Do you like the Map Of The Problematique  

1,295 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Map Of The Problematique

The backing piano makes it sound very much like 'precious' by the Mode, as well.

Which album is that off?

I don't really know many of the track names to DM songs, despite the fact I've been listening to them since I could hear.

heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was reminded of Depeche Mode when listening. :happy:

I love it! I can't get enough of the music... it's really... just, uugh... I love it. I don't know about his voice, though. :-/ Hearing the song I was getting in to it, and then I thought "Wait. How the hell is he going to pull it off with his voice?!!?!" It's not too bad, the singing I mean. The more I listen, the more I like it. The song, as a whole, is pretty nice, me thinks. :cool:

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but the mp3 here is 4 minutes 25 seconds long whereas the album version is supposed to be nearly 6 minutes. So maybe we have yet to hear the 'best 10 seconds Muse have ever done' :)

I hope so. Anyway, good tune *thumbsup*

This sounds nothing like "enjoying the silence" at all. The general style of the song is obviously inspired by depeche mode, but linking it to a specific song is rediculous.

Well okay, linking it to THIS song is ridiculous, MOP probably sounds like another Depeche mode track.

P.S. MOP?? Cold as Ice baby!

This sounds nothing like "enjoying the silence" at all. The general style of the song is obviously inspired by depeche mode, but linking it to a specific song is rediculous.

Well okay, linking it to THIS song is ridiculous, MOP probably sounds like another Depeche mode track.

P.S. MOP?? Cold as Ice baby!

Yeah but tonnes of people had already said it sounded like Depeche Mode. If Haze is going to look like he knows his stuff, he has to come up with something specific.

Yeah but tonnes of people had already said it sounded like Depeche Mode. If Haze is going to look like he knows his stuff, he has to come up with something specific.

Only 5 out of 140+ people dont like this song.

Seems to be more popular than Knights Of Cydonia which i wouldnt have thought was possible..

I honestly think Muse are on to something really special with this album, it could be their best yet

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but the mp3 here is 4 minutes 25 seconds long whereas the album version is supposed to be nearly 6 minutes. So maybe we have yet to hear the 'best 10 seconds Muse have ever done' :)

I hope so. Anyway, good tune *thumbsup*

Wasnt that on Hoodoo?

yeah it does sound a lot like that depeche mode song, the 30 second amazon clip that is. it's even got the drum interlude type part. maybe it's a complete coinsidence. this song's definately better than supermassive black hole (what isn't), but not in the least bit better than what i've heard of knights of cydonia.

it's got this.. i don't know how to put it... kind of a sense of motion, it's someting i've heard in other music and i love that muse have done something like this. it totally fucking pwns.

reminds me of the BBC2 drama, BUGS for soem reason.

reminds me of the BBC2 drama, BUGS for soem reason.

Eek - flashback to low budget TV series.

Anyway...

I was wondering where the arpeggiated progressive nightmare had gone - could this be it? I just happen to be listening to Erasure at the moment and MOP reminds me of some of their mid-90s stuff - minimalist melodies, lots of arpeggios and layered vocals. I can hear the DM reference, though. And Violator wasn't that good.

Oh yeah, and I like what I saw on TRL - thanks for the link.

Archived