Ross

Ooh, I just saw this, shame it didn't work out the first time, it's a really good idea.

But if you were to do another one now, whether the same theme or different, I'd happily get involved :) It's my holidays now, I guess I have the time...

I like the idea of 'Escape' as a theme, or maybe 'Connection'. Those are just some suggestions if you end up needing them :happy:

Hey, have you guys ever done one of those "start a story, everyone continues it sentence by sentence/ paragraph by paragraph" things? That could be interesting to do, wonder if one's been done on the boards before...

Might be a bit hard to do, seeing as sometimes they're done in a way that you can't see what the above person wrote, but I think we could shape it to fit our forum-y needs :p

Anyone interested? If they are I may start a thread... Sorry, just took over THIS thread with my idea :facepalm:

If this is still going on, or could start with the proper motivation, then I'm in.

This might not be a good idea to anyone else, but maybe for "Topics" you could just use Muse songs. Like say, first comp. could be a title from Showbiz, then the second comp. would be from Absolution and so on and so forth.

Ooh, I just saw this, shame it didn't work out the first time, it's a really good idea.

But if you were to do another one now, whether the same theme or different, I'd happily get involved :) It's my holidays now, I guess I have the time...

I like the idea of 'Escape' as a theme, or maybe 'Connection'. Those are just some suggestions if you end up needing them :happy:

Hey, have you guys ever done one of those "start a story, everyone continues it sentence by sentence/ paragraph by paragraph" things? That could be interesting to do, wonder if one's been done on the boards before...

Might be a bit hard to do, seeing as sometimes they're done in a way that you can't see what the above person wrote, but I think we could shape it to fit our forum-y needs :p

Anyone interested? If they are I may start a thread... Sorry, just took over THIS thread with my idea :facepalm:

I love this!! count me in :happy: I always play that on long trips in the car. We could even make it Muse related, and have like, the Adventrues of The trio from Teignmouth or something, baha.

Also, count me in for this thread also! Im all up for creative writing. So is the theme still hope? I like ^^ above idea for 'Escape' very muchly :happy::yesey:

Once upon a time MAffo Bellermee fell in love wiv me and we had babies

The end

*awards first prize*

Congratulations, you successfully captured what every girl (and some of the boys) on this forum think every day :rolleyes:

*wipes tear* It was... beautiful :supersad:

*clapclapclapclapclap* :D

Fanfiction?? Why? :D

I do sort of like the title idea though- why would a non-muser be doing a short story competition on a Muse board?

Well I like my 'Escape' idea. And NOT because of the song! :phu: At all.

it actually wasn't. It's just because I had an idea in mind that sort of fitted. Plus it's a cool topic to think about.

But again, why would a non-muser be participating in a short sotry competition on a muse board??

Besides, most song titles are universial for a prompt: I.E. Invincible, Escape, Sunburn, Ruled By Secrecy, Resistance, Uprising, Citizen Erased...

You could take any of those and think of it in a non-Muse way if you wanted to...

I have a short script entitled 'ESCAPE!! ESCAPE!!"... don't think it could successfully be turned into prose, though :erm:

Or maybe.... Hmmm...

Edit: Non-Muse means the non-muse bit of the board. i.e. where people like me, who don't really like Muse that much anymore, post because of the people rather than the band.

But again, why would a non-muser be participating in a short sotry competition on a muse board??

Besides, most song titles are universial for a prompt: I.E. Invincible, Escape, Sunburn, Ruled By Secrecy, Resistance, Uprising, Citizen Erased...

You could take any of those and think of it in a non-Muse way if you wanted to...

Thank you for seeing what I was trying to say.

It'd be better if you submitted the stories and posted them without the author's name.

I agree.

Fanfiction?? Why? :D

I do sort of like the title idea though- why would a non-muser be doing a short story competition on a Muse board?

I think they meant people who post in the non-Muse sections who might not necessarily be that enthusiastic about Muse anymore? I mean, I do still kinda like Muse but I'm not exactly inspired by the idea of using their song titles as a base for a short story. I'd rather just stick to general themes.

If I managed to actually take part this is.

I think they meant people who post in the non-Muse sections who might not necessarily be that enthusiastic about Muse anymore? I mean, I do still kinda like Muse but I'm not exactly inspired by the idea of using their song titles as a base for a short story. I'd rather just stick to general themes.

If I managed to actually take part this is.

I do see that now, I get it. :D

I think maybe we could... alternate between titles and general themes, maybe? Do 1 title, 2 general, 1 title, etc.. Keep both parties happy?

Cos I've got one for Invincible. :awesome: If I could get us started??

Right. who's all actually up for doing this still then?

And as an aside, I'd really rather not turn this into a Muse themed thing, purely because I think it'd be gimmicky. Although with that being said, I'm not going to say "no, you can't do that" if the person's won the right to pick the theme from the last round

Archived