I guess i'll be alone in saying that I left disappointed, but not surprised. Hearing over 50% of the songs at their last show in philly and not getting at least Cave was pretty crushing.

Started off strong at least, good energy. I'm sure for the first timers, this must have been a blast.\

Cheers

I'm also disappointed at the lack of 'Showbiz' tracks on this tour. They should at least play one.

This is my first show of the 'Resistance Tour' and while the guys are still amazing, I have to say that 'MK Ultra' desperately needs to be included more often, whether is instead of 'Guiding Light' or 'Undisclosed Desires'. As far as Muse songs go, those 2 played live are *meh*, and perhaps only good to stop and take pics or a have a bathroom break.

The drums and bass jam was awesome, though.

Easily one of the top three shows I've ever seen. This was my first time seeing Muse and they didnt dissapoint. We were on Chris' side, started 2 rows back, but halfway through the show I got to the rail. The show got 1000x better from that point on. Words just cannot describe how I feel right now. I did get the setlist from one of the up front camera guys. Apparently from friends who had seats on the back of the arena said I was up on the pillars a couple times. If anyone on the board was around me, I was the one in the Pearl Jam shirt with the number 31 on the back. Anyway, amazing show. Hopefully they will return to the area sooner, rather than every 2 years.

I did manage to get a bunch of pictures, but the security guard in front of me was kind of being a dick with taking video. Did manage to get SMBH...i know i know. It was the best I could do. If this link to the pictures doesnt work, let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.b.eckert?ref=profile#!/photo.php?pid=36425711&id=31700002

Last night's show was absolutely fantastic! This is the second time I saw them (first was in 2005), and I'm just blown away. AWESOME!

I took short video with my digital camera. The sound quality is not as bad as I thought it was going to be! :LOL:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=103347434

Also, if you want to check out my photos, I have them on my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=201538&id=677840049&ref=nf

I'm at work right now so I can't take a long time to post, but after looking through, yeah the setlist was the same as VA, but it was executed really well, and with a ton of energy on the band's and the crowd's part Matt did some epic rockstar poses. Lots of crowdsurfers. Dom and Chris's Jam was the highlight of the set for me. I was front row basically looking Dom in the eyes (ie: as center as I could be).

The meet and greet was, as was posted here on one of my tweets, extremely brief. It was also extremely awkward--not because of M,D or C but because the label people tried to organize it like a conveyor belt and wouldn't allow anything organic to happen. Matt was interrupted TWICE while he tried to talk to me. I actually got the impression that if we were all left alone with the guys we could have comfortably talked for a while.

I expected Matt to be sort of fidgety, but he was really genial. Made direct eye-contact when talking, very polite. very QUIET. Dominic was just... cool. There's no other word for him. Chris came off shy and unsure and I wanted to hug him.

Details (behind spoiler cut for length and uninterestingness of it):

Matt was wearing grey trousers with a subtle plaid. Chris was in jeans and a tee and Dom was in black skinnies and a black sweater.

I got the guys to sign the setlist. Dom remarked, "Ah cool you got the setlist!" brief banter ensued as to how i got said setlist. Cool story, bro.

I mentioned something to Chris about getting there at 9:30 a.m. to be on the barricade and I don't think he said anything of note. Perhaps an "oh cool" or something.

Prior to getting into the room, Wendy, the 104.5 DJ, told me to tell the guys about the contest because they knew all about it. So i said to Matt (and spoke too quickly and phrased this COMPLETELY WRONG) "So wendy the DJ told me to inform you guys that I sorrrt of won the museum thing." and Matt got wide-eyed and said, "Oh noooo, why didn't you make it?" (he sounded legitimately concerned. it was precious) I said, "Ah no, it's OK. I was 'officially' in 6th place, but would have been 5th place if it weren't for some special muse-fan style voting--which i'm sure you guys are used to." and he grinned and chuckled and was about to say something when he was interrupted so we could get our picture taken. I said, "oh... wait... this is awkward." (mostly thinking aloud) he said, "Yeah..." and I turned to go for the picture and he touched my shoulder and said, "Hey, I'm sorry you didn't get to go." and I said, "Oh no worries. I got to get here early and was front and center on the barricade. In the end the music's the important part, right?" and he said, "Yeah-yeah definitely..." and they shushed us again so we could get the picture.

For the picture I THINK (this happened so fast and i'm sure i look horrible and ack ack ack) I was between chris and dom. I was DEFINITELY next to dom. Chris was next to me at one point and I'm not sure if he got moved or not. as we were getting arranged Dom said, "All right, everyone get close." I felt strangely aware of his arm around my waist. That's probably the most fangirly "holy shit" moment I had. I'm terrified to see this picture when the label sends it to me. I probably have my patented cheese-grin-of-doom.

After we were ushered out we had to wait a REALLY long time for the elevator. And the band had to walk by us to get to the backstagey area. Matt had a glass of red wine and had just downed it as he was walking. My friend said, "Is that the cabernet?" he said, "Yeah" she said, "yeah she (ie: me) just had that, too" i said, "Yeah but yours is in a nice glass. Mine was in a plastic wachovia center cup. Classy." and he smiled and chuckled and I said, "have a good night, guys. Thanks for everything." and he said, "you too" Said good night to dom and chris and that was about it.

Oh, in regard to Chris laughing way out loud, he overheard a comment I made to my friend as we were leaving and he said, "hahaha did you hear what she said?" to Dom. It was just some sarcastic remark that had nothing to do with anything. :)

I'm dying to hear about the museum tour! I heard that the band showed up late and canceled soundcheck to hang out with the group longer. We all saw the twitpics that ensued. I hope it was awesome :D

That was the greatest experience of my life...First off, SSPU was great. Sounded very good live, I was impressed. As far as Muse goes...awesome. This was my first ever Muse concert, and damn, the show alone that they put on is insane. Lasers, the stage, the whole thing was just so well put together. My only complaint would be I wish they had played something from Showbiz, was hoping for Cave but perhaps I was just too naive.

Even still, it was so awesome, I just wish I had tickets for MSG on Friday! :supersad:

:rolleyes: @ the moment Feeling Good begun.

The meet and greet was, as was posted here on one of my tweets, extremely brief. It was also extremely awkward--not because of M,D or C but because the label people tried to organize it like a conveyor belt and wouldn't allow anything organic to happen. Matt was interrupted TWICE while he tried to talk to me. I actually got the impression that if we were all left alone with the guys we could have comfortably talked for a while.

I had been wondering about your encounter. I read on ontd_muse about you getting the email to meet them. That was a cool read.

Chris has always been strangely quiet when I've been around him. The only time he opened up was when we asked about his kids.

All 3 of them are fantastic to their fans and you proved it again. :)

I'm at work right now so I can't take a long time to post, but after looking through, yeah the setlist was the same as VA, but it was executed really well, and with a ton of energy on the band's and the crowd's part Matt did some epic rockstar poses. Lots of crowdsurfers. Dom and Chris's Jam was the highlight of the set for me. I was front row basically looking Dom in the eyes (ie: as center as I could be).

I expected Matt to be sort of fidgety, but he was really genial. Made direct eye-contact when talking, very polite. very QUIET. Dominic was just... cool. There's no other word for him. Chris came off shy and unsure and I wanted to hug him.

Matt was wearing grey trousers with a subtle plaid. Chris was in jeans and a tee and Dom was in black skinnies and a black sweater.

I got the guys to sign the setlist. Dom remarked, "Ah cool you got the setlist!" brief banter ensued as to how i got said setlist. Cool story, bro.

I mentioned something to Chris about getting there at 9:30 a.m. to be on the barricade and I don't think he said anything of note. Perhaps an "oh cool" or something.

Prior to getting into the room, Wendy, the 104.5 DJ, told me to tell the guys about the contest because they knew all about it. So i said to Matt (and spoke too quickly and phrased this COMPLETELY WRONG) "So wendy the DJ told me to inform you guys that I sorrrt of won the museum thing." and Matt got wide-eyed and said, "Oh noooo, why didn't you make it?" (he sounded legitimately concerned. it was precious) I said, "Ah no, it's OK. I was 'officially' in 6th place, but would have been 5th place if it weren't for some special muse-fan style voting--which i'm sure you guys are used to." and he grinned and chuckled and was about to say something when he was interrupted so we could get our picture taken. I said, "oh... wait... this is awkward." (mostly thinking aloud) he said, "Yeah..." and I turned to go for the picture and he touched my shoulder and said, "Hey, I'm sorry you didn't get to go." and I said, "Oh no worries. I got to get here early and was front and center on the barricade. In the end the music's the important part, right?" and he said, "Yeah-yeah definitely..." and they shushed us again so we could get the picture.

For the picture I THINK (this happened so fast and i'm sure i look horrible and ack ack ack) I was between chris and dom. I was DEFINITELY next to dom. Chris was next to me at one point and I'm not sure if he got moved or not. as we were getting arranged Dom said, "All right, everyone get close." I felt strangely aware of his arm around my waist. That's probably the most fangirly "holy shit" moment I had. I'm terrified to see this picture when the label sends it to me. I probably have my patented cheese-grin-of-doom.

After we were ushered out we had to wait a REALLY long time for the elevator. And the band had to walk by us to get to the backstagey area. Matt had a glass of red wine and had just downed it as he was walking. My friend said, "Is that the cabernet?" he said, "Yeah" she said, "yeah she (ie: me) just had that, too" i said, "Yeah but yours is in a nice glass. Mine was in a plastic wachovia center cup. Classy." and he smiled and chuckled and I said, "have a good night, guys. Thanks for everything." and he said, "you too" Said good night to dom and chris and that was about it.

Oh, in regard to Chris laughing way out loud, he overheard a comment I made to my friend as we were leaving and he said, "hahaha did you hear what she said?" to Dom. It was just some sarcastic remark that had nothing to do with anything. :)

I'm dying to hear about the museum tour! I heard that the band showed up late and canceled soundcheck to hang out with the group longer. We all saw the twitpics that ensued. I hope it was awesome :D

:awesome: Great story! They seem so nice.... Sorry about the awkward bits, but it sounds like it turned out pretty good anyway. :)

So glad you got to meet them! They all sound so nice :)

I would have got wobbly knees if Dom had his hands on my waist :$

And I'm also deadly certain that if Matt were to look in my eyes and talk, I'd would blurt out 'omgiluffyousomuchcanigetahugplease' :shifty:

I think its best that I don't meet them. I would save a shitload of my dignity that way :rolleyes:

I'm so glad that you were able to meet them. Like a couple others I was following your story on ontd_muse. So I'm glad you got to meet them, even if it was rushed and awkward. I probably would have fainted if I had Dom's arm around my waist.... okay slight exaggeration but I can totally understand having an fangirly "holy shit" moment there. Also that story about Chris laughing... That's got to be funny. He has such a funny laugh when he laughs out loud. Cause he's usually so quiet and then he busts out laughing... haha. I'm glad you had fun! I'm still hoping I'll find some way to meet them in Chicago.

haha awesome... I was the guy on my tall friend's shoulders for Knights of Cydonia so sorry if i blocked some views but i didnt see alot the whole night cause I'm 5'3". i didnt see anyone on anyone's shoulders, so wasnt sure of the concert-etiquette but hell i was gonna try for a couple minutes lol. I like how they used the 'Man with the Harmonia' theme from the movie Once upon a Time in the West to intro it. On a sidenote: I like the Hanz Zimmer Pirates of the Caribbean knockoff of it:

Also what was that drum/bass solo where they were both in the middle column being rotated, it was badass but wasnt sure if it was an actual instrumental song or a random Intermission break song they do.

EDIT: is it "Helsinki Jam"???

Is the full setlist posted yet?

EDIT: here is one:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/wachovia-center-philadelphia-pa-7bd74234.html

Also what was that drum/bass solo where they were both in the middle column being rotated, it was badass but wasnt sure if it was an actual instrumental song or a random Intermission break song they do.

EDIT: is it "Helsinki Jam"???

On the setlist it's called "Drum and Bass Jam" but yeah, it's the same thing everyone else calls "Helsinki Jam" :)

I am finally coming down from the high of last night; this was my first Muse concert and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen and the seat was no close to the stage; it was amazing. can't wait for Sat. in Boston. as much as so many people are bitching about the set list; it was perfect:D

Archived