Maybe he isn't the best guitarist, but he's REALLY GOOD.

You say you can play their songs (Muse) on guitar very easily, but, every song is easy to play on the guitar if you know how to play it!

The important thing is that you COMPOSE the music, the lyrics, etc. At that, Matt is the best!!

Now compose a song, the lyrics, the notes, etc, Now that's not easy or is it?

Also Matt SINGS AND PLAYS GUITAR, so he couldn't make a really difficult song, because he wouldn't be able to do it live.

And Muse Live > Muse studio

PERIOD

So:

/FAIL

kk, #1 matt is NOT the best in the world but thats your own opinion and i cant change that. #2 its true that you cant have a REALLY complicated song on the guitar, and sing without mistakes. really people be realistic here

This thread is silly. I'm sure some of you can play Muse songs pretty well yourself, but I'd like to see you get onstage and be half as unbelievable as Matt. Sometimes simplicity is the key. If you can make something simple sound amazing, then thats where the genius lies.

THIS.

All I can say is, when you're told how to play something, its a lot easier than coming up with it in the first place.

Playing guitar and singing at the same time always impresses me. That's what I like about the fact Muse are a trio. And also, just because he doesn't play ridiculous high-speed power metal solos, that doesn't mean he's a bad guitarist. Because if he did start playing ridiculous high-speed power metal solos, it would sound completely out of place.

I don't want to sound like a stereotypical teenage muse fan, shooting down any opinion opposing to my own BUT I think you're misunderestimating his skill a bit...he's considered to be the greatest guitarist of this decade...:unsure:

it's all well and good being able to cover the songs easily...if you're a good enough musician and have sufficient skill you can play any song you want, be it Beethoven to Hendrix...but to write it and create it is something else completely.

Then again, i don't play guitar so what would i know :LOL:

i agree,he's not considerd one of the greatest guitar players just because he can play the guitar,and yes i agree completly about writing songs.it ok if you can cover them but can you write them?

no you're right. he is good but you're better.

Fuck off and stop making assumptions. I never said I was better, in fact i'm pretty shitty. But it's enough to know his music isnt technical. And if you read this, I also didnt say that not being techincal is bad. I think the music is amazing.

Geez you fans are protective of your Bellamy! Nothing wrong with a bit of critisism...

Maybe he isn't the best guitarist, but he's REALLY GOOD.

You say you can play their songs (Muse) on guitar very easily, but, every song is easy to play on the guitar if you know how to play it!

The important thing is that you COMPOSE the music, the lyrics, etc. At that, Matt is the best!!

Now compose a song, the lyrics, the notes, etc, Now that's not easy or is it?

Also Matt SINGS AND PLAYS GUITAR, so he couldn't make a really difficult song, because he wouldn't be able to do it live.

And Muse Live > Muse studio

PERIOD

So:

/FAIL

That is exactly my point. It is all these other elements that make him brilliant. PS Im not saying they're easy to play because I am brilliant on the guitar, I'm pretty poor. which is how I know they fairly straight forward.

Ask me to write something similar, well, it's impossible to get close

Matt has said himself that he doesn't think he's very good... we all know if you compare him to an incredibly skilled guitarist then technically he won't seem very good... but i think he is great for having his own style and doing something different to what i and many other people have heard before. Just a matter of opinion though innit. So well done for the crap thread :p

lol silly thread - i get what your saying but nobody thinks if he played on his own he would be amazing i dont think. dont forget that he is first and foremost a piano player, and hes absolutely brilliant at that.

his stuff may not be complicated, but as a guitarist and a frontman he is absolutely entertaining, and i cant say that about the likes of kirk hammett (although hes rather poo, just my example).

I think it's more Matt's style that his technical ability that people admire more.

He's a self taught guitarist and naturally there are going to be elements of his trade that are going to be a bit weak or lacking. I think when you see Muse live and when they just jam and just play you really get to see matt for who he is.

He's very creative, and entertaining front man and those are some of things that arguably some more technical and lesser known players will not that have.

I can't think of many more guitarist than Tom Morello, Matt Bellamy Jimi Jendrix etc etc and Jim Davies (ex prodigy guitar player) that really excite me in anyway.

What else are fans for? :p

Geez you fans are protective of your Bellamy! Nothing wrong with a bit of critisism...

Agree...... but what did you seriously expect from a MUSE forum? You wouldn't go into a Christian forum and say the bible is lacking in reality and substance would you? Lol. If you wanted serious debate then this message would have been better posted away from the MUSE forum hun. :)

Well when someone has a favorite band they tend to say it's the best in the world. (That's why the word "opinion" exists)

In my opinion Muse is the best band, because it's my favorite.

muse is also my all time fave band. but i don't think matt is the BEST. he's talented, has a nice imagination and good creativity.

You guys are trying to argue against me but you are infact agreeing with my point exactly

lol, you had to know making a post with that subject title was going to get some fans riled up, yes? I understand what you are saying, but you might want to tweek the post title.

There are a lot of technical guitar players that bore me to tears. I like the feeling I get from Matt's guitar playing, same goes for like Jack White's from-the-hip type playing. I find a lot of technical playing kind of soulless and it can lack emotion. I'm probably in the minority though.

Archived