Progress of making a Mattocaster guitar myself.

Delorean

Which wood for the neck ? (and why)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which wood for the neck ? (and why)

• Curly Maple
    • Birds-eye Maple

For thу body I have used a 3mm perspex acrylic mirror. It is white because of the plastic cover (not to get it scratched before I actually use it)

Thats how I did it,with a flame gun (or whatever you call it).

Here are some pictures :happy:

I have cut the holes for all the electronics and stuff like that. The back plates fit well which is good.

The mirror fits perfectly now.

Cant really say anything else :$

Your go :D

Aha. Thought it might be something to do with heat ;)

My go? Well... if you mean me, then I was just saying you've given me a few ideas guitar-wise.

I've always wanted a Telecaster, and I've always wanted a Fernandes Sustainer... I came up with a decent enough Kisekae model (a sort of online guitar builder), but couldn't decide on a finish. Then I saw this thread, and thought, mirror perspex on a mahogany back! Like the M1D1, but without the cracks... like Les Paul Goldtops, but chrome.

I'm fucked money-wise right now, so it might not happen for ages. But it would be nice. Tele, sustainer guitar, and Matt Bellamy tribute model all in one :awesome:

Looking forward to further updates. This is looking AWESOME!

I need some help with chosing an amplifier. I know it is usually on the personal taste,but Im not very experienced and have only got a Roland Cube 15x.

Which make (or a specific amplifier) do you think goes well with mansons or replicas?

Thanks in advance.

what kind of sound are you after and how much volume do you need?

Well,muse and dream theater are my favourite bands,therefore I'm looking fir their sound. Although they are very different.

I don want a huge one,I'm only going to use it at home for practise and fun.I will also use it for recording and a few SMALL gigs.

I even think that my cube x is loud enough ;)

thanks

yeah maybe the blackheart low wattage amps, or the RAT amps which are the blackhearts with some mods and additional features. they look good to me! i know rust relic is playing through one a lot now rather than his diezel.

yeah maybe the blackheart low wattage amps, or the RAT amps which are the blackhearts with some mods and additional features. they look good to me! i know rust relic is playing through one a lot now rather than his diezel.

The Blackhearts,they are just the heads as I'm am aware,but I want an amplifier all in one sort of thing.I really like the ones which have just ONE knob (which is volume) and they are usually valve and sound awesome :happy:

Do you know what other makes are there that are like that?

Thanks,I need to decide on that quite soon :rolleyes:

I think Blackheart do a combo as well.

I dunno about combos with just a volume control though...

Allright,the thing is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on the amp.What about the cabs,any decent ones for a good price?

Also,this is a head,right?http://www.blackhearteng.com/bh5h.html

cheers

I've read that it is more for clasic rock stuff or Clapton. As I said Im looking for an amp to play muse on a replica and dream theater stuff.

I'll try to listen to it thought.

Not the amp for you I think, you'll need a very versatile amp, I think you'd probably get far with a nice 3 channel amp.

One that does both clean and high gain very well, and has a nice in between channel.

Hmm here is a better question, what's your budget? Forgive me if you have already said.

Well it depends,probably a max of 400-500 pounds.

What do you think about the Kustom amplifier,I have posted a link earlier...:rolleyes:

Archived