Wembley Support Acts  

1,200 members have voted

1. 1. Wembley Support Acts

I voted Editors. I think they fit the slot perfectly but they'd have to be the main support and since they're new material isn't there best, I'm not sure I'd really want to see that. Biffy would be me second choice but bands like Arctic Monkey's are terribly unlikely. Yeah, they were the main support to Muse back at Reading '06 but this year, Monkey's are playing a headline show at Wembley Stadium themselves. Kings Of Leon are a fair shout and I'd like too see it but I'm not sure whether or not they'd consider themselves 'too big' for the slot. They will be three support slots, there almost always is at a Wembley show, there were three supporting Coldplay last year and this show will be as close to a year after that as anything so we shall see what happens but in a realistic world, my choices would go something like this.

1st Support: Fightstar (They have an immense sound, very Muse-y but a lot heavier on the guitars. I think they'd get a few members of the early crowd going early on.)

2nd Support: Biffy Clyro (They're new material is great. I bought the album and I've been listening to it a lot over the past week or so and I'd love to see them live. I missed them because they were playing London the same night as Muse )=.)

Main Support: Kings Of Leon (After a little debate, I think it's reasonable enough. Jay-Z and Girls Aloud supported Coldplay so KoL and Biffy for Muse isn't THAT unrealistic.)

Eh, I should have read it properly I didn't know it was multiple choice. :mad:

I voted for The Editors but I would have added Biffy Clyro, too, even though they've supported them a few times already.

AcK! 'N-Dubz'. What a bunch of knobs! The odd one by Dizzee is OK but, again, nah. I used to like Ting Tings until I bought the album. After listening to it once I decided that her voice annoys the crap out of me. Florence is awful live (in my opinion).

EDIT: In addition to your list, I wouldn't mind seeing Kasabian as a supporting act.

Are they still around? I have their debut cd which is really good but didn't hear much from them after that.

I also think the Verve or Richard Ashcroft on his own would be pretty good

Yeah - I saw them earlier this year in fact. Their fourth album was out this year. They're a band that are never going to be big - I saw them supporting U2 in 2005 and they've certainly not come very far since then. The show I saw this year was in a very small venue - maybe around 1,000 people, if that. But I think they're really very good. There'll probably be two or three supports like last time, so they could certainly be one of them.

Eh, I should have read it properly I didn't know it was multiple choice. :mad:

I voted for The Editors but I would have added Biffy Clyro, too, even though they've supported them a few times already.

AcK! 'N-Dubz'. What a bunch of knobs! The odd one by Dizzee is OK but, again, nah. I used to like Ting Tings until I bought the album. After listening to it once I decided that her voice annoys the crap out of me. Florence is awful live (in my opinion).

EDIT: In addition to your list, I wouldn't mind seeing Kasabian as a supporting act.

yep; there's a lot of love on this one for Kasabian; can't believe I missed them out :facepalm:

Yeah - I saw them earlier this year in fact. Their fourth album was out this year. They're a band that are never going to be big - I saw them supporting U2 in 2005 and they've certainly not come very far since then. The show I saw this year was in a very small venue - maybe around 1,000 people, if that. But I think they're really very good. There'll probably be two or three supports like last time, so they could certainly be one of them.
they'd be pretty good actually; they had a nice sound from what I remember of them

Wot no Streets???? Thought Mike Skinner did really well at Wembley last time. (unbelievably I AM being serious!) :$:LOL:
I agree; the Streets did do well; they didn't cross my mind this time around, I think we did give them a pretty hard time when they came on but won us over in the end :D

Archived