly it makes a swishy noise whilst its moving... im not sure if its supposed to do coz i was thinking when you move your foot near the fuzz probe does it go swish swish, or is it just like when an amp gets old and the knobs pop etc when you turn them... thanks for your help

Its meant to do the crackling sound on the Stab and another control, check the Zvex board, there is a thread on it. It's something to do with changong the voltage across the circuit, you get a crackle as you turn the knob as a result, nothing to worry about.

in the fuzz factory selling thread at the moment, a guy on the ebay page said you can get infinite sustain using the FF. is there a setting anyone knows for this??

He doesn't mean "infinate" literally, its possible to get some amazing sustain out of it though

Guest because
Its not hard to find, start by turning down the stab, add some drive, then a little gate, then gate the sound using the comp, then you have it

if you don't mind me saying so, Thats kinda vague.... :stunned:

Guest because

Sorry bout the piece of blue tac on the corner :happy: ...

Any one got good eternally missed settings or a good interference one for Blackout?

Sorry bout the piece of blue tac on the corner :happy: ...

Any one got good eternally missed settings or a good interference one for Blackout?

you get the sound in blackout by DIing the guitar, so you won't be able to get the same squishing sound with an amp

Archived