Yep! They hosted the Hawaiian Vaudeville Festival every year and we'd camp out on Spencer Beach (except for the one year we were on the North Shore - long story involving a big storm' date=' kayakers stuck overnight at sea, and the Coast Guard). We did have some fun times, like catapulting Spam onto the pavilion ceiling. :LOL: It stayed there.[/quote']

Well that sounds exciting!!! Of course the kayaks at sea overnight thing. No thank you. Spam tossing...I think that shoul be an official Hawaiian sport!

Well that sounds exciting!!! Of course the kayaks at sea overnight thing. No thank you. Spam tossing...I think that shoul be an official Hawaiian sport!

Well, that was nearly 10 years ago, and it was more like this big storm came in while there were out there during the day, and they got stuck there overnight at sea. It was really bad also for us campers, with 40 mph wind and all. :eek: We all had to sleep in the pavilion and tie our tents to cars.

Me: Relatively skinny, not all that tall, but not short either- Not very strong.

Would trying to get myself barrier spot be suicide?

No! If anything it's just helpful, because you just cling on to the barrier for dear life at crucial moments.

The effect will vary depending where you are... the patterns on the back wall are nice...

Yeah, I found I didn't really pay much attention to the lasers until Undisclosed Desires and I actually turned around to look at the pretty lights. :) I was near the bar though. I guess if someone really wanted to look at the full stage effects, they wouldn't want to be right up near the stage.

Heh, my first gig was Pendulum and was full of metal heads and ravers alike. I had no idea what I was in for (I went with a friend cos he offered me the ticket) and I left completely prepared for any gig in the future. That said, I feel ready for the pit at Wembley Stadium!

The only time I was in the pitch area and not on the barrier was in Vegas a few weeks ago and we hung in the back, where there's a LOT more room AND a great, wide view of the stage. During the parts when they're on the towers, it was a bit better to be in the back. You could have a dance party like we did!

Woohoo party time! :awesome:

Meanwhile, hurry up and announce Australian dates Muse!!

sorry if this has been asked before, but can you see the lasers from the pit?

The effect will vary depending where you are... the patterns on the back wall are nice...

yes you can...and occassionally get bathed in them :) i did :) and i did turn around during a new born and saw the pretty lasers all over the back wall of the O2 :)

Woohoo party time! :awesome:

Meanwhile, hurry up and announce Australian dates Muse!!

yes it shall be...though you can get a good view of the towers even up near the barrier...i was about 5 or so metres from the barrier on matthew's side at the O2 and it was a perfect view :) even with the towers up!

yes it shall be...though you can get a good view of the towers even up near the barrier...i was about 5 or so metres from the barrier on matthew's side at the O2 and it was a perfect view :) even with the towers up!

This is true. All depends where you are on the barrier. It was fine when I saw them in Houston and for most of the Phoenix gig (barrier for both); I got a lot of decent shots from both shows (click the link to see my photos from Houston, Austin, Seattle and Phoenix).

There were a few moments in Phoenix when I got a lovely view like this, though. :LOL:

P1050244.jpg

Edited by liberty

This is true. All depends where you are on the barrier. It was fine when I saw them in Houston and for most of the Phoenix gig (barrier for both); I got a lot of decent shots from both shows (click the link to see my photos from Houston, Austin, Seattle and Phoenix).

There were a few moments in Phoenix when I got a lovely view like this, though. :LOL:

P1050244.jpg

this was the view that i had from where i was standing :)

museO2.jpg

P1050244.jpg

:yesey: My view from the barrier as well.

:yesey: My view from the barrier as well.

Was this view from right at the absolute front of the barrier? I'm worried my shortness will take away from the cool of being at the very front :LOL: At least when those damn towers are being used..

and ps; Is there a video floating around on youtube of the gif in your sig? :awesome: I keep staring at it :LOL:

Was this view from right at the absolute front of the barrier? I'm worried my shortness will take away from the cool of being at the very front :LOL: At least when those damn towers are being used..

and ps; Is there a video floating around on youtube of the gif in your sig? :awesome: I keep staring at it :LOL:

I can't speak for jurrassitol, but I have a similar shot from Houston:

4459291242_b9fa89350b.jpg

Compare with a similar shot from Phoenix:

4560337916_38800d1ed6.jpg

At both shows, I was right on the barrier, right in front of Matt's tower, though I was more at an angle in Phoenix, as you can see from the second pic.

All three pics I posted were during Exogenesis. Look through all my pictures here because it'll give you a well-rounded idea of how my view was like, which was awesome, save for that one picture of Matt. :LOL:

This is probably my favorite pic of Matt, which I took in Houston:

4459283710_d882b4716b.jpg

Edited by liberty
added spoiler tags

I can't speak for jurrassitol, but I have a similar shot from Houston:

4459291242_b9fa89350b.jpg

Compare with a similar shot from Phoenix:

4560337916_38800d1ed6.jpg

At both shows, I was right on the barrier, right in front of Matt's tower, though I was more at an angle in Phoenix, as you can see from the second pic.

All three pics I posted were during Exogenesis. Look through all my pictures here because it'll give you a well-rounded idea of how my view was like, which was awesome, save for that one picture of Matt. :LOL:

This is probably my favorite pic of Matt, which I took in Houston:

4459283710_d882b4716b.jpg

Those really help! Thanks so much! And your photos are :eek: gorgeous! The visuals look amazing!

I needed that guideline to what I could see and couldn't see RIGHT on the barrier, but from this, stuck up against the barrier is the way to go :D

Those really help! Thanks so much! And your photos are :eek: gorgeous! The visuals look amazing!

I needed that guideline to what I could see and couldn't see RIGHT on the barrier, but from this, stuck up against the barrier is the way to go :D

Thank you! And the visuals are stunning!

Definitely, if you want to be as close to the band as possible and right in the action! Try to be as close to the middle as possible for the best view (like the Houston photo).

Thank you! And the visuals are stunning!

Definitely, if you want to be as close to the band as possible and right in the action! Try to be as close to the middle as possible for the best view (like the Houston photo).

And your photos at SXSW are :eek: as well! :LOL: You got a plectrum!

Brilliant! As soon as those doors open i'm bolting for front and middle (maybe favoured a little to Matt's side :LOL:)

I actually prefer being on the side barriers than the middle on... the only thing that you need to watch out for is the massive spotlight by the edge of the stage as they can block your view but to give you an idea:

Matt's side of the barrier:

Centre barrier:

Chris' side of the barrier:

I hope this gives you better idea of where to stand...

Yes, that view is literally on the barrier. It's still the way to go though. Being close is amazing!

I will look for a link, but it's from KoC in Atlanta.

Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xmP-9osGTg&feature=related

Things get campy around the 1:00 mark. :chuckle:

I don't know how to insert the youtube vid. Can someone instruct me?

Edited by Ella

What time do most people wanting to get the front of the pit arrive? As extreme as 6am? Or perhaps around 9amish?

I was thinking of coming at 9am because it's probably going to be chilly as hell and I might not have a car to run things out to.