What is the first song you ever hear of Muse?

zeek721

• 1 month later...
I wonder what the non Muser viewers thought!

Here's an interesting anedoct from that same period, and always connected to that first discovery of Muse.

There was this famous Italian TV magazine, called "TV Sorrisi & Canzoni", which had a brief space dedicated to readers' questions and researches about films, songs and other trivia about entertainment. They posted a "desperate" request from a woman, who absolutely wanted to know about the soundtrack of that Roberto Cavalli's spot, because for her it was so incredibly haunting that she "couldn't sleep at night" when thinking of it (I assure you she actually wrote that)!

Obviously, there's no need to quote the answer... ;) I read those song and album titles - "Micro Cuts" and "Origin Of Symmetry" -, that band name - "Muse" - and they remained in my mind since that. Little did I know I was about to fall definitely in Muse' magic about 5-6 years later on. :)

My first muse song is Stockholm Syndrome. I stole an unnamed mp3 from my younger brother computer. It is such an incredible song. I think the word in my head was "powerful".

It wasn't until a couple of years later that I found out what was the name of that band of that unknown song that I was always listening to.

SS still brings memories of days when I just listened to Muse not because they were Muse (and trust me I hear about everything they release) but by the enchanting pure awesomeness of their creations.

TOADA: I was like this is fun. Kinda cool. Might check these guys out. Then Micro Cuts which fucking ripped me to shreds.

What an odd couple of first songs to hear. How'd you come by such (to casual listeners) unknown songs and not just, for example, TIRO?

As other people have said, my first Muse song was Knights of Cydonia while playing Guitar Hero III. I was quite good at it and KOC was my favorite song on there. A few years later, Rocksmith came out, and whadaya know, I get hooked onto Unnatural Selection, completely unaware it's the same band who made KOC. Eventually around the time Rocksmith 2014 or 2015 or whatever comes out, I go looking them up, loving their songs, and buying the Muse DLC pack for that game. You kinda know how it goes from there. ;)

I was 6 and Starlight came on but I had no idea it was Muse.

I then remember telling my friend a few years later that Muse were (and I quote) "shit" and "why would I want to listen to that emo crap?" :facepalm:

2012 swings around and my headphones break so I accidentally hear them launch Survival and thats where the slippery slope in to obsession started *sigh*

So first song ever? Starlight.

First song that I knew was by Muse? Survival.

I was 6 and Starlight came on but I had no idea it was Muse.

I then remember telling my friend a few years later that Muse were (and I quote) "shit" and "why would I want to listen to that emo crap?" :facepalm:

2012 swings around and my headphones break so I accidentally hear them launch Survival and thats where the slippery slope in to obsession started *sigh*

So first song ever? Starlight.

First song that I knew was by Muse? Survival.

Oh God I am old.

The first song for me was Sing for Absolution.

Hysteria at the Brit awards for me, I believe, might not have been. I watched a live version of Hysteria on TV and fell in love after I bought Absolution. Sing for Absolution was probably the real turning point for me.

Edit:

Random fact: The time between Showbiz and BH&R is pretty much the same as between The Resistance and today.

Muse definitely "grew up" more between than period than they did during the Resistance till now. Probably why it seems so far fetched.

Archived