What is the first song you ever hear of Muse?

zeek721

Uprising. I had heard it on the radio but never knew who it was by. Then my best friend got into them and she gave me all their albums. But it was actually Hysteria, TiRO, and Blackout that really got me hooked.

• 1 month later...
I first heard and fell in love with Knights of Cydonia while playing Guitar Hero in 2007.

I then went out, bought BH&R and loved it. Then I went out and got Absolution and loved it, then OoS and Showbiz and the rest is history.

Haha, I found out about Knights of Cydonia the same way, but I think I heard Starlight first on the radio.

I think I heard Knights first, but I didn't pay attention. I barely remembered it and I didn't even know it was Muse until later.

First songs I heard when I truly heard Muse for the first time; Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, Stockholm Syndrome, Citizen Erased, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Sunburn. Something of that order. It was all the same day.

I heard TIRO on the radio one day, and I instantly fell in love. A week later I was in Virgin Records and saw an advertisement for Absolution, got super excited and bought it :happy: best decision ever. I asked an employee if she listened to Muse and she said it was their newsest CD and she had met the band a few days before.

Butterflies and Hurricanes.

Awesome song to hear so I was hooked instantly :D

That was my second one, so I definitely agree. Sing For Absolution was first. :yesey:

I think I heard TIRO and Hysteria on the radio as well around the same time, but didn't pay them that much attention, and I think I'd heard New Born, Bliss, and PIB a few years earlier, but hadn't known Muse as such at that time. SFA and BAH were the first I really connected.

Supermassive Black Hole on Doctor Who back in 2006. Bought the song but never got any of the other stuff.

Then Top of the Pops Christmas 2009 when Muse played Uprising. It was brilliant and I bought The Resistance in full the next day. I remember the next song after Uprising I heard was Resistance after downloading the album.

I heard my sister playing SMBH back in 2007 when someone gave her a copy of Black Holes. She had originally heard the song off the Twilight soundtrack and got the CD. I paid no mind to it, and then I heard KoC and thought it was way better. But I didn't get into Muse until a few years later

Hysteria in 2003. Saw the American music video for it. Which is weird because now I can't find that version anywhere I look. Even the youtube videos that say they're the American version aren't the one I saw. Was a pretty big fan but didn't really delve into things like their B-Sides until 2007 when I saw the trailer for 28 Weeks Later and heard Shrinking Universe in it.

Hysteria in 2003. Saw the American music video for it. Which is weird because now I can't find that version anywhere I look. Even the youtube videos that say they're the American version aren't the one I saw. Was a pretty big fan but didn't really delve into things like their B-Sides until 2007 when I saw the trailer for 28 Weeks Later and heard Shrinking Universe in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxgNkppVLo

Archived