Progress of making a Mattocaster guitar myself.

Delorean

Which wood for the neck ? (and why)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which wood for the neck ? (and why)

• Curly Maple
    • Birds-eye Maple

This is true,but I wanted to make a special guitar.Say,making a les paul,and what?It would be just a les paul,there are billions of them out there,but what about Mansons (Matts shape),I dont think it even reaches a hundred.:rolleyes:

Of course it's special, they're custom made for matt to fit his playing style.

Just like the gibson les paul was custom made for slash

Well, this guy actually:

les_paul_1895562.jpg

and the shape isn't as 'special' as it once was in my opinion. (meaning now that they're being poorly copied etc)

I went into a guitar shop today and have tried some more amps. Now my choice is either a VOX Valvetronix VT30 or a VOX AC15VR (Valve Reactor).The AC15 in my opinion has a better clean sound,although it doesn't have all of those fancy "amps" and effects,but I have also decided on an effect pedal/s.

I know that most people say that it is gay buying a multi effect pedal such as a Boss ME-50,but I have found this baby,Line 6 M13,as some of you know it has over 100 different effects and us quite easy in use (sounds great too,way better than a boss one)

Opinions? :)

he didn't say a multi fx. he said get a stand alone dirt pedal for your distortion. if the distortion on the m13 sounds good to you though stick with it.

Didn't read it properly,:stunned:

Allright,I was actually going to get one anyway,but stil haven't decided which one :$

Nah you can see it is 3 in the first pic.

Seems like a very cost effective way of doing it in my mind, three thinner sheets of mahogany would probably be cheaper than say, two much thicker planks of it, wouldn't it?

So long as the surfaces are all glued right the way through and across the whole surface I doubt there would really be any difference in sound either!

i see it now.

i get what you mean, but i thought multi piece bodies are generally joined like this...

eg7dsk.jpg

(see the join below the bridge... it's a two piece body, but same thing)

...rather than how that mahogany is a 3-ply body.

No,it's one piece. it looks like it is from 3 bits because I was trimming it to the size of the яскндшс in stages.

Looks like there's changes in the grain and everything. Weird.

It's all one piece? Didn't realise you could get mahogany that size. Most mahogany bodies tend to be 2 or 3 pieces don't they?

Archived