Progress of making a Mattocaster guitar myself.

Delorean

Which wood for the neck ? (and why)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which wood for the neck ? (and why)

• Curly Maple
    • Birds-eye Maple

Hmm... you actually taking it in? I don't know what they'd think, but even so, I doubt they'd take the guitar from you and burn it or anything :LOL:

If you're taking shot requests... I must say, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of front and back shots, either in a stand or against the wall. Just to get an overall impression of it :)

Well,I have spoke to Tim and he said that it looks great and that he wouldn't mind seeing it :p

I'll post the pictures tommorow.:rolleyes:

that looks very nice.

So, you guitar building has come a long way, but your photography needs some work. Don't you have a room with a wooden floor? Maybe you have some wooden decking in the garden on which to photograph it? Natural light is always better too.

You DON'T need about 2000 pics of tiny little bits of the guitar that are all getting in the way of the full body+neck+headstock pics that everyone wants at the end of the album/post.

Also I think I requested Delorean in pooper but maybe I forgot?

If so. Going down the guitar (starting from the first fuzz knob - which is closer to your face if you have the guitar hanging).It goes: Stab,Comp,Drive and then Gate at the bottom. The other knobs are volume (of guitar) and tone,the third one is the sustainer intensity ;)

My wiring turned out crap. Sustainer doesn't work and the kill switch is shit - makes the pooping noise and even on the off it still lets the sound go through a bit.

So I have emailed Mansons to do all the wiring for me. I'm not quite sure if they would want to work with a Mattocaster replica but if they will then I'm pretty lucky :p

They are going to charge you an arm and a leg for it, it's probably all an easy fix and if you post detailed pics of all the wiring we should all be able to help.

Im going to USA so I would not be able to carry on doing it so I might as well give it to mansons for a month or two. Obviously I will ask them how much they are likely to charge me for it.

I doubt it is going to be that much because everything is pretty much done and the sustainer mught actually be faulty.

Thanks for wanting to help though

Archived