Ross

This is a little idea I've been playing about with for a little while after remembering it working really well on a forum I used to be on. You don't "win" anything as such, but you get to pick the next theme. But there needs to be a couple of rules, otherwise the whole thing would go to hell. So here they are, shamelessly nicked from the forum I got the idea from:

1. Write on-topic, for if you do not, it can be as good as it wants, it doesn't count

2. Try to keep each story under 10,000 characters, but if you go over it's okay, just use common sense (as a rough guide, 1000 words plus spaces and punctuation still leaves you some room)

3. Don't plagarise. we probably can't check if you do, but wtf's the point?

3.ii. No seriously. Don't.

4. This thread is for posting the stories and discussion. There'll be another one for the voting. (assuming this takes off)

5. Give constructive criticism when you are responding. The odds are that you're hardly perfect either, Plus, given the fact that there's a week to write these, it'd be pretty difficult to write a masterpiece

6. Do everything you can to give it a title. Means that when the voting comes, your story's less likely to get confused with another, plus it just looks nicer

7. A week tafter we start (want to see who's interested before starting - hence, no theme yet), new entries won't be counted.. You'll then have a day to vote for the stories from best to worst. Overall Winner gets to pick the next theme.

8. Enjoy it. It's a creative writing exercise first, a competition second

the theme for this one is 'Hope'. You've got until the 24th of January to submit your entries! After that, I'll open a thread for voting up, which I'll explain the method of in said thread. Now get writing!

_______

Of course, it's only worth doing if people waNt to do it, so who's up for it?

Does it have to be in English? I love writing, but my English skills are... terrible. :(

May I write in German? plz? :supersad:

It's a hard one that. since people can't critique. you could use this to develop your english though, I'm sure people would understand... or if it's writing in english that's the problem, you could try translating the German in to English after you've finished. It's up to you :)

It's a hard one that. since people can't critique. you could use this to develop your english though, I'm sure people would understand... or if it's writing in english that's the problem, you could try translating the German in to English after you've finished. It's up to you :)

Can I send a German version and ppl could use Google Translate?

<_<

I'm waiting. You know, I love writing, but I lack English skills. It'd be pretty hard for me with the grammar, etc.

ooh no, I mean don't start writing it yet, because I haven't thought of a theme :LOL: I don't see why we can't try the translator option, even if it's a rough translation,people would still be able to get the gist of it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived