I love Muse and all but I'm very not impressed with the lineup this year. Jay Z, thought not my thing, is a fantastic headliner. I love the Gorillaz, but they just aren't headliner material yet.

(Then again I probably think this every year, get used to the lineup and think it's great, and then that next year isn't quite up to par, so)

Gorillaz are fucking huge in America. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Ummm.... I wouldnt necessarily say that Gorillaz are huge. In fact, I think its just the opposite. I dont think they are widely known at all - sure most people know their 2-3 famous songs but that is not Sunday Headliner worthy.

Coachella always announces a headliner worthy artist at the last minute. Looking at sunday - which is comparatively weak versus the other days - SOMEONE would fit in perfect there

What a line-up :stunned:.

LCD Soundsystem

Them Crooked Vultures

Vampire Weekend

Public Image Ltd.

The Specials

Grizzly Bear

Yeasayer

Baroness

Muse

Faith No More

The Dead Weather

Hot Chip

Coheed & Cambria

Les Claypool

Mew

Porcupine Tree

Frank Turner

Gorillaz

Pavement

Thom Yorke

Phoenix

Gary Numan

Mutemath

Deerhunter

The Big Pink

Florence & The Machine

Delphic

Whoa.

:stunned: DO WANT

Coachella is in Indio, California which is in the Coachella Valley. Takes place on a polo field so theres horse crap all over while you are walking to the venue. :p It's a pretty large area with 5 different stages. It's kind of annoying if you want to see some band on the side stage because it's always getting overpowered by the main stage (Fleet Foxes isn't loud to begin with).

Single tickets for each day will definitely be available, they will go on sale the 22nd.

Still debating whether or not to go Friday, but Saturday is a must.

Doesn't look like there's single-day passes available this year. :( (Can anyone find the link/info for single-day passes? Maybe I just missed it...)

Seeing Muse in a festival-setting would be a dream come true, but budget is incredibly limited for me. And all my other favorite artists are scattered!!

Ummm.... I wouldnt necessarily say that Gorillaz are huge. In fact, I think its just the opposite. I dont think they are widely known at all - sure most people know their 2-3 famous songs but that is not Sunday Headliner worthy.

Coachella always announces a headliner worthy artist at the last minute. Looking at sunday - which is comparatively weak versus the other days - SOMEONE would fit in perfect there

Their first album went platinum and their second album went double platinum. Feel Good Inc. is also a gold single. Four singles charted on the Hot 100 - Five singles on Top Alternative (one of which got to #1). Add to that an upcoming third album that will again put them in the spotlight and you easily have the second biggest name on the lineup.

I hate to say it, but if they add another big name to replace a current headliner (which they've only done once in the festival's 10-year history) - it would be Muse that gets bumped down.

Their first album went platinum and their second album went double platinum. Feel Good Inc. is also a gold single. Four singles charted on the Hot 100 - Five singles on Top Alternative (one of which got to #1). Add to that an upcoming third album that will again put them in the spotlight and you easily have the second biggest name on the lineup.

I hate to say it, but if they add another big name to replace a current headliner (which they've only done once in the festival's 10-year history) - it would be Muse that gets bumped down.

this.

Feel Good Inc. was EVERYWHERE. If anything this is a big step up for Muse in terms of U.S. exposure.

And I'd go if I wasn't such a poor college student...

I want to go but dont want to have to get a 3 day pass. I really hope they have a one day pass or ill be super bummed.

Seriously. I'm too poor for that 3 day ish. Besides, camping there isn't the most pleasant experience. Well, it could be if you like being woken up at 6 am from the hot sun that makes your tent feel like a greenhouse.

Archived