i paint too (besides other artistic things) and like you... sometimes when i hear muse i paint stuff i wouldnt draw normally... like the other day, i was hearing SFA and i ended up painting the beach , mostly ocean, by night with saturn and 3 of its moons in the sky with 2 yellow flowers in a cliff...

:LOL: super off-topic but good to know :D

and i thought some of my stuff is out of it, i would be painting now but *sighs* the table i would use to put my table top easel is broken and there is not really anywhere else good enough to do the painting yes i am fussy i am an artist i am allowed to be right. But at least we know the effect muse has on us artistically i mean they helped stephine write twilight. i just hope matt dont see the thread about matts hair lol...:LOL::LOL::LOL::eek:

and i thought some of my stuff is out of it, i would be painting now but *sighs* the table i would use to put my table top easel is broken and there is not really anywhere else good enough to do the painting yes i am fussy i am an artist i am allowed to be right. But at least we know the effect muse has on us artistically i mean they helped stephine write twilight. i just hope matt dont see the thread about matts hair lol...:LOL::LOL::LOL::eek:

aw... its a pity it is broken... but.. you can always draw something on a paper :D!

yes... i hope matt doesnt see the hair-thread... i support that his haircut now makes him look old... :LOL:

wow! this tread isnt locked yet!:LOL:

aw... its a pity it is broken... but.. you can always draw something on a paper :D!

thats true, make matters worse when the table broke is i was working on a painting when it happened luckily i didnt stuff the painting up

yes... i hope matt doesnt see the hair-thread... i support that his haircut now makes him look old... :LOL:

i know and if he does support that style dont look at me

wow! this tread isnt locked yet!:LOL:

would these threads end up locked

I'd be more concerned about the teeth discussion than the hair one tbh, though have to admit I haven't bothered to look at the hair one properly.

Lots of syphillis and doubt in that one.:stunned:

IMO there's nothing much wrong with Matt's teeth or his hair or his guitar playing or his lyric writing or his set design or his setlist planning or his singing or his breathing or his energy or his politics. Have I forgotten anything? :p

I'd be more concerned about the teeth discussion than the hair one tbh, though have to admit I haven't bothered to look at the hair one properly.

Lots of syphillis and doubt in that one.:stunned:

IMO there's nothing much wrong with Matt's teeth or his hair or his guitar playing or his lyric writing or his set design or his setlist planning or his singing or his breathing or his energy or his politics. Have I forgotten anything? :p

yeah you have i wont say what... just you think about it for a moment :p

This thread is silly. I'm sure some of you can play Muse songs pretty well yourself, but I'd like to see you get onstage and be half as unbelievable as Matt. Sometimes simplicity is the key. If you can make something simple sound amazing, then thats where the genius lies.

This thread is silly. I'm sure some of you can play Muse songs pretty well yourself, but I'd like to see you get onstage and be half as unbelievable as Matt. Sometimes simplicity is the key. If you can make something simple sound amazing, then thats where the genius lies.

EXACTLY

yeah you have i wont say what... just you think about it for a moment :p

This is like a quiz now!:) Um um um! Are you thinking about his enunciation? Poor guy might as well end it all now!;) Apart from the fact that he's actually a sweet-faced, intelligent, amazing musician.:)

I know better guitarists, better pianists, and better singers than Matt (but not yet anyone that's as good at all three. :chuckle:) But anyway... like Hopix said in terms of "by the book" technique he's not "good" but he has so much musicality and the sounds he makes with his instruments negate that and in the end it doesn't really matter, imo.

This is like a quiz now!:) Um um um! Are you thinking about his enunciation? Poor guy might as well end it all now!;) Apart from the fact that he's actually a sweet-faced, intelligent, amazing musician.:)

yes i was and i know poor guy.. and i agree he is a sweet faced intelligent musician, he looks to be one of those guys that if your not having a good time at a party he would find out why lol.

I actually have to agree with this post. Matt Bellamy is a very competent guitar player. Compared to other new guitarists of this generation, he is with the best of the best. But, I think this speaks more of the lack of influential and virtuosic guitar players that have come in this generation.

Matt's chord progressions and solos do not scream brilliant musical technicality, nor difficulty. He hasn't really done anything to set himself apart from other guitarists on the grand scale of things.

We do have to take into account that he sings while playing guitar, which is actually way harder then you would think (anyone who plays can tell you that). You don't see many lead guitarists perform face melting solos or complex progressions (minus Dave Mustaine, I hate Megadeath, but the dude can play).

Best guitarist of the decade? Eh maybe, not many guitarists pop out in my mind

One of the best of all time? No, no, no, no. He's got a longggggg way to go before he can be mentioned in this conversation.

Matt himself is modest about his guitar playing skills in this interview at 5.15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PCDD2X36t0

+1

i know that matt makes his music simple. i like that. like i said before just because a song is simple doesn't mean that the musician is not talented. the musician is talented for his imagination and creativity of the song. they put lyrics to music and put together a melody that migh t ye be only 2 notes on a particular instrument, but yet their talent may surpass some of those that make different, more complicated music.

The only thing that makes this thread fail is that it has been talked about a couple times before. Otherwise, the truth is, he's not that great. He makes a lot of mistakes live, and he does play very simple stuff. Here is the thing though, simple doesn't make you a bad guitar player. Not even mistakes, though they don't make you good. :D

Anyway, point is, it depends on what you classify as a good guitarist... Technically, matt is not that great. Feeling wise, he is one of the best, though these days you can guess what his feeling 'moves' are going to be... so he use to be one of the best.

The only thing that makes this thread fail is that it has been talked about a couple times before. Otherwise, the truth is, he's not that great. He makes a lot of mistakes live, and he does play very simple stuff. Here is the thing though, simple doesn't make you a bad guitar player. Not even mistakes, though they don't make you good. :D

Anyway, point is, it depends on what you classify as a good guitarist... Technically, matt is not that great. Feeling wise, he is one of the best, though these days you can guess what his feeling 'moves' are going to be... so he use to be one of the best.

Actually, I was just reminded of an interview with Omar Rodruez-Lez (The Mars Volta) that I read earlier today where he said that he didn't consider himself a good guitarist at all, like he hides behind effects and stuff and really struggles to play, even though a lot of people think he's good.

i agree with some things you have broght up, BUT everyone makes mistakes, matt CAN'T be perfect during a live concert. but still i like simple things... how many thimes am i going to say that simplicity is the key?

plus this is the type of music matt likes, he's expressing himself n the ways that he wants to, and making music for others to enjoy. but i guess you can say that youre just another critic. :rolleyes:

Archived