Progress of making a Mattocaster guitar myself.

Delorean

Which wood for the neck ? (and why)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which wood for the neck ? (and why)

• Curly Maple
    • Birds-eye Maple

if you want to spend a tad more than you're thinking i'd go with this:

Half stack

Head

So far i havent heard one bad word about Egnater Amps, Heck, even Muse use one (albeit a more expensive one) Live...

This sounds great,but the thing is that I'm going to study in UK staring from next year,so I want an amp which isnt very big.:$

What do you guys think about a VOX Valvetronix models?

I want an amp which isnt very big.:$

Buy the head and a 1x10 then, surely you can find room for a 10' speaker enclosure wherever you are staying...

Heck a 1x12' isnt very big either...IMHO the Valvetronix stuff is going to be larger than a 1x12 with a small sized head like the Egnater anyway...

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAWlSrmj9lk&feature=player_embedded

Look how tiny it is!

Buy the head and a 1x10 then, surely you can find room for a 10' speaker enclosure wherever you are staying...

Heck a 1x12' isnt very big either...IMHO the Valvetronix stuff is going to be larger than a 1x12 with a small sized head like the Egnater anyway...

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAWlSrmj9lk&feature=player_embedded

Look how tiny it is!

This actually sounвы really good.I will see how much money I can spend because this is quite expensive.

The Vox Valvetronix VT30 looks good too,it is the right size and quite cheap (about 150 pounds),but all those effects and stuff,usually the effects aint that good on the combos. I'm a crap guitarist though,have only been playing for about 2 years :LOL:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-guitar-amps/pid14955/cid557/vox-valvetronix-vt-series-vt30-guitar-amplifier.asp

I think things like the XY pad/Fuzz Factory oscillation have really become "Matt's", as it were... if I saw someone using a Fuzz Factory/XY pad onstage in their own set, and not doing a Muse song, I'd think... copycat :p

That said, if I had the chance to own an MB1, I would go totally balls-out and get the XY pad and everything :awesome:

No,thats just silly :LOL:

Not really a fan of kaoss pad stuff,so I'm not a matt wanabee as I'm making a guitar just for fun:happy:

Personally, I'd install the pad on mine. Not for the OMG MAFFU USES IT factor, but just because guitar effects make playing so much fun. I think I'd waste the extra buck to do it.

Not saying that you should though.

Personally, I'd install the pad on mine. Not for the OMG MAFFU USES IT factor, but just because guitar effects make playing so much fun. I think I'd waste the extra buck to do it.

Not saying that you should though.

Your choice,but seriously,it is much better having effect pedals than a KAOOOOSSSS PAD :D

They sound so much nicer,imho:rolleyes:

Ohh, dat's noice :yesey:

When will you be doing up the headstock, i.e. trimming it and fitting the plexi? :)

Soon. I haven't still done it only because I thought it would be better to do everything else first. So now I'm left with getting the the birds eye maple smooth and shiny sort of thing :LOL:

More pictures this weekend:happy:

By the way, I think I will be getting the VOX Valvetronix. I've played it and thought it sounds quite nice,very cheap as well for what it has.

Still deciding between VT30 or VT50 :unsure:

ive the VT30. It's a really nice amp. The compressor on it is savage.

tbh, either one you go for, you won't be disappointed.

Glad I'm not the only one who liked it :happy:

I thought that the VT50 would have a better sound (some say that the 12 inch speaker is always better) but then it is kind of too big for me as I want to carry it round easily..So I'll probably go for the VT30:phu:

my two favourite features of the VT30 is the attenuator on the back so if you're, for example, just playing at home, you can turn the "power" at the back down, but still turn the master on the top up, so you get the sound of the amp up on full volume, but it's not very loud. The other is the compressor. Seriously, it's just beautiful.

Archived