Progress of making a Mattocaster guitar myself.

Delorean

Which wood for the neck ? (and why)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which wood for the neck ? (and why)

• Curly Maple
    • Birds-eye Maple

x_c0ccc0bb.jpg

Old picture.

This question is probably very stupid and vague :LOL:

But anyway,

You see the 4 holes in the mirror for the fuzz factory (2 behind the floyd rose and 2 near the edge),which knobs would you suggest where? (Obviously the Comp and Stab behind the bridge and drive and gate near the edge), but in which order,so to which side shall I put the comp or stab...

I know it actually doesnt matter,oh well :rolleyes:

Yes, that was bought on ebay from Musecasters a few years back, I was there when it was signed at Reading Festival in 2002, Matt signed it 'Nice Piece'.....it was the first guitar that Musecasters built, including the neck from my first guitar, a squier stratocaster. Then the new owner went and butchered it for his guitar :-(

signed01.jpg

Although,I came across a small problem.

The mirror had a scratch on it (very small one) behind the white cover:eek:

As it is very small,I think I will not worry...:$

So here we go:

x_f70c1d0c.jpg

x_562b82a0.jpg

x_6b3c3ccc.jpg

x_d9c81adf.jpg

x_ebd300d1.jpg

x_96eea309.jpg

You can bearly see it,but it is quite visible with the tourch :stunned:

WOOOW :awesome:

So is the mirror glued on there now?

Also, when the time comes to spray the lacquer, will the top be masked off, or will the lacquer cover everything, mirror top and all (except the backplates, of course)?

WOOOW :awesome:

So is the mirror glued on there now?

Also, when the time comes to spray the lacquer, will the top be masked off, or will the lacquer cover everything, mirror top and all (except the backplates, of course)?

No,no,no. It isn't glued yet,I just put the body and the mirror together to take a picture. I think I will be gluing after I did the pain job.:D

No,no,no. It isn't glued yet,I just put the body and the mirror together to take a picture. I think I will be gluing after I did the pain job.:D

Ah cool, so the mirror won't be lacquered. That's cool.

But you complain about this one little scratch... if there's no lacquer going on top of it, then do you really think the mirror will still be fresh and new after even a couple of months? Guitars accumulate scratches are they're played over time. It won't stay mint forever ;)

Archived