What time do most people wanting to get the front of the pit arrive? As extreme as 6am? Or perhaps around 9amish?

I was thinking of coming at 9am because it's probably going to be chilly as hell and I might not have a car to run things out to.

I got to Atlanta at 9:00 and was on the barrier on Matt's side, which is exactly what I was going for.

Yeah, Atlanta seemed to get busy pretty early, but it was also a Saturday which may have something to do with it. It seems like I remember reading that people at some of the other US gigs getting in line in the afternoon and still getting barrier. I guess it just kind of depends. If you're able to get there by 9:00, I'd definitely do it just to be safe. Any earlier than that is probably not necessary.

Yes, that view is literally on the barrier. It's still the way to go though. Being close is amazing!

I will look for a link, but it's from KoC in Atlanta.

Found it!

Things get campy around the 1:00 mark. :chuckle:

I don't know how to insert the youtube vid. Can someone instruct me?

I actually prefer being on the side barriers than the middle on... the only thing that you need to watch out for is the massive spotlight by the edge of the stage as they can block your view but to give you an idea:

Matt's side of the barrier:

Centre barrier:

Chris' side of the barrier:

I hope this gives you better idea of where to stand...

This is all such great (crucial) info :LOL: I'll deconstruct each vid when I get home from Uni. Thanks for all the input everyone! It's really much appreciated :D

[ yt ]url[ /yt ]

Take out the spaces in the tags when you actually embed. ;)

:dance: I did it!

This is all such great (crucial) info :LOL: I'll deconstruct each vid when I get home from Uni. Thanks for all the input everyone! It's really much appreciated :D

Oh, my video is just the one my sig is from. I have no idea where it was taken from.

Edited by Ella

Those really help! Thanks so much! And your photos are :eek: gorgeous! The visuals look amazing!

I needed that guideline to what I could see and couldn't see RIGHT on the barrier, but from this, stuck up against the barrier is the way to go :D

yeah the visuals are AMAZING...i think that's during exogenesis...those were easily my fave visuals...along with the starlight ones :)

they've lifted the bar with the LEDs :)

can we get in with a backpack or bag?

cause ill be on line's really early and it will be cold,

but then ill be worm inside... so i wanna take a backpack with me... :stunned:

Yes, but bag check means you run the risk of not getting barrier, depending on how long they take. So stupid. :(

Yes, but bag check means you run the risk of not getting barrier, depending on how long they take. So stupid. :(

Is there any way you'd be able to stash your stuff in a car or something and just freeze for the last hour or use a disposable mylar blanket? I think you'd not enjoy having to lug that around, esp. with people crammed up against you.

Luckily in Atlanta the people at the front of the line got their bags checked by security before the doors even opened. Then once the doors opened they only had to scan our tickets. So that's always a possibility.

that will not be a good thing... :mad:

Is there any way you'd be able to stash your stuff in a car or something and just freeze for the last hour or use a disposable mylar blanket? I think you'd not enjoy having to lug that around, esp. with people crammed up against you.

Luckily in Atlanta the people at the front of the line got their bags checked by security before the doors even opened. Then once the doors opened they only had to scan our tickets. So that's always a possibility.

well, if it will be too much mess, i think i will just wear 2 hoodies, and if i get hot, inside ill take it off. that will be easier, and faster i guess.

If someone lets me put my shit in their car, then yeah, that'd be amazing!

Actually, some venues won't even let you in with a large bag like a backpack. Like everyone else said, if you need to bring extra stuff with you for the queue, go back to your car about an hour before doors to put it all away.

oh i thought u where driving to all of those...

we should get someone who let us put our stuff on their car :awesome:

Dude, I'm driving up for Prudential. I got no probs if you wanna put stuff in my car. I'll be there early too, between 7 and 8 am. :D

i've got floor tix for me, my friend and her mom, will we get seperated or anything? i'd rather not have no idea where my ride home is by the end of the gig :LOL:

if you do get separated just hang back until you see them or arrange to meet up after the gig at the corner of the sounddesk etc before you go. We always take our time leaving a gig and are never the last ones out. That said the U S floor didn't look that bad and most people seemed to stay in their groups from what I could see.

if you do get separated just hang back until you see them or arrange to meet up after the gig at the corner of the sounddesk etc before you go. We always take our time leaving a gig and are never the last ones out. That said the U S floor didn't look that bad and most people seemed to stay in their groups from what I could see.

Is it easy making friends in the pit?

i know some ppl have answered this, but YES IT IS. i must say, musers are some of the easiest people to befriend and talk to in GA/Pit. there's usually a general respect for one another and look at what you have in common! lol. in fact, i became really great friends with two people at the chicago show. i decided to go by myself to the show bc all my other friends are lame and don't like muse. ended up hanging with a group of 6 ppl who all had my back in the pit and two of them I talk to like everyday now. just be smart, dress right, and enjoy yourself. :dance:

Dude, I'm driving up for Prudential. I got no probs if you wanna put stuff in my car. I'll be there early too, between 7 and 8 am. :D

:dance: great!

ill be there by there by 6 i think... probably earlier... who knows... i wanna be one of the very first :rolleyes: