I'm not a troll!

Don't get me wrong, Muse are pretty much all I listen too and Bellamy is a god. I've seen them live, front row standing and it was fucking incredible.

I'm not saying he isn't talented, but I have to be honest, as a guitar player myself, He is not that good a guitarist!

He does not play anything very technical and all their 'big hits' can be covered on the guitar quite simply.

Views?

EDIT:

I think the poorly chosen title is giving you people the wrong idea...

When I say he's not good, I mean stick him on his own, no singing, just sitting on a chair with his guitar and all he can play is very simple stuff. Now combine him with his voice, creativity, feeling and song writting and that is what makes him special. I dont been bad as in the music itself is bad.

And stop saying 1000 npm is not always good, I dint say fast did I? I have tried to learn Hotel California Solo, which is fairy slow yes? Its fucking impossible. Where as the Hysteria solo is like 10 mins practise and you know it.

To all you people disagreeing with me, some quotes from the man himself:

"but it's not difficult what I do"

"I tend to do things quite simple"

"Definitely technically I'n not very good at all"

I incase you still dont get it, I know this is not what makes him brilliant! It's just an observation..

Not that it matters to me but I don't see how him not playing anything technical makes him a bad guitarist?

I never said he was bad...Just saying he is average, and because if he was brilliant he would show it of with more technical material.

I am also not saying you cannot have a simple guitar riff/ solo that isnt magical. For example, Hysteria solo I adore. Yet my brother who is has been playing guitar less than a year can play it to a good standard

K... I get your point but, its not well supported, because, if matt doesnt play technical stuff its not that he is bad or regular... Its that Muse ist a technical band,because one of Muse's best features is not beign like other band... Is beign themselves(:awesome:) so what im saying is that Playing normal stuff doesnt make you a good guitar player, it makes you a lame one.

But well thats your opinion, and i play guitar too, some of his solos are simple, but they still sound awesome :D

I don't want to sound like a stereotypical teenage muse fan, shooting down any opinion opposing to my own BUT I think you're misunderestimating his skill a bit...he's considered to be the greatest guitarist of this decade...:unsure:

it's all well and good being able to cover the songs easily...if you're a good enough musician and have sufficient skill you can play any song you want, be it Beethoven to Hendrix...but to write it and create it is something else completely.

Then again, i don't play guitar so what would i know :LOL:

for me that has nothing to do how good he is at guitar or paino or something.

what matters for me is the music, and not how good they are on their instruments.

and i think it´s better when they´re not that difficult to play on various instruments because then you can cover tthe songs better and so you feel closer to the band.

my view. :rolleyes::LOL:

edit: MATT IS THE BEST ! :p:awesome:

:shifty:

In my opinion... he doesn't have to show off all of his mad guitar skills. I do believe he's capable of many things beyond plenty of guitarists abilities because well...he's a fantastic guitar player. However, just because he doesn't add any advanced guitar tricks into his songs or out on stage, doesn't mean he can't do it or is "average:phu:". Plus, he's shown us many amazing things on the guitar that are not average.

*coughs* so my point here is...I disagree with you. (he's a brilliant guitar player)

end of rant :rolleyes:

I don't want to sound like a stereotypical teenage muse fan, shooting down any opinion opposing to my own BUT I think you're misunderestimating his skill a bit...he's considered to be the greatest guitarist of the this decade...:unsure:

it's all well and good being able to cover the songs easily...if you're a good enough musician and have sufficient skill you can play any song you want, be it Beethoven to Hendrix...but to write it and create it is something else completely.

Then again, i don't play guitar so what would i know :LOL:

+1

Thats muse's meaning so... Like you said, writing it and creating it is what matters!!!

I'm not a troll!

Don't get me wrong, Muse are pretty much all I listen too and Bellamy is a god. I've seen them live, front row standing and it was fucking incredible.

I'm not saying he isn't talented, but I have to be honest, as a guitar player myself, He is not that good a guitarist!

He does not play anything very technical and all their 'big hits' can be covered on the guitar quite simply.

Views?

see, music doesnt always have to be complicated. simple music is really good. im not saying that matt is a god. for i am an atheist ;). but i think youre wrong, for those reasons. he is a good guitarist, maybe you have played complicated songs on the guitar and you feel good about yourself. now youre comparing yourself to otherswho don't play AS complicated music than you. seriously, i think you need to just listen to music for the way its put together and how the notes come together in the song. like first listen to the vocals, the the guitar, then the bass, then the drums. BUT DON'T JUDGE HOW COMPLICATED THE SONG IS!!! simplicity is the key... period.

Archived