Alysum

Guest because

Has anyone blown an amp with a Booster pedal, , FF , FP or any other effect?

How does it happen? Is it a lot easier to do it with a solid State or Valve?

Whats the total damage?

:confused::confused::confused:

The blackout effect is with the FF stab control. But i'm sure whenever Matt uses the FF stab control, he adds delay to it too so it has the almost doubled up effect to it. Am I right?

its actually the comp control isnt it :p.. cause it goes from low to high then back down till ti fades out,,, but matt uses delay nearly all the time anyway, but yea it does sound betetr with short delay

Guest because
follow the instruction manual's instructions. you might be able to adjust the oscillation to make it go up and down like a siren using your volume control, or if not, certainly using the stab control.

Straight from the man imself for WW2-esque blackout air raid sirens!

Anyone know anything bout the amp blowin buisness? see thread up above.

Guest because

so if lets say you went crazy on booster and had 10 of them, 10 big muffs and 10 FF all at once, you would annialhate the speaker, but what would be left of the Head?

With the valves explode of something?

Doo really have to go lunatic in order to blow you amp? or can it happen more easily than that?

so if lets say you went crazy on booster and had 10 of them, 10 big muffs and 10 FF all at once, you would annialhate the speaker, but what would be left of the Head?

With the valves explode of something?

Doo really have to go lunatic in order to blow you amp? or can it happen more easily than that?

You'd have to want to blow the amp to manage, rarely managed it accidentally, a maxed FF/FP isn't the best thing to put into a maxed out amp, everyone in the UK would hear you

Yeah, bloody hell. The fuzz Factory has some volume doesn't it. I hardly have the volume knob up much in the back of my guitar. The Fuzz Factory is one loud pedal. I'd imagine the Fuzz Probe is the same since the only difference is a theramin type stab knob.

Yeah, bloody hell. The fuzz Factory has some volume doesn't it. I hardly have the volume knob up much in the back of my guitar. The Fuzz Factory is one loud pedal. I'd imagine the Fuzz Probe is the same since the only difference is a theramin type stab knob.

I gig with the volume on half, there is a serious volume jump, too scared to try it full volume, yes, me, scared of trying something. If that doesn't give you any clue how loud it is, you must be deaf/stupid.

Is that from Hugh Manson himself or is that from Manson's Guitar Shop in general? If it is from Hugh Manson himself can you ask him how the controls are fully ajustable. Ask him if Matt definately has the Drive, Volume and Gate knobs replaced by trimmer pots or whether they came up with another method of easily adjusting the pots without taking the back plate off his guitar? Thanks if you can do that, because everyone seems to believe that Matt has trim pots in place of those three original pot. However, someone from Manson's said to me that you annot replace the original pots because the pedal stops funcioning properly.

Haze, I take it your the kind of guy who will try anything once lol? Except playing the Fuzz Factory or Fuz Probe on full volume. Its the Fuzz Probe you've got if I remember correctly?

Guest because

Okay Dokey,

2 types of crazzee (note the z's and e's) oscilating sounds used by Muse.....

1. One of which is a thin sounding one which is often used before a live performance of PIB and possible before the kick-arse guitar bit on Newborn. Refer to Glasonbury for clips....

2. The Other, is a thick more air raid siren-esque oscillation used before the interfferance fuzz on Blackout... Refer to Glasto yet again.

Good Setting for number 1 is: Insert Suggestion Here

Good Setting for number 2 is: Insert Setting over here

:D:D:D:D Discuss and Contribute....... :D:D:D

Well.. here it is again. The Mail I got from Hugh Manson about FF settings.

Thanks for your mail. Matt's controls on his Fuzz Factory are preset to:

Drive - Full, Volume - your own, Gate - fairly low. The pedal is fully

adjustable and he will make alterations.

Regards

Mansons

:)

Thats bollocks

He has the drive on half, you can't get those sounds with the drive on full as it lower the pitch of feedback alot.

Guest because

My contribution,

For Oscillation number 1: Use The Radio Fuzz setting provided on the instructions sheet. What do ya think?

Is it not also because Matt is using sh*t loads of other effects on the Fuzz sound that it is so thick. Like he delays the signal on the Blackout raid siren sound and possibly other effects too?

Manson Guitar Freak did you send off that question to Manson's that I asked you about? Thanks if you can.

Guest because
its the sweep delay on delay mod
that makes the blackout oscillation so thick.... Right?

I thought it was

u have the comp on full then slowly decrease it
that made it so thick.....

Or is it both at the same time...? or more than the other?

you use the lower the comp to create the air siren like sound, some one posted the settings for it earlier in the thread, i think it was

gate - 10, comp 7, (raise til feedback cuts out once u found the right pitch) drive around 3, and adjust the stab til you get the right pitch of feedback, i think at about an A it is right, but thats just what i use....

once you have that set up raise the comp til the sound cuts out the put delay on and lower the comp and hey presto the siren kicks in, if thats not what you were asking and you already knew all this sorry haha

Archived