So I am finally getting around to posting my gig review/ experience, etc.

I am warning you, i kind of wrote a novel, but i think details and background information is important!!! :D

When i first saw muse in 2005, it was in a small stadium like venue called the Liacouras Center. The crowd was small, but pretty energetic. The venue was no where near being filled to capacity though. It was a great show and just added to the love i already had possessed for this band.

In 2007 i had tickets to see them at the Festival Pier. Due to a bad decision I made, I was no longer able to attend. I was beside myself. It tortured me (and still does) to see the tickets staring back at me everytime i opened my end table drawer. It was then my mission in life to see muse again, as soon as possible. So when i heard about the U.S. Resistance Tour, I was thrilled. This potential gig was so important to me in more ways than one.

Last fall, I drove myself crazy ( i am sure you all went through it as well) waiting for dates to be released. I was worried that there would be no philly date. But when i saw that they would be coming to the Wachovia center on march 2, i snatched up 4 tickets as soon as the presale started. I was ecstatic :dance: that i was able to get four seats together ( for my mom, boyfriend, sister and i). We went with seats because my mom and sis did not wanna be on the floor. So i was happy when i was presented with 4 tickets together in a great section. I patiently waited for march to come around....

Once the day came, I could hardly contain myself.( actually, i couldn't contain myself for a good month before the show, but i was especially excited that day) I had waited foreverrr for this. We left later than i wanted to... we had to wait until my boyfriend got off from work. Consequently, we got stuck in traffic on 95 and we missed SSPU. it wasnt a big deal though, and lots of other people came later too. I was sooooo ANXIOUS in the car. i just wanted to get there and my family was torturing me because they knew i was DYING . My boyfriend kept pretending to lose the tickets, etc. :mad::mad: ahh!

We got there and it was packed. We walked forever to find where our section was. Once inside the arena, it all became real. Seeing those towers in front of me was incredible because i have only seen them in pictures during the euro tour. I knew we had good seats, but i didn't realize HOW good. I felt like we were at the perfect angle from the stage. We were at the bottom (closer to the floor/pit) of section 113.

fc2afcb0.jpg

I was just simple amazed by how many people were there. The place was jammed!

87d10eb5.jpg

Nothing like the Liacouras center in 2005. It was quite crazy to see. Usually, i get kind of territorial about muse (i know. its rediculous) but i felt kinda good about this! I was also worried about it being mobbed with teeny bopper/ twilight fanatics, but there were a lot of awesome people there! Most of the crowd seemed to be around my age (early to mid twenties) but there were some teens and some people in their 30s/40s. A nice mixture. We waited and waited for Muse to come on. i was so anxious and thought my heart was going to explode. then finally, it happened. the lights went out.

Everyone started clapping and cheering/screaming. We are the universe began. This is so beautiful and so intense. It was just so mindblowing to see this happening right in front of me, as i have been watching this intro since last fall through youtube. These girls behind me were kind of adorable. They were the epitome of fan girl.;) the one was literally shaking and crying. I felt this way on this inside, but i tried not to let it show like they did. hah.

Then the curtains dropped. And there they were, my heroes. standing before me. Its a verrryy surreal experience. I can't quite explain the feeling i got when that curtain dropped, but i am sure you all know what i mean. all i could do was grin from ear to ear and cheer like crazy. My boyfriend kept looking at me and smiling. He knew how special this was for me and how happy i was.

I thought the set list was fine. Honestly, they could have played anything and would have been happy. I loved their little jams , etc. The extra riffs after songs were crazy. Every time you thought they were done they just kept going. They were just getting so into it. Matt was hopping and sliding all over the stage. the crowd loved it and the band fed off of the energy of the crowd. All you could do was headbang , dance, etc. It was just so intense at times.

Even the slower songs were great. I really don't care for undisclosed desires, but i thought they did a great job with it.

The visuals were absolutely incredible. It just added a whole different level to it. It was beautiful. A true show. I loved the lasers during new born. Your senses are just being bombarded with so many things. its great. But i am not sure how i feel about matt not playing the piano intro of it.

i loved the eyeball balloons and how the band let the audience have solos.

My mom kept saying "I have been to a lot of concerts, but that was the most beautiful thing i have ever experienced. The best show ever."

In my opinion, the crowd rocked. The pit looked pretty crazy, and saw several crowd surfers.

Now, i know it is a pretty typical thing for people to smoke weed at concerts. However, the people behind us were exhaling it right onto us. It would not have been a big deal to me, if my fourteen year old sister was not with us. My boyfriend asked them to please put it out. He eventually did, but was an ass to my boyfriend the rest of the night and gave us a hard time. The guy put his beer bottles in my boyfriends seat and kept making comments about my boyfriend for the rest of the evening. Nice, right?:rolleyes:

There was a really awesome couple in the row in front of us, and during the show she fell down the stairs and broke her ankle. She didn't tell her husband/boyfriend how bad it was because he had been waiting for the show FOREVER and didnt want to ruin it for him. But she was sitting there sobbing. The husband /bf was like "OH MY GOD! we are leaving right now!" I felt so bad for her.:(

The encore was crazy. It seemed almost louder than the rest of the show. It was great.

I especially love SS live.

The band said several things but i could only make out, "see you soon!" which made me :D

The lights turned on and it was over. My ears were ringing pretty badly. I felt like i was walking around like a grinning zombie. I was so so happy. I couldn't believe what just happened. It was such a blur.

I got myself a keychain, a tshirt, a program, and a setlist!!!:happy:

On the way home, in the car, i was in a euphoric daze.

I knew what i was in for. Because i had waited for this and looked forward to this for what seemed like forever. I knew i was gonna be sad, because it was now over.

The next couple of days sucked. I was really upset and bummin' hard. The post muse blues were setting in. I didn't feel like listening to muse because i thought it would make me sadder. and i didnt want to go on this board because i was sad about all the other shows that were going on that i couldn't attend. But i got through it, kept visiting the board, and listening to muse, and i am fine now! It definitely passes.

Now all i feel is happiness when it comes to the show. I can't wait for them to come back!;)

6a281fd2.jpg

d48ea957.jpg

Loved reading your recap, Brooke! :) Glad it was everything you were hoping! And it looks like you sure did have great seats. I can't believe the douche bag behind you giving your bf a hard time. :indiff: And the girl with the bad ankle. :supersad:

I felt like my gig was really surreal, too. I wish I could go back in time and relive it because so much of it was a blur, really. Now I just have to go back into waiting mode until they come back. *sigh*

Loved reading your recap, Brooke! :) Glad it was everything you were hoping! And it looks like you sure did have great seats. I can't believe the douche bag behind you giving your bf a hard time. :indiff: And the girl with the bad ankle. :supersad:

I felt like my gig was really surreal, too. I wish I could go back in time and relive it because so much of it was a blur, really. Now I just have to go back into waiting mode until they come back. *sigh*

he really was a douche.

i wanna go back in time too! i keep trying to play it back in my head but its haaard!!

and yes...back in waiting mode. gah.

:kiss:

So nice to read your gig experience Brooke! Nice pictures too. Glad you had such an awesome time.

I wish there was douchebag screening at gigs. Philly keeping it classy as always :rolleyes:

So are your mom and sisters Musers now too?

I know about feeling bummed post-gig. A Muse zombie is how I feel right now. :supersad:

So nice to read your gig experience Brooke! Nice pictures too. Glad you had such an awesome time.

I wish there was douchebag screening at gigs. Philly keeping it classy as always :rolleyes:

So are your mom and sisters Musers now too?

I know about feeling bummed post-gig. A Muse zombie is how I feel right now. :supersad:

hahah @ douchebag screenings. absolutely.

my mom became a fan when i first fell in love with them. in 04? she came with me to my last muse gig in 05. my sister likes them a lot too.:happy: it was her first concert.

did you enjoy boston?!?

So I am finally getting around to posting my gig review/ experience, etc.

I am warning you, i kind of wrote a novel, but i think details and background information is important!!! :D

When i first saw muse in 2005, it was in a small stadium like venue called the Liacouras Center. The crowd was small, but pretty energetic. The venue was no where near being filled to capacity though. It was a great show and just added to the love i already had possessed for this band.

In 2007 i had tickets to see them at the Festival Pier. Due to a bad decision I made, I was no longer able to attend. I was beside myself. It tortured me (and still does) to see the tickets staring back at me everytime i opened my end table drawer. It was then my mission in life to see muse again, as soon as possible. So when i heard about the U.S. Resistance Tour, I was thrilled. This potential gig was so important to me in more ways than one.

Last fall, I drove myself crazy ( i am sure you all went through it as well) waiting for dates to be released. I was worried that there would be no philly date. But when i saw that they would be coming to the Wachovia center on march 2, i snatched up 4 tickets as soon as the presale started. I was ecstatic :dance: that i was able to get four seats together ( for my mom, boyfriend, sister and i). We went with seats because my mom and sis did not wanna be on the floor. So i was happy when i was presented with 4 tickets together in a great section. I patiently waited for march to come around....

Once the day came, I could hardly contain myself.( actually, i couldn't contain myself for a good month before the show, but i was especially excited that day) I had waited foreverrr for this. We left later than i wanted to... we had to wait until my boyfriend got off from work. Consequently, we got stuck in traffic on 95 and we missed SSPU. it wasnt a big deal though, and lots of other people came later too. I was sooooo ANXIOUS in the car. i just wanted to get there and my family was torturing me because they knew i was DYING . My boyfriend kept pretending to lose the tickets, etc. :mad: ahh!

We got there and it was packed. We walked forever to find where our section was. Once inside the arena, it all became real. Seeing those towers in front of me was incredible because i have only seen them in pictures during the euro tour. I knew we had good seats, but i didn't realize HOW good. I felt like we were at the perfect angle from the stage. We were at the bottom (closer to the floor/pit) of section 113.

fc2afcb0.jpg

I was just simple amazed by how many people were there. The place was jammed!

87d10eb5.jpg

Nothing like the Liacouras center in 2005. It was quite crazy to see. Usually, i get kind of territorial about muse (i know. its rediculous) but i felt kinda good about this! I was also worried about it being mobbed with teeny bopper/ twilight fanatics, but there were a lot of awesome people there! Most of the crowd seemed to be around my age (early to mid twenties) but there were some teens and some people in their 30s/40s. A nice mixture. We waited and waited for Muse to come on. i was so anxious and thought my heart was going to explode. then finally, it happened. the lights went out.

Everyone started clapping and cheering/screaming. We are the universe began. This is so beautiful and so intense. It was just so mindblowing to see this happening right in front of me, as i have been watching this intro since last fall through youtube. These girls behind me were kind of adorable. They were the epitome of fan girl.;) the one was literally shaking and crying. I felt this way on this inside, but i tried not to let it show like they did. hah.

Then the curtains dropped. And there they were, my heroes. standing before me. Its a verrryy surreal experience. I can't quite explain the feeling i got when that curtain dropped, but i am sure you all know what i mean. all i could do was grin from ear to ear and cheer like crazy. My boyfriend kept looking at me and smiling. He knew how special this was for me and how happy i was.

I thought the set list was fine. Honestly, they could have played anything and would have been happy. I loved their little jams , etc. The extra riffs after songs were crazy. Every time you thought they were done they just kept going. They were just getting so into it. Matt was hopping and sliding all over the stage. the crowd loved it and the band fed off of the energy of the crowd. All you could do was headbang , dance, etc. It was just so intense at times.

Even the slower songs were great. I really don't care for undisclosed desires, but i thought they did a great job with it.

The visuals were absolutely incredible. It just added a whole different level to it. It was beautiful. A true show. I loved the lasers during new born. Your senses are just being bombarded with so many things. its great. But i am not sure how i feel about matt not playing the piano intro of it.

i loved the eyeball balloons and how the band let the audience have solos.

My mom kept saying "I have been to a lot of concerts, but that was the most beautiful thing i have ever experienced. The best show ever."

In my opinion, the crowd rocked. The pit looked pretty crazy, and saw several crowd surfers.

Now, i know it is a pretty typical thing for people to smoke weed at concerts. However, the people behind us were exhaling it right onto us. It would not have been a big deal to me, if my fourteen year old sister was not with us. My boyfriend asked them to please put it out. He eventually did, but was an ass to my boyfriend the rest of the night and gave us a hard time. The guy put his beer bottles in my boyfriends seat and kept making comments about my boyfriend for the rest of the evening. Nice, right?:rolleyes:

There was a really awesome couple in the row in front of us, and during the show she fell down the stairs and broke her ankle. She didn't tell her husband/boyfriend how bad it was because he had been waiting for the show FOREVER and didnt want to ruin it for him. But she was sitting there sobbing. The husband /bf was like "OH MY GOD! we are leaving right now!" I felt so bad for her.:(

The encore was crazy. It seemed almost louder than the rest of the show. It was great.

I especially love SS live.

The band said several things but i could only make out, "see you soon!" which made me :D

The lights turned on and it was over. My ears were ringing pretty badly. I felt like i was walking around like a grinning zombie. I was so so happy. I couldn't believe what just happened. It was such a blur.

I got myself a keychain, a tshirt, a program, and a setlist!!!:happy:

On the way home, in the car, i was in a euphoric daze.

I knew what i was in for. Because i had waited for this and looked forward to this for what seemed like forever. I knew i was gonna be sad, because it was now over.

The next couple of days sucked. I was really upset and bummin' hard. The post muse blues were setting in. I didn't feel like listening to muse because i thought it would make me sadder. and i didnt want to go on this board because i was sad about all the other shows that were going on that i couldn't attend. But i got through it, kept visiting the board, and listening to muse, and i am fine now! It definitely passes.

Now all i feel is happiness when it comes to the show. I can't wait for them to come back!;)

6a281fd2.jpg

d48ea957.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing your Muse tale! Its so awesome to hear other people describe it and know that I'm not the only one who feels this way about them - and they just never dissapoint, do they!?!?

And can I just say that your pictures are sooooo cute! I can see the Bliss on your face that only comes from being at a Muse show!

It is always unfortunate to encounter jerks at a Muse show - most Musers are good to each other, so it's really a shame that some of them have to be ass clowns. And, wow - too bad for the girl with the ankle! :eek:

It is so cool that you got to see them at Liacouras Ctr - I only discovered Muse RIGHT AFTER that show - DRAT!!! This was the first time I've ever seen them in a large venue - and weirdest of all, the first time I was SEATED to see them - that was the only bad thing about my experience - I could see everyone down in the pit jumping up and down and felt like I was the only person in my whole section jumping up and down and singing along... luckily I have GA tickets for the Seattle and Portland shows in April.

Which brings me to my next comment: sounds to me like you need to join the Will Travel for Muse (WTFM) club pronto!!! If you know when you're going to see them next, it really helps to combat the Post-Muse Syndrome agony. With that said, I'm already in panic mode because I dont know when I'll see them again after the Seattle and Portland shows! You'd think that getting to hang out with them at the Art Museum would be enough for a lifetime, and I do feel like I should be satisfied and shut up and get over it - but Muse is definitely a drug and I couldn't be more addicted! There's never enough Muse! :p

hahah @ douchebag screenings. absolutely.

my mom became a fan when i first fell in love with them. in 04? she came with me to my last muse gig in 05. my sister likes them a lot too.:happy: it was her first concert.

did you enjoy boston?!?

It was :awesome:

Muse were fantastic as always. Plus there was Glitterati drama, an epic PiB with Matt laughing his signature laugh right in the middle of it :LOL:

The only regret I have is that the next day I was five minutes away from the place they were at but I didn't check the tweets till much later. :'(

My one (and probably only) chance to meet them and I blew it. FML. :mad:

Well that concert was insane. Disappointed with no Showbiz and having Guiding Light. I would have liked Bliss instead of Feeling Good, but it didn't take anything away from the show. I'm really mad that I have to wait again to see them. I hope they come to the Festival Pier in the summer again.

Thanks so much for sharing your Muse tale! Its so awesome to hear other people describe it and know that I'm not the only one who feels this way about them - and they just never dissapoint, do they!?!?

And can I just say that your pictures are sooooo cute! I can see the Bliss on your face that only comes from being at a Muse show!

It is always unfortunate to encounter jerks at a Muse show - most Musers are good to each other, so it's really a shame that some of them have to be ass clowns. And, wow - too bad for the girl with the ankle! :eek:

It is so cool that you got to see them at Liacouras Ctr - I only discovered Muse RIGHT AFTER that show - DRAT!!! This was the first time I've ever seen them in a large venue - and weirdest of all, the first time I was SEATED to see them - that was the only bad thing about my experience - I could see everyone down in the pit jumping up and down and felt like I was the only person in my whole section jumping up and down and singing along... luckily I have GA tickets for the Seattle and Portland shows in April.

Which brings me to my next comment: sounds to me like you need to join the Will Travel for Muse (WTFM) club pronto!!! If you know when you're going to see them next, it really helps to combat the Post-Muse Syndrome agony. With that said, I'm already in panic mode because I dont know when I'll see them again after the Seattle and Portland shows! You'd think that getting to hang out with them at the Art Museum would be enough for a lifetime, and I do feel like I should be satisfied and shut up and get over it - but Muse is definitely a drug and I couldn't be more addicted! There's never enough Muse! :p

:kiss: :kiss:what section were you in?

i am glad to see that i brought this thread back from the dead...temporarily at least. haha

It was :awesome:

Muse were fantastic as always. Plus there was Glitterati drama, an epic PiB with Matt laughing his signature laugh right in the middle of it :LOL:

The only regret I have is that the next day I was five minutes away from the place they were at but I didn't check the tweets till much later. :'(

My one (and probably only) chance to meet them and I blew it. FML. :mad:

i am glad you had such a great time. :happy::happy:

heyy guys I finally uploaded some pics from the Philly and Baltimore gigs, if you could check them out that'd be :awesome:

teasers:

4436455052_c76a9d5bdb_m.jpg

4435673389_fd95da58ab_m.jpg

4436455580_8c6ecbdb2a_m.jpg

4435679039_3b9dec51fe_m.jpg

Please view the rest @

my FLICKR

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hippiessmell/sets/72157623502871775/

or

My deviantART

http://guerolito.deviantart.com/

Thanks guys :D I have tons of other uploads as well, those are just the best. I took over 600 from the two gigs, if you would like to see any other shots just let me know!

heyy guys I finally uploaded some pics from the Philly and Baltimore gigs, if you could check them out that'd be :awesome:

teasers:

Please view the rest @

my FLICKR

or

My deviantART

Thanks guys :D I have tons of other uploads as well, those are just the best. I took over 600 from the two gigs, if you would like to see any other shots just let me know!

WOW - excellent photos! So, did you love it?

teasers:

Please view the rest @

my FLICKR

or

My deviantART

Amazing shots! I love them all! :D

Too amazing for words....:stunned:

but now I need more :noey: hahah.

Yes, just as you said it would be......amazing!! :awesome:

:D They don't tend to let down... yes, it is definitely an addiction - I tell people I have a sickness for Muse. :LOL: You will have to join the WTFMC (Will Travel for Muse Club!)

ok so finally i uploaded some of my pictures to flickr from the concert here are a preview of a couple

4439045287_d7957c54d3_m.jpg

4439044817_92db843f76_m.jpg

4439821380_4638430773_m.jpg

4439068151_bf84080ba0_m.jpg

:) the rest you can go here http://www.flickr.com/photos/christinamarie/

Your pictures are great too!!! Wow - what kind of camera are you two using?

:D They don't tend to let down... yes, it is definitely an addiction - I tell people I have a sickness for Muse. :LOL: You will have to join the WTFMC (Will Travel for Muse Club!)

I used the Canon Powershot Sx20 IS

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=19208

:) I love it

I would love to join that club! :) One night of Muse was not enough for me!

My camera is a Nikon Coolpix S710, it's a nice little camera and it has a wide angle lens on it so i was able to get the pillars in even though i was in the front. I had my camera on shutter speed priority so i didn't get much blurriness and then did a LOT of photoshopping lol :D

Archived