The Supermassive Blackhole Thread

Pluging

It's about damn time! I couldn't understand why it wasn't released as a single here back when BH&R came out in the first place.

Same thing with Invincible. Can you imagine all of the Grad services blaring it across the States in May-June? Would be a little slice of heaven, for sure. But we'll have to wait till next year.

You know whats funny? My daughter (who listens to "top40" radio, doesn't like Muse, but she and her friends LOVE that song and would love to hear it on the radio. They even req. via text (it didn't get played as far as we could tell), but that awesome. I KNOW it would do well! She likes the bass.

Same thing with Invincible. Can you imagine all of the Grad services blaring it across the States in May-June? Would be a little slice of heaven, for sure. But we'll have to wait till next year.

You know, I hadn't really thought of Invincible being used for that, but it would be perfect. Though if forced to choose between which gets released here next, Supermassive gets my vote. It's been nearly a year, and I'm still not tired of it.

BTW, love the quote in your sig. Words to live by. :)

Supermassive has been played a couple of times on our local rock station here in London Ontario (Canada)...but the responsive wasn't that great. Heard Assassin a couple times...but not lately. Saw Invincible on the video channel (much music) a couple days ago, but haven't heard it on the radio. I'm kind of confused as to what the next official single is either here or in the states :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

Debuts at #40 on the Modern Rock chart.

Previous US singles threads: Knights of Cydonia, Starlight

SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE

Modern Rock Tracks

May 19: #40

May 26: #39

June 02: #33

June 09: #28

June 16: #28

June 23: #26

June 30: #22

July 07: #21

July 14: #21

July 21: #21

July 28: #18

Aug 04: #16

Aug 11: #13

Aug 18: #12

Aug 25: #12

Sept 01: #7

Sept 08: #7

Sept 15: #6

Sept 22: #7

Sept 29: #6

Oct. 06: #8

Oct. 13: #11

BLACK HOLES AND REVELATIONS

Billboard 200

Aug 25: #181 4,061 (356,782)

Debuts at #40 on the Modern Rock chart.

Previous US singles threads: Knights of Cydonia, Starlight

SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE

Modern Rock Tracks

May 19: #40

Not bad...but everyone is the US needs to help get Muse to the top 10 at least!

If you all send emails to dj@cd101.com and request SBH, you can help get it into heavier rotation.

99x has not played it yet, though Starlight is still at #1 on their playlist. I've called several times for it and posted a "the single is out" comment on their Myspace.

Atlanta residents, please call! (404) - 741 - 0997 and request SMBH!!

I don't really see how this song will do better than Starlight. It sounds like the bastard child of Scissor Sisters and Prince more so than a Muse song. I hope I'm wrong. Even Knights had a better debut entry.

Get back to June 2006!

I could do fine. Starlight took ages to climb up the charts, and SBH has only been played for a few weeks at most.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I stuck in an alternate universe? Or am I just missing something really obvious? Because I distinctly remember SMBH being released WAAAYYYYY before KoC or Starlight. I bought it the day it came out, before the album was released. And it got play on KROQ as the "first single off the upcoming Muse album."

Am I stuck in an alternate universe? Or am I just missing something really obvious? Because I distinctly remember SMBH being released WAAAYYYYY before KoC or Starlight. I bought it the day it came out, before the album was released. And it got play on KROQ as the "first single off the upcoming Muse album."

Nope, it was the first single to come out in Europe, and the first here was Knights of Cydonia. KROQ are just dumb and they probably assumed it would be the single here as well.

Buuuut... I need to listen to the radio more often. I didn't know SMBH was the new single.

107.9 here have played it once, but it was the little "Field Test" thing they do where they have people call up and give their two cents on whether the song should be played more or not. I've not heard it other than that...

I think there were only two negative calls- the rest were mostly already fans of Muse (I called in three times :$ ), but there were quite a few who seemed to have heard SBH for the first time and liked it. One guy said it was a "Marilyn Manson/Prince disco orgy." :LOL:

107.9 here have played it once, but it was the little "Field Test" thing they do where they have people call up and give their two cents on whether the song should be played more or not. I've not heard it other than that...

I think there were only two negative calls- the rest were mostly already fans of Muse (I called in three times :$ ), but there were quite a few who seemed to have heard SBH for the first time and liked it. One guy said it was a "Marilyn Manson/Prince disco orgy." :LOL:

In any case, I'm pretty sure the video for SMBH beats watching Marilyn Manson writhing around with whatshername while covered in blood. :stunned:

Archived