tbh right matt is fooking awesome at guitar because everyone always thinks bein good at guitar is playing fast as hell and shredding like mad and doing huge loud solos but it isnt.

I mean obviously you have to be able to play and being good at improvising is a big thing to which btw matt can do :happy: (which i cant :() and his solos are composed and structured and not just a choppy mess :happy:

also the biggest thing i think about being awesome at guitar is soul...matt puts alot of emotion into his playing when he picks up that manson take falling away with you and invincible for example (im sure us musers can name many more) :happy:

so by conclusion matt is brilliantly awesome at guitar end of :happy:

but btw im not here to argue im stating that in my eyes and many other true guitarists eyes THAT is what makes a truly awesome guitar player :happy:

Look at Steve Hackett from Genesis... an amazing guitarist, but often times their song didn't include that much technically difficult guitar/lead guitar work. His solo's are not easy to learn and his tapping was phenomenal for his time, but a lot of songs don't include that much tricky guitar work.

tbh right matt is fooking awesome at guitar because everyone always thinks bein good at guitar is playing fast as hell and shredding like mad and doing huge loud solos but it isnt.

I mean obviously you have to be able to play and being good at improvising is a big thing to which btw matt can do :happy: (which i cant :() and his solos are composed and structured and not just a choppy mess :happy:

also the biggest thing i think about being awesome at guitar is soul...matt puts alot of emotion into his playing when he picks up that manson take falling away with you and invincible for example (im sure us musers can name many more) :happy:

so by conclusion matt is brilliantly awesome at guitar end of :happy:

but btw im not here to argue im stating that in my eyes and many other true guitarists eyes THAT is what makes a truly awesome guitar player :happy:

+1!!! :happy:, especially that first and last sentence :yesey:.

To me, what makes Muse wonderful is not Matt's technical guitar skills. That's a small part of it, but for me it's mostly the originality of the music as a whole, and the way it makes me feel when I listen to it.

This. :yesey: Matt is still amazing at guitar and the solo in Citizen Erased gives me chills every time I hear it. But for me it's the feeling I have when listening to their music. It's so different and no other band has done that for me.

Hmm. OP has some points- at no point, live or studio have we seen anything technically outstanding. But his strength is in his perfect playing of parts, especially live, where he pulls off not only that, but adds effects he has to control (Kaoss, sustainer) and has to sing (probably a major reason for simpler guitar parts).

You're all right- a guitarist might be technically awesome, but Matt's simple parts have a lot more impact. Although, while I love solos such as in SS and Hysteria, I dislike how they're rigid, more like another melody than a solo. I prefer more organic solos- GL, US and Exo I are probably better at this. But like I said, I love the solos in SS and Hysteria, proof that simplicity works.

I'm not a troll!

Don't get me wrong, Muse are pretty much all I listen too and Bellamy is a god. I've seen them live, front row standing and it was fucking incredible.

I'm not saying he isn't talented, but I have to be honest, as a guitar player myself, He is not that good a guitarist!

He does not play anything very technical and all their 'big hits' can be covered on the guitar quite simply.

Views?

EDIT:

I think the poorly chosen title is giving you people the wrong idea...

When I say he's not good, I mean stick him on his own, no singing, just sitting on a chair with his guitar and all he can play is very simple stuff. Now combine him with his voice, creativity, feeling and song writting and that is what makes him special. I dont been bad as in the music itself is bad.

And stop saying 1000 npm is not always good, I dint say fast did I? I have tried to learn Hotel California Solo, which is fairy slow yes? Its fucking impossible. Where as the Hysteria solo is like 10 mins practise and you know it.

To all you people disagreeing with me, some quotes from the man himself:

"but it's not difficult what I do"

"I tend to do things quite simple"

"Definitely technically I'n not very good at all"

I incase you still dont get it, I know this is not what makes him brilliant! It's just an observation..

I'm sorry but...

obvious_troll.jpg

Well yeah, so what if Matt's guitar skills are simple? I don't really see how thay're hard either... I think the reason everyone loves his skill is because he knows what to do with it. Like, he's in catalogues for best guitarists or whatever because he does things that most guitarists don't normally think about making, you know?

Think about it. If you listen to riffs or whatever, they're really different than other guitarists you normally hear. That's why he's so awesome.

Guest Octazooka

Just one question to whoever made this thread:

If you think that Matt isn't a good guitar player, why are you still in this board? :wtf:

/calls for b33f

Just one question to whoever made this thread:

If you think that Matt isn't a good guitar player, why are you still in this board? :wtf:

/calls for b33f

He isn't thinking Matt is a bad guitar player ffs. Why are you all missing the fucking point?!

He's just saying he isn't SUPER-ULTRA-UBER-WTF-ZOMG or whatever. And as he's said:

IT'S NOT BAD

He's probs just a fan as everybody here. Don't be so overprotective :rolleyes:

He isn't thinking Matt is a bad guitar player ffs. Why are you all missing the fucking point?!

He's just saying he isn't SUPER-ULTRA-UBER-WTF-ZOMG or whatever. And as he's said:

IT'S NOT BAD

He's probs just a fan as everybody here. Don't be so overprotective :rolleyes:

We cant help being protective of our Matteh ;).

We know we don't need to be protective of Matt, everyone knows he can look after himself.... he did create the universe after all.

:LOL:

You know what I really love about Matt's guitar playing? He plays it almost as though its a part of him, like its an extra limb or something. Lol.

This isn't a reaction to anything btw, I just felt like saying it. :happy:

Archived